|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
(a) Stop rowing.
(b) Row toward the coast.
(c) Row faster.
(d) Row slower.
2. What are the bodies of the Sirens like?
3. Who do some say Nausicaa eventually falls in love with?
(a) A blind poet.
(b) A hero of the Trojan war.
(c) A lonely prince.
(d) A travelling musician.
4. Where does Ulysses swim to in Section 13?
5. What birds does Ulysses catch by pretending to be dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
2. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
3. Who is Nausicaa's father?
4. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
5. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are two goats sacrificed when Ulysses and his men reach Tartarus?
2. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
3. How does Athene help Ulysses when he is on Calypso's island?
4. What fate befalls Ulysses' ship when he sets sail from Thrinacia?
5. Why do several of his men believe Ulysses killed Elpenor intentionally?
6. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
7. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
8. How do the floating rocks lead Ulysses to fulfill Teiresias' prophesy?
9. Why does Ulysses decide his crew should leave Thrinacia after their hunt is unsuccessful?
10. How does Princess Nausicaa get Ulysses to reveal his identity?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)