|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Hellenes instructed not to eat by Teiresias?
(a) Wild pigs.
(b) Fruit offered by maidens.
(c) Hyperion's golden cattle.
(d) Fish from Poseidon's ocean.
2. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
(a) Suffering illness.
(b) Lost at sea.
(c) Being held captive.
3. What does Ulysses awake upon in Section 12?
4. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
5. What was Charybdis before she angered Zeus?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A naiad.
(c) A sorceress.
(d) A human girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the color of the sky affect Ulysses' mood in Section 9?
2. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
3. How is Ulysses instructed to return Ino's veil to her?
4. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
5. In Section 13, how many days is Ulysses at sea before Poseidon's return from vacation?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)