|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insect does the monster Scylla resemble?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A spider.
(c) A moth.
(d) A centipede.
2. Where does Ulysses believe he is when he awakes in Section 12?
(d) In the Elysian Fields.
3. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
4. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
(a) A storm.
(c) Damage to their ship.
(d) A sleeping spell.
5. What law does Queen Arete warn her husband against breaking by sacrificing Ulysses?
(a) The law of friendship.
(b) The law of hospitality.
(c) The law of courtesy.
(d) The law of kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
2. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
3. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
4. What is unique about the rocks that Ulysses' ship encounters in Section 9?
5. What strange noise does Ulysses hear in Section 9?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)