|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ulysses tricked into believing his men are eating in Section 11?
(c) Wild pig.
2. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Fourteen days.
3. What is special about Ino's veil?
(a) It wards off sharks.
(b) It does not sink.
(c) It flies.
(d) It has a sense of direction.
4. Who besides Ulysses survives the destruction of the ship?
(a) No one.
(c) An unnamed sailor.
5. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(c) South by Southeast.
(d) North by Northwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys Ulysses' ship as it sails away from Thrinacia?
2. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
3. Which god tells Zeus that Poseidon's treatment of Ulysses is unjust?
4. What animals are sacrificed so that Ulysses may talk to the dead?
5. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 9, why does Ulysses order his men to sail straight to Ithaca?
2. Who was Charybdis before she is turned into a monster?
3. What effect does the physical appearance of the Sirens have on Ulysses' men?
4. How does Calypso bring Ulysses to her island?
5. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
6. Why are two goats sacrificed when Ulysses and his men reach Tartarus?
7. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
8. What fate befalls Ulysses' ship when he sets sail from Thrinacia?
9. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
10. Describe Nausicaa.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)