|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nausicaa?
(a) A princess of Phaeacia.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A travelling songstress.
(d) A servant girl.
2. What provision do Ulysses' men find in abundance on Thrinacia?
3. When Ulysses' identity is discovered in Section 14, what favor does he ask of the king?
(a) For a ship to take him home.
(b) For a message to be sent to his wife.
(c) For the friendship of Phaeacia.
(d) For his daughter's hand in marriage.
4. What do Ulysses' men block their ears with to sail thought the strait of the Sirens?
(c) Tree sap.
5. What does Ulysses hold Eurylochus and Perimedes responsible for?
(a) Guarding the ship.
(b) The safety of the sun-cattle.
(c) Hunting for food.
(d) Collecting water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
2. What is special about Ino's veil?
3. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
4. What special ability does Calypso have?
5. What color are the skies in Section 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ulysses decide his crew should leave Thrinacia after their hunt is unsuccessful?
2. How does Athene help Ulysses when he is on Calypso's island?
3. Why does Ulysses have his men tie him to the ship's mast as they pass through the strait of the Sirens?
4. What tool does Ino lend Ulysses to help him swim?
5. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
6. What effect does the sky have on Ulysses in Section 9?
7. Who was Charybdis before she is turned into a monster?
8. In Section 9, why does Ulysses order his men to sail straight to Ithaca?
9. How does Athene intervene in Ulysses' journey once he has reached Phaeacia?
10. How does Calypso know that Ulysses is coming in Section 12?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)