|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(b) South by Southeast.
(d) North by Northwest.
2. What color are the skies in Section 9?
3. What does Ulysses awake upon in Section 12?
4. What special ability does Calypso have?
(a) Calypso can communicate telepathically.
(b) Calypso can control the tides.
(c) Calypso can control peoples' minds.
(d) Calypso can see the past and future.
5. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) White things.
(b) Green things.
(c) Brown things.
(d) Black things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ulysses instructed to return Ino's veil to her?
2. What is special about Ino's veil?
3. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
4. How old is Nausicaa?
5. What does Athene tell Nausicaa to do in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ulysses decide his crew should leave Thrinacia after their hunt is unsuccessful?
2. What obstacle does Ulysses encounter when he reaches the shore of Phaeacia?
3. In Section 9, why does Ulysses order his men to sail straight to Ithaca?
4. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
5. How does Princess Nausicaa get Ulysses to reveal his identity?
6. How does Athene help Ulysses when he is on Calypso's island?
7. Who was Charybdis before she is turned into a monster?
8. How does Athene intervene in Ulysses' journey once he has reached Phaeacia?
9. Who is Scylla before she is turned into a monster?
10. What fate befalls Ulysses' ship when he sets sail from Thrinacia?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)