|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about Ino's veil?
(a) It does not sink.
(b) It flies.
(c) It has a sense of direction.
(d) It wards off sharks.
2. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
(a) A shroud.
(b) A cloak.
(c) A rug.
(d) A handkerchief.
3. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(a) South by Southeast.
(c) North by Northwest.
4. What does Calypso say Ulysses is in time for when waking up in Ogygia the second time?
(a) The wedding of Ulysses' wife.
(b) Ulysses' wedding feast.
(c) Ulysses' funeral.
(d) Ulysses' welcoming party.
5. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
2. How many days does Ulysses swim for in Section 13?
3. Who besides Ulysses survives the destruction of the ship?
4. What is unique about the rocks that Ulysses' ship encounters in Section 9?
5. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ino? What is her motivation for helping Ulysses?
2. Why are two goats sacrificed when Ulysses and his men reach Tartarus?
3. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
4. Who is Scylla before she is turned into a monster?
5. What effect does the physical appearance of the Sirens have on Ulysses' men?
6. How does Calypso bring Ulysses to her island?
7. What effect does the sky have on Ulysses in Section 9?
8. Describe Nausicaa.
9. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
10. How does Ulysses trap food while he is adrift on the raft in Section 11?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)