|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Poseidon been vacationing?
2. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
3. What does Ulysses awake upon in Section 12?
4. Why do Nausicaa's parents lose patience with her?
(a) Nausicaa does not heed the gods.
(b) Nausicaa spends all of her time playing.
(c) Nausicaa spends too much gold.
(d) Nausicaa turns down all of her suitors.
5. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the bodies of the Sirens like?
2. Why does Ino offer to help Ulysses in Section 13?
3. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
4. Who is Ino?
5. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tool does Ino lend Ulysses to help him swim?
2. Who is Scylla before she is turned into a monster?
3. How does Princess Nausicaa get Ulysses to reveal his identity?
4. How does Athene help Ulysses when he is on Calypso's island?
5. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
6. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
7. Who is Ino? What is her motivation for helping Ulysses?
8. What obstacle does Ulysses' ship encounter on its journey toward Ithaca in Section 9?
9. Why does Ulysses have his men tie him to the ship's mast as they pass through the strait of the Sirens?
10. What effect does the physical appearance of the Sirens have on Ulysses' men?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)