|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That he will find more provisions for his men.
(b) That the gods will help him from now on.
(c) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
(d) That he will soon be home.
2. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
3. What does Ulysses hold Eurylochus and Perimedes responsible for?
(a) Hunting for food.
(b) Guarding the ship.
(c) Collecting water.
(d) The safety of the sun-cattle.
4. What provision do Ulysses' men find in abundance on Thrinacia?
5. Who is Hyperion?
(a) The God of Dawn.
(b) The Sun-Titan.
(c) The Ocean-Titan.
(d) The God of Sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thrinacia also known as?
2. What does Ulysses throw which knocks a hole in the castle courtyard in Section 14?
3. What is the only animal Ulysses' men hunt successfully in Thrinacia?
4. What special ability does Calypso have?
5. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tool does Ino lend Ulysses to help him swim?
2. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
3. How does Princess Nausicaa get Ulysses to reveal his identity?
4. How does Athene intervene in Ulysses' journey once he has reached Phaeacia?
5. Describe Nausicaa.
6. What obstacle does Ulysses encounter when he reaches the shore of Phaeacia?
7. How does Ulysses trap food while he is adrift on the raft in Section 11?
8. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
9. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
10. Why do several of his men believe Ulysses killed Elpenor intentionally?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)