Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god tells Zeus that Poseidon's treatment of Ulysses is unjust?
2. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
(b) A passage to Ithaca.
(c) The River Styx.
(d) The strait of the Sirens.
3. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That the gods will help him from now on.
(b) That he will find more provisions for his men.
(c) That he will soon be home.
(d) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
4. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
(c) His wife.
5. What does Calypso say Ulysses is in time for when waking up in Ogygia the second time?
(a) Ulysses' welcoming party.
(b) Ulysses' funeral.
(c) The wedding of Ulysses' wife.
(d) Ulysses' wedding feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
2. What do the faces of the Sirens look like?
3. What does Athene do when Ulysses departs from Phaeacia?
4. Who is Nausicaa?
5. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)