|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
(a) An otter.
(b) A fish.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dragonfly.
2. What do Nausicaa and the maidens play with at the river?
(a) A ball.
(b) A feather.
(c) A dog.
3. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
4. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That he will find more provisions for his men.
(b) That he will soon be home.
(c) That the gods will help him from now on.
(d) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
5. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
2. How did Charybdis anger Zeus?
3. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
4. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
5. What will Thrinacia one day be known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
2. How does Athene intervene in Ulysses' journey once he has reached Phaeacia?
3. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
4. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
5. What obstacle does Ulysses encounter when he reaches the shore of Phaeacia?
6. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
7. How does Princess Nausicaa get Ulysses to reveal his identity?
8. Why are two goats sacrificed when Ulysses and his men reach Tartarus?
9. What does the ghost of Elpenor warn Ulysses about?
10. Who is Scylla before she is turned into a monster?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)