|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Eris bring with her to the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) A lemon.
(b) A pear.
(c) A passion fruit.
(d) An apple.
2. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
3. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
4. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Live goats.
(b) Human flesh.
(c) Fellow cyclopses.
5. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
(a) In the hills.
(b) In a hut.
(c) At the coast.
(d) By a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
2. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
3. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
4. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
5. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What spell does Circe cast on men? Why?
2. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
3. What is the lotus-flower?
4. What does Circe say Ulysses will have to do if he decided to leave her island?
5. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
6. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
7. Whom does Ulysses send to scout the Island of the Racing Sun? What happens to them?
8. What plan does Ulysses devise that leads to the Greeks' victory over Troy?
9. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
10. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)