|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
2. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
(a) By a river.
(b) Within a ditch.
(c) In a hut.
(d) In a cave.
3. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
4. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' servant.
(b) Morpheus' brother.
(c) Morpheus' father.
(d) Morpheus' enemy.
5. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
(a) To murder them.
(b) To send them away.
(c) To eat them.
(d) To enslave them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
2. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
3. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
4. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
5. What animals are outside the island's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is attracted to the baubles thrown from Ulysses' ships in their retreat from the island? Who is angered by this?
2. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
3. What references does Section 2 make to sacrifices to the Gods?
4. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
5. What is the lotus-flower?
6. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
7. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
8. How does Aphrodite plot to win the title of the fairest Goddess?
9. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
10. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)