|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
2. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of Crete.
(b) The Island of Rhodes.
(c) The Island of the Winds.
(d) The Island of the Dawn.
3. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
4. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
(b) Golden treasure.
(c) Barrels of wine.
(d) His men.
5. Who is Polyphemus' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
2. Who does Ulysses decree will be captain should anything happen to him?
3. How many ships are destroyed by the giants?
4. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
5. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eris is the Lady of Discord. Explain how she lives up to her title at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis.
2. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
3. How do the Hellenes escape Polyphemus' cave?
4. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
5. What is attracted to the baubles thrown from Ulysses' ships in their retreat from the island? Who is angered by this?
6. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
7. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
8. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
9. Describe the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6.
10. How does Aphrodite plot to win the title of the fairest Goddess?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)