|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
(a) The Circonians.
(b) The Harmonians.
(c) The Cyclopses.
(d) The Tartarans.
2. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A fox.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A stag.
(d) A tiger.
3. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A gale.
4. Who is Morpheus?
(a) The god of the south wind.
(b) The god of dreams.
(c) The god of the soul.
(d) The god of slumber.
5. In Section 6, what does Ulysses send one of his men to climb in order to scout out the island?
(a) A tree.
(b) A hill.
(c) A rock formation.
(d) A cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
2. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
3. Who does Ulysses decree will be captain should anything happen to him?
4. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
5. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
2. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
3. Describe the monsters that inhabit the mountainous island where Ulysses' ship docks.
4. Describe the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6.
5. What plan does Ulysses devise that leads to the Greeks' victory over Troy?
6. What role does greed play in ruining Ulysses' return to Ithaca?
7. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
8. What does Ulysses climb in Section 6?
9. Whom does Ulysses send to scout the Island of the Racing Sun? What happens to them?
10. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)