|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) The most popular of the Goddesses.
(b) The fairest of the Goddesses.
(c) The smartest of the Goddesses.
(d) The most powerful of the Goddesses.
2. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of Crete.
(b) The Island of the Winds.
(c) The Island of the Dawn.
(d) The Island of Rhodes.
3. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(a) A flat barren plain.
(b) Covered in thick jungle.
(c) Foggy and cold.
4. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
(a) A song.
(b) A gift.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A story.
5. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
(a) Apollo and Daphiene's.
(b) Narsuisus and Echo's.
(c) Peleus and Thetis'.
(d) Zeus and Hera's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
2. Who does Ulysses decree will be captain should anything happen to him?
3. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
4. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
5. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Ciconians?
2. What favor does Aeolus grant Ulysses?
3. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
4. Eris is the Lady of Discord. Explain how she lives up to her title at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis.
5. Describe the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6.
6. What role does greed play in ruining Ulysses' return to Ithaca?
7. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
8. How does Aphrodite plot to win the title of the fairest Goddess?
9. What do Eurylochus and his men discover at the castle?
10. What does Ulysses climb in Section 6?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)