|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
2. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
3. Who is Aeolus?
(a) Zeus' son.
(b) Ares' son.
(c) Poseidon's son.
(d) Athene's son.
4. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A fox.
(b) A stag.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An eagle.
5. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
2. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
3. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
4. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
5. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Ciconians?
2. What favor does Aeolus grant Ulysses?
3. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
4. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
5. What do Eurylochus and his men discover at the castle?
6. What is attracted to the baubles thrown from Ulysses' ships in their retreat from the island? Who is angered by this?
7. What is the lotus-flower?
8. What does Ulysses climb in Section 6?
9. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
10. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)