|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
2. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Morning Star.
(b) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(c) The Island of the Winds.
(d) The Island of Calm.
3. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
4. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
5. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
(a) That he will die at sea.
(b) That he will be blinded.
(c) That he will be betrayed by those he trusts.
(d) That he will wander many years before returning home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
2. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
3. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
4. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
5. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What references does Section 2 make to sacrifices to the Gods?
2. How do the Hellenes escape Polyphemus' cave?
3. Who was Charybdis before she is turned into a monster?
4. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
5. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
6. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
7. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
8. Describe the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6.
9. Who is Scylla before she is turned into a monster?
10. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)