|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals are outside the island's castle?
(a) Goats and sheep.
(b) Stags and foxes.
(c) Wolves and lions.
(d) Horses and Zebras.
2. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a town square.
(b) In a field.
(c) Within a jungle.
(d) On the shore.
3. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
4. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
5. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
2. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
3. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
4. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
5. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hellenes escape Polyphemus' cave?
2. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
3. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
4. What spell does Circe cast on men? Why?
5. Whom does Ulysses send to scout the Island of the Racing Sun? What happens to them?
6. What references does Section 2 make to sacrifices to the Gods?
7. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
8. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
9. Eris is the Lady of Discord. Explain how she lives up to her title at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis.
10. What do Eurylochus and his men discover at the castle?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)