|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
2. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals have human eyes.
(b) The animals are sickly.
(c) The animals are unfriendly.
(d) The animals walk upright.
3. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
(a) In a hut.
(b) Within a ditch.
(c) By a river.
(d) In a cave.
4. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(b) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(c) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(d) From tales of the Trojan war.
5. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
2. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
3. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
4. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
5. What does Ulysses order his men to do when he discovers the giant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hellenes escape Polyphemus' cave?
2. Who is Morpheus? Who are his family members?
3. What references does Section 2 make to sacrifices to the Gods?
4. What does Circe say Ulysses will have to do if he decided to leave her island?
5. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses?
6. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
7. Who are the Ciconians?
8. What does Ulysses climb in Section 6?
9. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
10. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)