|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
(a) A moby flower.
(b) An aconite flower.
(c) A lotus flower.
(d) A hellebore flower.
2. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
3. Who is Polyphemus' father?
4. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
(a) A potion.
(b) A powder.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A flower.
5. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
(b) Have nightmares.
(c) Slip into comas.
(d) Fall asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
2. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
3. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
4. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
5. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
2. What do Eurylochus and his men discover at the castle?
3. What role does greed play in ruining Ulysses' return to Ithaca?
4. What does Circe say Ulysses will have to do if he decided to leave her island?
5. Who are the Ciconians?
6. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
7. What favor does Aeolus grant Ulysses?
8. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
9. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
10. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)