|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
2. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' father.
(b) Morpheus' brother.
(c) Morpheus' servant.
(d) Morpheus' enemy.
3. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A stag.
(b) A fox.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An eagle.
4. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) The smartest of the Goddesses.
(b) The most powerful of the Goddesses.
(c) The fairest of the Goddesses.
(d) The most popular of the Goddesses.
5. Who is Circe?
(a) A sorceress.
(b) A naiad.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A mermaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
2. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
3. Who does Ulysses decree will be captain should anything happen to him?
4. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
5. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Morpheus? Who are his family members?
2. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
3. How do the Hellenes escape Polyphemus' cave?
4. What do Eurylochus and his men discover at the castle?
5. What role does greed play in ruining Ulysses' return to Ithaca?
6. What spell does Circe cast on men? Why?
7. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
8. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
9. What does Ulysses climb in Section 6?
10. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)