|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(b) The Island of the Morning Star.
(c) The Island of Calm.
(d) The Island of the Winds.
2. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(b) His sword.
3. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
4. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Live goats.
(c) Fellow cyclopses.
(d) Human flesh.
5. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a town square.
(b) On the shore.
(c) In a field.
(d) Within a jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
2. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
3. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
4. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
5. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
2. How does Calypso know that Ulysses is coming in Section 12?
3. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
4. What is the lotus-flower?
5. Who is Ino? What is her motivation for helping Ulysses?
6. How does Princess Nausicaa get Ulysses to reveal his identity?
7. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
8. Describe the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6.
9. What effect does the physical appearance of the Sirens have on Ulysses' men?
10. How does Athene help Ulysses when he is on Calypso's island?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)