|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Winds.
(b) The Island of the Morning Star.
(c) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(d) The Island of Calm.
2. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
3. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
4. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a town square.
(b) Within a jungle.
(c) In a field.
(d) On the shore.
5. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In the hills.
(c) At the coast.
(d) By a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 6, what does Ulysses send one of his men to climb in order to scout out the island?
2. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
3. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
4. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
5. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
2. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
3. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
4. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses?
5. Whom does Ulysses send to scout the Island of the Racing Sun? What happens to them?
6. What does Ulysses climb in Section 6?
7. What plan does Ulysses devise that leads to the Greeks' victory over Troy?
8. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
9. Who are the Ciconians?
10. What role does greed play in ruining Ulysses' return to Ithaca?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)