|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
(a) Barrels of wine.
(b) Treasures from Troy.
2. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals walk upright.
(b) The animals are sickly.
(c) The animals have human eyes.
(d) The animals are unfriendly.
3. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
(a) Wild pig.
4. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
5. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
2. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
3. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
4. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
5. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
2. What is attracted to the baubles thrown from Ulysses' ships in their retreat from the island? Who is angered by this?
3. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
4. Whom does Ulysses send to scout the Island of the Racing Sun? What happens to them?
5. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
6. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
7. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
8. What favor does Aeolus grant Ulysses?
9. Which god does Ulysses meet on his way to Circe's castle? What does this god offer Ulysses?
10. What do Eurylochus and his men discover at the castle?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)