|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a town square.
(b) On the shore.
(c) Within a jungle.
(d) In a field.
2. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(b) Ulysses shoots their horses.
(c) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(d) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
3. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
4. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
5. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(b) Foggy and cold.
(c) A flat barren plain.
(d) Covered in thick jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
2. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
3. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
4. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
5. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
2. Who was Charybdis before she is turned into a monster?
3. How does Calypso bring Ulysses to her island?
4. Why does Ulysses resist attacking the island village that his men spot from their ships?
5. How does Athene protect Telemachus in Section 15?
6. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses?
7. How does Calypso know that Ulysses is coming in Section 12?
8. Eris is the Lady of Discord. Explain how she lives up to her title at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis.
9. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
10. Who is Scylla before she is turned into a monster?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)