|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Circe tell Ulysses he must travel?
2. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' father.
(b) Morpheus' enemy.
(c) Morpheus' brother.
(d) Morpheus' servant.
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
(a) The Tartarans.
(b) The Harmonians.
(c) The Cyclopses.
(d) The Circonians.
4. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
5. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
2. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
3. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
4. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
5. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eris is the Lady of Discord. Explain how she lives up to her title at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis.
2. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
3. What favor does Aeolus grant Ulysses?
4. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
5. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses?
6. What story does Ulysses tell Aeolus, and in what way does Aeolus find it pleasing?
7. What role does greed play in ruining Ulysses' return to Ithaca?
8. What mistake does Ulysses make once he and his men are safely on their ship having escaped Polyphemus?
9. What references does Section 2 make to sacrifices to the Gods?
10. How does Polyphemus trap the Hellenes?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)