|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Ithaca.
(b) Back to Troy.
(c) Back to Polymetheus' island.
(d) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
(a) The Tartarans.
(b) The Harmonians.
(c) The Circonians.
(d) The Cyclopses.
4. Who is Circe?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) A naiad.
(d) A goddess.
5. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
2. Who is Hypnos?
3. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
4. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
5. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
2. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
3. Who is Morpheus? Who are his family members?
4. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
5. What does the ghost of Elpenor warn Ulysses about?
6. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
7. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
8. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
9. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
10. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)