|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
2. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
3. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
(a) They find food.
(b) They do not return.
(c) They get lost for many hours.
(d) They are taken prisoner.
4. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(c) His sword.
5. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster two heads.
(b) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(c) A monster with the head of a bull.
(d) A monster with one eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
2. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
3. Who is Polyphemus' father?
4. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
5. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. From her suitors, who does Ulysses advise Penelope she should choose as her husband?
2. What does Ulysses learn from a crow of his wife, Penelope, back in Ithaca?
3. Who is Ino? What is her motivation for helping Ulysses?
4. Who is Morpheus? Who are his family members?
5. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
6. How do the Hellenes escape Polyphemus' cave?
7. How do the floating rocks lead Ulysses to fulfill Teiresias' prophesy?
8. Why does Ulysses decide his crew should leave Thrinacia after their hunt is unsuccessful?
9. What obstacle does Ulysses encounter when he reaches the shore of Phaeacia?
10. What does Circe say Ulysses will have to do if he decided to leave her island?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)