|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
2. Where does Ulysses swim to in Section 13?
3. What law does Queen Arete warn her husband against breaking by sacrificing Ulysses?
(a) The law of kindness.
(b) The law of friendship.
(c) The law of courtesy.
(d) The law of hospitality.
4. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) Brown things.
(b) White things.
(c) Black things.
(d) Green things.
5. What does Ulysses hold Eurylochus and Perimedes responsible for?
(a) Guarding the ship.
(b) Hunting for food.
(c) Collecting water.
(d) The safety of the sun-cattle.
6. What plant does Ulysses rest amongst after reaching land in Section 13?
7. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
(a) Athene, in a dream.
8. What are the bodies of the Sirens like?
9. Where has Poseidon been vacationing?
10. What provision do Ulysses' men find in abundance on Thrinacia?
11. What form does the monster Charybdis take?
(a) A giant.
(b) A tempest.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A whirlpool.
12. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
(b) A storm.
(c) A sleeping spell.
(d) Damage to their ship.
13. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
14. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
(a) His wife.
15. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
(a) Their appearances.
(b) Their voices.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ino?
2. Through what device does Calypso watch Ulysses' journey?
3. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
4. Where do the Hellenes attempt to sail directly to following Ulysses' order?
5. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)