|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
2. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
3. Who warns Ulysses in Section 8 that he will encounter the Sirens?
4. Who do some say Nausicaa eventually falls in love with?
(a) A travelling musician.
(b) A lonely prince.
(c) A blind poet.
(d) A hero of the Trojan war.
5. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) Brown things.
(b) White things.
(c) Green things.
(d) Black things.
6. Who is Hyperion?
(a) The God of Dawn.
(b) The Ocean-Titan.
(c) The Sun-Titan.
(d) The God of Sleep.
7. How many days does Ulysses swim for in Section 13?
8. Who is Ino?
(a) A sorceress.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A naiad.
(d) A mermaid.
9. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
(a) The monster Scylla.
(b) The Cyclops monsters.
(c) The monster cyberus.
(d) The monster Charybdis.
10. What is the only animal Ulysses' men hunt successfully in Thrinacia?
(b) Wild pigs.
11. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
(a) Two months.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Six months.
12. What color are the skies in Section 9?
13. What does Ulysses hold on to after Poseidon destroys his ship in Section 13?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A barrel.
(c) A plank.
(d) A railing.
14. What provision do Ulysses' men find in abundance on Thrinacia?
15. What are the Hellenes instructed not to eat by Teiresias?
(a) Hyperion's golden cattle.
(b) Wild pigs.
(c) Fruit offered by maidens.
(d) Fish from Poseidon's ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Ulysses' men are taken by Scylla?
2. Why does Ino offer to help Ulysses in Section 13?
3. What does Athene do when Ulysses departs from Phaeacia?
4. What was Charybdis before she angered Zeus?
5. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)