|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
2. What is the only animal Ulysses' men hunt successfully in Thrinacia?
(c) Wild pigs.
3. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
4. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
(a) The monster Charybdis.
(b) The monster cyberus.
(c) The monster Scylla.
(d) The Cyclops monsters.
5. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
6. Who does Hyperion request vengeance from?
7. How many of Ulysses' men are taken by Scylla?
8. What does Athene tell Nausicaa to do in her dream?
(a) Throw a banquet.
(b) Defy her parents.
(c) Sing songs of war.
(d) Wash clothes at the river.
9. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
(b) Geographical obstacles.
(c) Bad weather.
10. Where do the Hellenes attempt to sail directly to following Ulysses' order?
11. What does Poseidon call up when he sees Ulysses at sea in Section 13?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A gale.
(c) A strong current.
(d) A storm.
12. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) Brown things.
(b) White things.
(c) Black things.
(d) Green things.
13. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
(a) Suffering illness.
(b) Being held captive.
(c) Lost at sea.
14. How many days does Ulysses swim for in Section 13?
15. Why do Nausicaa's parents lose patience with her?
(a) Nausicaa spends too much gold.
(b) Nausicaa spends all of her time playing.
(c) Nausicaa does not heed the gods.
(d) Nausicaa turns down all of her suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ulysses tricked into believing his men are eating in Section 11?
2. What does Ulysses throw which knocks a hole in the castle courtyard in Section 14?
3. Who is Nausicaa's father?
4. Who is Teiresias?
5. Who is Ulysses' mother?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)