|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provision do Ulysses' men find in abundance on Thrinacia?
2. Who is Teiresias?
(a) A king.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A fallen soldier.
(d) A god.
3. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
(a) A sleeping spell.
(c) Damage to their ship.
(d) A storm.
4. Where has Poseidon been vacationing?
5. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
6. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the north.
(b) Sailing to the east.
(c) Docking at an island.
(d) Sailing to the south sea.
7. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
(a) Bad weather.
(d) Geographical obstacles.
8. What does Ulysses send to Ithaca in Section 12 to bring him a report about his wife and son?
(a) A gull.
(b) A crow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A dove.
9. What does Poseidon call up when he sees Ulysses at sea in Section 13?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A gale.
(c) A storm.
(d) A strong current.
10. What does Athene do when Ulysses departs from Phaeacia?
(a) Athene travels with him disguised as a servant.
(b) Athene drugs Poseidon.
(c) Athene makes the winds blow so that the trip is quickened.
(d) Athene warns Poseidon not to interfere.
11. What do Ulysses' men block their ears with to sail thought the strait of the Sirens?
(c) Tree sap.
12. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Six months.
13. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
(c) Athene, in a dream.
14. What are the bodies of the Sirens like?
15. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
(a) A rug.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A shroud.
(d) A cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
2. Who is Ino?
3. What does Athene tell Nausicaa to do in her dream?
4. Who is Hyperion?
5. What does Ulysses find after swimming along the coast in Section 13?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)