|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
(a) Being held captive.
(b) Suffering illness.
(c) Lost at sea.
2. What will Thrinacia one day be known as?
3. Who is Ino?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A sorceress.
(d) A naiad.
4. What does Ulysses hold on to after Poseidon destroys his ship in Section 13?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A railing.
(c) A plank.
(d) A barrel.
5. What are the bodies of the Sirens like?
6. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the south sea.
(b) Docking at an island.
(c) Sailing to the east.
(d) Sailing to the north.
7. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
(a) Row slower.
(b) Row faster.
(c) Row toward the coast.
(d) Stop rowing.
8. How old is Nausicaa?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Twenty-four years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
9. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
(a) A bird.
(b) An otter.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A fish.
10. What law does Queen Arete warn her husband against breaking by sacrificing Ulysses?
(a) The law of hospitality.
(b) The law of courtesy.
(c) The law of kindness.
(d) The law of friendship.
11. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
12. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
(a) A passage to Ithaca.
(c) The River Styx.
(d) The strait of the Sirens.
13. Through what device does Calypso watch Ulysses' journey?
(a) A magical basin.
(b) A magical tablet.
(c) A magical mirror.
(d) A magical fire.
14. Who warns Ulysses in Section 8 that he will encounter the Sirens?
15. Why do Nausicaa's parents lose patience with her?
(a) Nausicaa turns down all of her suitors.
(b) Nausicaa spends too much gold.
(c) Nausicaa does not heed the gods.
(d) Nausicaa spends all of her time playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
2. What does Ulysses throw which knocks a hole in the castle courtyard in Section 14?
3. What is the only animal Ulysses' men hunt successfully in Thrinacia?
4. What color are the skies in Section 9?
5. What is Thrinacia also known as?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)