Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god tells Zeus that Poseidon's treatment of Ulysses is unjust?
2. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
(b) A passage to Ithaca.
(c) The River Styx.
(d) The strait of the Sirens.
3. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That the gods will help him from now on.
(b) That he will find more provisions for his men.
(c) That he will soon be home.
(d) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
4. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
(c) His wife.
5. What does Calypso say Ulysses is in time for when waking up in Ogygia the second time?
(a) Ulysses' welcoming party.
(b) Ulysses' funeral.
(c) The wedding of Ulysses' wife.
(d) Ulysses' wedding feast.
6. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the east.
(b) Sailing to the south sea.
(c) Sailing to the north.
(d) Docking at an island.
7. What do the faces of the Sirens look like?
(c) Old women.
8. What does Athene do when Ulysses departs from Phaeacia?
(a) Athene travels with him disguised as a servant.
(b) Athene warns Poseidon not to interfere.
(c) Athene drugs Poseidon.
(d) Athene makes the winds blow so that the trip is quickened.
9. Who is Nausicaa?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A princess of Phaeacia.
(c) A servant girl.
(d) A travelling songstress.
10. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
(a) Row toward the coast.
(b) Row slower.
(c) Row faster.
(d) Stop rowing.
11. What does Ulysses find after swimming along the coast in Section 13?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) A river.
(c) A cove.
(d) A waterfall.
12. How does the color of the sky affect Ulysses' mood in Section 9?
(a) Ulysses becomes fearful.
(b) Ulysses becomes vengeful.
(c) Ulysses' spirits are lifted.
(d) Ulysses' spirits are dampened.
13. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
14. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
15. What strange noise does Ulysses hear in Section 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ulysses' ship driven through the strait of the Sirens?
2. What does Athene tell Nausicaa to do in her dream?
3. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
4. Who do some say Nausicaa eventually falls in love with?
5. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)