|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
2. Who is Hyperion?
(a) The God of Dawn.
(b) The Ocean-Titan.
(c) The Sun-Titan.
(d) The God of Sleep.
3. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A rug.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A shroud.
4. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
5. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
6. What insect does the monster Scylla resemble?
(a) A centipede.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A moth.
(d) A spider.
7. What was Charybdis before she angered Zeus?
(a) A human girl.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) A naiad.
(d) A goddess.
8. Through what device does Calypso watch Ulysses' journey?
(a) A magical tablet.
(b) A magical mirror.
(c) A magical fire.
(d) A magical basin.
9. What do the faces of the Sirens look like?
(c) Old women.
10. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
11. What birds does Ulysses catch by pretending to be dead?
12. What is Thrinacia also known as?
(a) The Isle of Fire.
(b) The Isle of the Sun.
(c) The Isle of Dragons.
(d) The Isle of Dawn.
13. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Thirty days.
14. What form does the monster Charybdis take?
(a) A serpent.
(b) A tempest.
(c) A whirlpool.
(d) A giant.
15. Where does Ulysses believe he is when he awakes in Section 12?
(b) In the Elysian Fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who besides Ulysses survives the destruction of the ship?
2. When Ulysses' identity is discovered in Section 14, what favor does he ask of the king?
3. How old is Nausicaa?
4. What is Ulysses tricked into believing his men are eating in Section 11?
5. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)