|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nausicaa's father?
(a) King Icarus.
(c) King Alcinous.
(d) King Cepheus.
2. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That the gods will help him from now on.
(b) That he will find more provisions for his men.
(c) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
(d) That he will soon be home.
3. When Ulysses' identity is discovered in Section 14, what favor does he ask of the king?
(a) For his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) For a ship to take him home.
(c) For the friendship of Phaeacia.
(d) For a message to be sent to his wife.
4. Where does Ulysses swim to in Section 13?
5. How old is Nausicaa?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Twenty-four years old.
6. What plant does Ulysses rest amongst after reaching land in Section 13?
7. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
(a) A rug.
(b) A shroud.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A handkerchief.
8. Why do Nausicaa's parents lose patience with her?
(a) Nausicaa spends all of her time playing.
(b) Nausicaa spends too much gold.
(c) Nausicaa turns down all of her suitors.
(d) Nausicaa does not heed the gods.
9. What will Thrinacia one day be known as?
10. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the east.
(b) Docking at an island.
(c) Sailing to the south sea.
(d) Sailing to the north.
11. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
(a) Athene, in a dream.
12. What does Ulysses send to Ithaca in Section 12 to bring him a report about his wife and son?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A dove.
(c) A gull.
(d) A crow.
13. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
(a) The Cyclops monsters.
(b) The monster Scylla.
(c) The monster cyberus.
(d) The monster Charybdis.
14. Who does Ulysses think Nausicaa is?
(d) His wife.
15. What does Calypso say Ulysses is in time for when waking up in Ogygia the second time?
(a) Ulysses' wedding feast.
(b) Ulysses' welcoming party.
(c) The wedding of Ulysses' wife.
(d) Ulysses' funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses find after swimming along the coast in Section 13?
2. What special ability does Calypso have?
3. What do the faces of the Sirens look like?
4. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
5. What color are the skies in Section 9?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)