|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hyperion?
(a) The God of Sleep.
(b) The God of Dawn.
(c) The Sun-Titan.
(d) The Ocean-Titan.
2. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
3. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
(a) Four months.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Ten days.
4. What was Charybdis before she angered Zeus?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A naiad.
(c) A sorceress.
(d) A human girl.
5. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the east.
(b) Docking at an island.
(c) Sailing to the south sea.
(d) Sailing to the north.
6. Who turned Scylla into a monster?
7. How old is Nausicaa?
(a) Twenty-four years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
8. What do the faces of the Sirens look like?
(b) Old women.
9. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) White things.
(b) Green things.
(c) Black things.
(d) Brown things.
10. How many days does Ulysses swim for in Section 13?
11. Who is Nausicaa's father?
(a) King Cepheus.
(b) King Alcinous.
(c) King Icarus.
12. Who warns Ulysses in Section 8 that he will encounter the Sirens?
13. What does Ulysses throw which knocks a hole in the castle courtyard in Section 14?
(a) A chariot wheel.
(b) A spear.
(c) A table.
(d) A vase.
14. What plant does Ulysses rest amongst after reaching land in Section 13?
15. How does the color of the sky affect Ulysses' mood in Section 9?
(a) Ulysses becomes vengeful.
(b) Ulysses' spirits are dampened.
(c) Ulysses' spirits are lifted.
(d) Ulysses becomes fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
2. What does Ulysses send to Ithaca in Section 12 to bring him a report about his wife and son?
3. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
4. What animals are sacrificed so that Ulysses may talk to the dead?
5. What is Thrinacia also known as?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)