|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
(a) Apollo and Daphiene's.
(b) Narsuisus and Echo's.
(c) Zeus and Hera's.
(d) Peleus and Thetis'.
2. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A fox.
(b) A stag.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A tiger.
3. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
4. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(b) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(c) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
(d) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
5. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
(b) Back to Ithaca.
(c) Back to Troy.
(d) Back to Polymetheus' island.
6. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
7. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
(b) Throwing rocks.
8. What animals are outside the island's castle?
(a) Goats and sheep.
(b) Stags and foxes.
(c) Horses and Zebras.
(d) Wolves and lions.
9. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) A gale.
(d) A storm.
10. Who is Polyphemus' father?
11. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
(a) That he will die at sea.
(b) That he will be blinded.
(c) That he will be betrayed by those he trusts.
(d) That he will wander many years before returning home.
12. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
(a) To murder them.
(b) To send them away.
(c) To enslave them.
(d) To eat them.
13. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
14. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
15. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aeolus?
2. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
3. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
4. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
5. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)