|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulysses order his men to do when he discovers the giant?
(a) Return to the ships.
(b) Kill the giant.
(c) Build a large bonfire.
(d) Hide within the foliage.
2. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
3. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
4. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
5. To where does Circe tell Ulysses he must travel?
6. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men fall asleep.
(b) The men draw their swords.
(c) The men panic.
(d) The men become ill.
7. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
(a) Barrels of wine.
(b) Treasures from Troy.
8. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster two heads.
(b) A monster with the head of a bull.
(c) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(d) A monster with one eye.
9. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) On the shore.
(b) In a field.
(c) Within a jungle.
(d) In a town square.
10. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
(a) A potion.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A flower.
(d) A powder.
11. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(b) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(c) Ulysses shoots their horses.
(d) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
12. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
(a) Apollo and Daphiene's.
(b) Zeus and Hera's.
(c) Narsuisus and Echo's.
(d) Peleus and Thetis'.
13. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
14. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
15. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Fellow cyclopses.
(b) Live goats.
(c) Human flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
2. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
3. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
4. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
5. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)