|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
2. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
3. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
4. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
5. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(b) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
(c) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(d) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
6. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
7. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
8. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
(b) Barrels of wine.
(c) Golden treasure.
(d) His men.
9. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(a) Covered in thick jungle.
(b) Foggy and cold.
(d) A flat barren plain.
10. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(b) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(c) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(d) Ulysses shoots their horses.
11. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
(a) Slip into comas.
(b) Fall asleep.
(d) Have nightmares.
12. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(b) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(c) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(d) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
13. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) The most popular of the Goddesses.
(b) The fairest of the Goddesses.
(c) The smartest of the Goddesses.
(d) The most powerful of the Goddesses.
14. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
(a) A stag.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A horse.
(d) A wild pig.
15. Who is Morpheus?
(a) The god of the south wind.
(b) The god of the soul.
(c) The god of dreams.
(d) The god of slumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
2. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
3. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
4. Who is Hypnos?
5. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)