|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Polymetheus' island.
(b) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
(c) Back to Troy.
(d) Back to Ithaca.
2. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
(a) Morpheus turns their nightmares to sweet dreams.
(b) Morpheus appears in their dreams to give them information.
(c) Morpheus turns their sweet dreams into nightmares.
(d) Morpheus makes their dreams never ending.
3. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
(a) A gift.
(b) A song.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A story.
4. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
5. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
6. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
(a) A villager.
(c) The sentries.
7. Who is Polyphemus' father?
8. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
9. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
10. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
(a) Barrels of wine.
(b) His men.
(d) Golden treasure.
11. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
12. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(a) His sword.
13. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
14. What is referred to as "a little death" by Hypnos?
(a) A coma.
15. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
(a) In the hills.
(b) In a hut.
(c) By a river.
(d) At the coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
2. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
3. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
4. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
5. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)