|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
2. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
(a) They do not return.
(b) They are taken prisoner.
(c) They find food.
(d) They get lost for many hours.
3. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster with one eye.
(b) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(c) A monster two heads.
(d) A monster with the head of a bull.
4. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
(b) His victory in Troy.
(c) His disastrous journey.
(d) His mother.
5. Who is Persephone?
(a) Morpheus's aunt.
(b) Morpheus' sister.
(c) Morpheus' wife.
(d) Morpheus' daughter.
6. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
7. What animals are outside the island's castle?
(a) Horses and Zebras.
(b) Wolves and lions.
(c) Stags and foxes.
(d) Goats and sheep.
8. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
9. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Live goats.
(b) Fellow cyclopses.
(d) Human flesh.
10. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of Crete.
(b) The Island of the Dawn.
(c) The Island of Rhodes.
(d) The Island of the Winds.
11. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men fall asleep.
(b) The men draw their swords.
(c) The men panic.
(d) The men become ill.
12. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
13. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
(c) Wild pig.
14. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' enemy.
(b) Morpheus' servant.
(c) Morpheus' brother.
(d) Morpheus' father.
15. Who is Circe?
(a) A naiad.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A sorceress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
2. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
3. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
4. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
5. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)