|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
(c) Goat meat.
2. What place is described as the land where Morpheus plays?
3. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men panic.
(b) The men become ill.
(c) The men draw their swords.
(d) The men fall asleep.
4. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
(a) Have nightmares.
(b) Slip into comas.
(c) Fall asleep.
5. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
6. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' father.
(b) Morpheus' brother.
(c) Morpheus' enemy.
(d) Morpheus' servant.
7. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
8. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
(a) Steal the village's livestock.
(b) Ask the villagers to feed them.
(c) Settle at the village.
(d) Attack the village.
9. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
(a) To eat them.
(b) To enslave them.
(c) To murder them.
(d) To send them away.
10. Who is Polyphemus' father?
11. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(b) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(c) Ulysses shoots their horses.
(d) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
12. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
13. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
(a) In the hills.
(b) At the coast.
(c) By a river.
(d) In a hut.
14. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Winds.
(b) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(c) The Island of Calm.
(d) The Island of the Morning Star.
15. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
(a) Narsuisus and Echo's.
(b) Zeus and Hera's.
(c) Apollo and Daphiene's.
(d) Peleus and Thetis'.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
4. What animals are outside the island's castle?
5. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)