|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
2. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
(a) His mother.
(b) His victory in Troy.
(c) His disastrous journey.
3. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
(a) At the coast.
(b) By a river.
(c) In the hills.
(d) In a hut.
4. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Human flesh.
(b) Live goats.
(c) Fellow cyclopses.
5. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
6. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
7. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
(a) They find food.
(b) They are taken prisoner.
(c) They get lost for many hours.
(d) They do not return.
8. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(a) His sword.
9. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
10. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men panic.
(b) The men become ill.
(c) The men draw their swords.
(d) The men fall asleep.
11. Who is Circe?
(a) A naiad.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A sorceress.
12. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(b) One hundred.
13. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
14. What place is described as the land where Morpheus plays?
15. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
(a) A potion.
(b) A flower.
(c) A powder.
(d) An amulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hypnos?
2. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
3. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
4. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
5. Who is Morpheus?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)