|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
(d) Throwing rocks.
2. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) The most powerful of the Goddesses.
(b) The smartest of the Goddesses.
(c) The most popular of the Goddesses.
(d) The fairest of the Goddesses.
3. What do the sailors aboard Ulysses' ship begin to suspect about the bag of winds?
(a) That it is bad luck.
(b) That it contains treasure.
(c) That it is empty.
(d) That it has cast a spell on Ulysses.
4. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Olympians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Homerics.
5. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
6. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
7. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
8. In Section 6, what does Ulysses send one of his men to climb in order to scout out the island?
(a) A hill.
(b) A rock formation.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cliff.
9. Who is Morpheus?
(a) The god of dreams.
(b) The god of slumber.
(c) The god of the south wind.
(d) The god of the soul.
10. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(b) From tales of the Trojan war.
(c) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(d) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
11. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
(a) They do not return.
(b) They find food.
(c) They are taken prisoner.
(d) They get lost for many hours.
12. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(b) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
(c) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(d) Aeolus has no more magic left.
13. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
14. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' father.
(b) Morpheus' enemy.
(c) Morpheus' servant.
(d) Morpheus' brother.
15. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(a) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
2. What is referred to as "a little death" by Hypnos?
3. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
4. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
5. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)