|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
2. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
(b) The sentries.
(d) A villager.
3. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
4. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
(a) As lush.
(b) As bright.
(c) As soft.
(d) As hairy.
5. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
(a) A storm.
(b) A gale.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A whirlpool.
6. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
7. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
(a) The Trojan war.
(b) The Elysian Fields.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) Athene, who warns him of danger.
8. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
9. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
(a) A moby flower.
(b) A hellebore flower.
(c) An aconite flower.
(d) A lotus flower.
10. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
(a) Goat meat.
11. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(c) His sword.
12. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(b) One hundred.
13. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
14. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals walk upright.
(b) The animals are sickly.
(c) The animals are unfriendly.
(d) The animals have human eyes.
15. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Persephone?
2. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
3. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
4. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
5. Who is Polyphemus' father?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)