|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(b) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(c) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(d) From tales of the Trojan war.
2. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
(a) To enslave them.
(b) To eat them.
(c) To send them away.
(d) To murder them.
3. Who is Polyphemus' father?
4. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
5. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
(b) Throwing rocks.
6. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(a) His sword.
7. What is referred to as "a little death" by Hypnos?
(a) A coma.
8. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
9. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Winds.
(b) The Island of Calm.
(c) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(d) The Island of the Morning Star.
10. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
(a) Fall asleep.
(b) Have nightmares.
(d) Slip into comas.
11. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of the Dawn.
(b) The Island of Rhodes.
(c) The Island of the Winds.
(d) The Island of Crete.
12. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) The fairest of the Goddesses.
(b) The most powerful of the Goddesses.
(c) The smartest of the Goddesses.
(d) The most popular of the Goddesses.
13. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
14. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' brother.
(b) Morpheus' father.
(c) Morpheus' enemy.
(d) Morpheus' servant.
15. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
2. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
3. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
4. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
5. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)