|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 6, what does Ulysses send one of his men to climb in order to scout out the island?
(a) A hill.
(b) A cliff.
(c) A tree.
(d) A rock formation.
2. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a town square.
(b) Within a jungle.
(c) On the shore.
(d) In a field.
3. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
4. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Morning Star.
(b) The Island of the Winds.
(c) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(d) The Island of Calm.
5. Who is Polyphemus' father?
6. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
7. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(b) Ulysses shoots their horses.
(c) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(d) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
8. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
9. Who is Circe?
(a) A naiad.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A sorceress.
(d) A mermaid.
10. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Olympians.
(d) The Homerics.
11. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A wild pig.
(d) A stag.
12. What place is described as the land where Morpheus plays?
13. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
14. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
15. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a hut.
(c) Within a ditch.
(d) By a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
2. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
3. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
4. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
5. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)