|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Circe?
(a) A sorceress.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A naiad.
2. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
(a) A wild pig.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A stag.
(d) A horse.
3. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals walk upright.
(b) The animals are sickly.
(c) The animals have human eyes.
(d) The animals are unfriendly.
4. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
(a) As lush.
(b) As hairy.
(c) As bright.
(d) As soft.
5. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
(a) The sentries.
(c) A villager.
6. How many ships are destroyed by the giants?
7. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
(a) A gale.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A storm.
8. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Fellow cyclopses.
(c) Live goats.
(d) Human flesh.
9. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
(a) His wife and son.
(b) The Trojan war.
(c) Athene, who warns him of danger.
(d) The Elysian Fields.
10. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' servant.
(b) Morpheus' brother.
(c) Morpheus' enemy.
(d) Morpheus' father.
11. In Section 6, what does Ulysses send one of his men to climb in order to scout out the island?
(a) A rock formation.
(b) A tree.
(c) A hill.
(d) A cliff.
12. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(c) One hundred.
13. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
14. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
15. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(c) A great wall.
(d) A village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
2. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
4. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
5. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)