|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
(a) By a river.
(b) Within a ditch.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a hut.
2. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(b) One hundred.
3. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
4. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(b) The Island of the Morning Star.
(c) The Island of Calm.
(d) The Island of the Winds.
5. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
(a) A moby flower.
(b) A lotus flower.
(c) An aconite flower.
(d) A hellebore flower.
6. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
7. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
8. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
(a) Peleus and Thetis'.
(b) Zeus and Hera's.
(c) Narsuisus and Echo's.
(d) Apollo and Daphiene's.
9. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
10. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
(a) A wild pig.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A stag.
(d) A horse.
11. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(a) A village.
(c) A great wall.
12. Who is Morpheus?
(a) The god of the soul.
(b) The god of dreams.
(c) The god of slumber.
(d) The god of the south wind.
13. Who is Polyphemus' father?
14. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
(a) Slip into comas.
(c) Fall asleep.
(d) Have nightmares.
15. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
(b) Barrels of wine.
(c) Treasures from Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
2. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
3. What do the sailors aboard Ulysses' ship begin to suspect about the bag of winds?
4. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
5. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)