|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Morpheus?
(a) The god of slumber.
(b) The god of the south wind.
(c) The god of the soul.
(d) The god of dreams.
2. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
(a) Treasures from Troy.
(b) Barrels of wine.
3. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
(a) A stag.
(b) A wild pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A rabbit.
4. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(b) A great wall.
(d) A village.
5. What animals are outside the island's castle?
(a) Goats and sheep.
(b) Stags and foxes.
(c) Horses and Zebras.
(d) Wolves and lions.
6. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
7. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
8. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
(d) Throwing rocks.
9. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
10. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
11. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
12. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
(a) His wife and son.
(b) The Elysian Fields.
(c) Athene, who warns him of danger.
(d) The Trojan war.
13. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
(a) Attack the village.
(b) Settle at the village.
(c) Steal the village's livestock.
(d) Ask the villagers to feed them.
14. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of the Dawn.
(b) The Island of Crete.
(c) The Island of Rhodes.
(d) The Island of the Winds.
15. What is referred to as "a little death" by Hypnos?
(b) A coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
2. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
3. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
4. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
5. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)