|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
(a) His men.
(c) Golden treasure.
(d) Barrels of wine.
2. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
3. Who does Ulysses decree will be captain should anything happen to him?
4. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
5. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Live goats.
(c) Human flesh.
(d) Fellow cyclopses.
6. What animals are outside the island's castle?
(a) Horses and Zebras.
(b) Wolves and lions.
(c) Goats and sheep.
(d) Stags and foxes.
7. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) The smartest of the Goddesses.
(b) The most powerful of the Goddesses.
(c) The most popular of the Goddesses.
(d) The fairest of the Goddesses.
8. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
(a) The Circonians.
(b) The Harmonians.
(c) The Cyclopses.
(d) The Tartarans.
9. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
(a) Morpheus makes their dreams never ending.
(b) Morpheus turns their nightmares to sweet dreams.
(c) Morpheus turns their sweet dreams into nightmares.
(d) Morpheus appears in their dreams to give them information.
10. Who is Polyphemus' father?
11. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
(a) His victory in Troy.
(c) His mother.
(d) His disastrous journey.
12. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
13. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
14. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(d) His sword.
15. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Olympians.
(c) The Homerics.
(d) The Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
4. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
5. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)