|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
(a) By a river.
(b) Within a ditch.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a hut.
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(d) One hundred.
4. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) A storm.
(d) A gale.
5. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
6. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
7. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
8. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(b) A village.
(c) A great wall.
9. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
10. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
11. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(b) The Island of the Winds.
(c) The Island of the Morning Star.
(d) The Island of Calm.
12. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals have human eyes.
(b) The animals are unfriendly.
(c) The animals walk upright.
(d) The animals are sickly.
13. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' servant.
(b) Morpheus' enemy.
(c) Morpheus' father.
(d) Morpheus' brother.
14. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
(a) A lotus flower.
(b) A hellebore flower.
(c) An aconite flower.
(d) A moby flower.
15. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
(a) Zeus and Hera's.
(b) Narsuisus and Echo's.
(c) Apollo and Daphiene's.
(d) Peleus and Thetis'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
2. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
3. What place is described as the land where Morpheus plays?
4. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
5. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)