|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
(a) A gift.
(b) A story.
(c) A song.
(d) A sacrifice.
2. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(c) One hundred.
3. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A stag.
(b) A fox.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An eagle.
4. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
5. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
6. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
7. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
8. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
(a) To send them away.
(b) To murder them.
(c) To eat them.
(d) To enslave them.
9. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
(a) Have nightmares.
(b) Slip into comas.
(d) Fall asleep.
10. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
11. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
12. What does Ulysses dream of in Libya?
(a) His victory in Troy.
(c) His disastrous journey.
(d) His mother.
13. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(a) A village.
(b) A great wall.
14. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
15. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hypnos?
2. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
3. How many ships are destroyed by the giants?
4. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
5. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)