|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a field.
(b) On the shore.
(c) Within a jungle.
(d) In a town square.
2. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of the Dawn.
(b) The Island of Rhodes.
(c) The Island of Crete.
(d) The Island of the Winds.
3. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
4. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
(b) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(c) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
(d) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
5. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
6. Who is Polyphemus' father?
7. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
(b) Wild pig.
8. How is the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6 described?
9. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
10. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(a) His sword.
11. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
12. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A story.
(c) A gift.
(d) A song.
13. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men fall asleep.
(b) The men panic.
(c) The men draw their swords.
(d) The men become ill.
14. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
(b) Throwing rocks.
15. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
(a) As lush.
(b) As bright.
(c) As hairy.
(d) As soft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
2. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
3. Who is Hypnos?
4. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
5. Who is Circe?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)