|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15, The Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charybdis anger Zeus?
(a) By falling in love with a mortal.
(b) By spurning Zeus' affections.
(c) By insulting Hera.
(d) By claiming land for her father.
2. What is Ulysses tricked into believing his men are eating in Section 11?
(c) Wild pig.
3. What does Ulysses hold on to after Poseidon destroys his ship in Section 13?
(a) A plank.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A railing.
(d) A barrel.
4. What place is described as the land where Morpheus plays?
5. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(c) North by Northwest.
(d) South by Southeast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
2. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
3. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
4. What is Thrinacia also known as?
5. What form does the monster Charybdis take?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)