|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15, The Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(b) South by Southeast.
(d) North by Northwest.
2. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That the gods will help him from now on.
(b) That he will soon be home.
(c) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
(d) That he will find more provisions for his men.
3. Where does Ulysses hide his treasures upon landing in Ithaca in Section 15?
(a) Buried in a sack.
(b) Under a boulder.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) In a cave.
4. What do Ulysses' men block their ears with to sail thought the strait of the Sirens?
(a) Tree sap.
5. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Thirty days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
2. What form does the monster Charybdis take?
3. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
4. To where does Circe tell Ulysses he must travel?
5. Who is Teiresias?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)