|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15, The Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ulysses instructed to return Ino's veil to her?
(a) Take it to Mount Olympus.
(b) Send it back to her with a gull.
(c) Throw it back into the water.
(d) Ulysses is told not to return it.
2. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
(a) To choose a husband.
(b) To choose a wife for her son.
(c) To give up her fortune.
(d) To leave her castle.
3. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
4. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of Calm.
(b) The Island of the Winds.
(c) The Island of the Morning Star.
(d) The Island of the Racing Sun.
5. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(b) Live goats.
(c) Fellow cyclopses.
(d) Human flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Eumaeus in Section 15, where is Telemachus?
2. Who is Eumaeus?
3. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
4. Why do Nausicaa's parents lose patience with her?
5. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)