|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15, The Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Persephone provide for Morpheus to give humans?
2. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
(a) The River Styx.
(b) The strait of the Sirens.
(c) A passage to Ithaca.
3. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
4. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
(a) Morpheus turns their sweet dreams into nightmares.
(b) Morpheus makes their dreams never ending.
(c) Morpheus appears in their dreams to give them information.
(d) Morpheus turns their nightmares to sweet dreams.
5. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
(a) Geographical obstacles.
(d) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poseidon call up when he sees Ulysses at sea in Section 13?
2. What is the Cyclops?
3. What law does Queen Arete warn her husband against breaking by sacrificing Ulysses?
4. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
5. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)