|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
2. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the south sea.
(b) Sailing to the east.
(c) Docking at an island.
(d) Sailing to the north.
3. What does the god Ulysses meets give him in order to resist Circe's spell?
(a) A flower.
(b) A potion.
(c) A powder.
(d) An amulet.
4. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(b) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(c) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(d) Ulysses shoots their horses.
5. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
(a) The Island of the Racing Sun.
(b) The Island of the Winds.
(c) The Island of the Morning Star.
(d) The Island of Calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. What insect does the monster Scylla resemble?
4. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
5. How is Ulysses' ship driven through the strait of the Sirens?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)