|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charybdis anger Zeus?
(a) By insulting Hera.
(b) By falling in love with a mortal.
(c) By claiming land for her father.
(d) By spurning Zeus' affections.
2. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
(b) The sentries.
(c) A villager.
3. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' enemy.
(b) Morpheus' brother.
(c) Morpheus' servant.
(d) Morpheus' father.
4. What destroys Ulysses' ship as it sails away from Thrinacia?
(a) The west wind.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A whirlpool.
5. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
(b) Being held captive.
(c) Lost at sea.
(d) Suffering illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kidnapped by Paris?
2. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
3. Who devises a plan to hide soldiers within a giant wooden horse?
4. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
5. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)