|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors aboard Ulysses' ship begin to suspect about the bag of winds?
(a) That it is bad luck.
(b) That it has cast a spell on Ulysses.
(c) That it is empty.
(d) That it contains treasure.
2. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
(a) A lotus flower.
(b) An aconite flower.
(c) A hellebore flower.
(d) A moby flower.
3. Where does Ulysses believe he is when he awakes in Section 12?
(b) In the Elysian Fields.
4. What bird do the Hellenes follow from their ship in Section 8?
(a) A dove.
(b) A gull.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
5. What insect does the monster Scylla resemble?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A moth.
(c) A centipede.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are sent out to scout the island in Section 6?
2. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
3. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
4. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
5. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)