|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hypnos?
(a) Morpheus' enemy.
(b) Morpheus' servant.
(c) Morpheus' brother.
(d) Morpheus' father.
2. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(b) From tales of the Trojan war.
(c) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(d) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
3. What place is described as the land where Morpheus plays?
4. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
(a) As lush.
(b) As hairy.
(c) As bright.
(d) As soft.
5. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
(a) The Elysian Fields.
(b) Athene, who warns him of danger.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) The Trojan war.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
2. What fruit does Eris bring with her to the wedding she attends uninvited?
3. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
4. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
5. What bird do the Hellenes follow from their ship in Section 8?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)