|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A stag.
(d) A fox.
2. Who is Morpheus?
(a) The god of slumber.
(b) The god of dreams.
(c) The god of the south wind.
(d) The god of the soul.
3. To where does Circe tell Ulysses he must travel?
4. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
(a) Being held captive.
(b) Lost at sea.
(d) Suffering illness.
5. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(b) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(c) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
(d) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
2. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
3. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
4. What is referred to as "a little death" by Hypnos?
5. Who besides Ulysses survives the destruction of the ship?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)