|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(b) North by Northwest.
(c) South by Southeast.
2. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
3. What does Ulysses send to Ithaca in Section 12 to bring him a report about his wife and son?
(a) A crow.
(b) A dove.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A gull.
4. What destroys Ulysses' ship as it sails away from Thrinacia?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A storm.
(c) A whirlpool.
(d) The west wind.
5. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
2. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
3. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
4. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
5. What does Ulysses awake upon in Section 12?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)