|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
2. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
3. What are the Hellenes instructed not to eat by Teiresias?
(a) Hyperion's golden cattle.
(b) Fish from Poseidon's ocean.
(c) Fruit offered by maidens.
(d) Wild pigs.
4. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) From tales of the Trojan war.
(b) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(c) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(d) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
5. What insect does the monster Scylla resemble?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A moth.
(c) A spider.
(d) A centipede.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hypnos?
2. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
3. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
4. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
5. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)