|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morpheus interfere with the Hellenes' dreams?
(a) Morpheus makes their dreams never ending.
(b) Morpheus appears in their dreams to give them information.
(c) Morpheus turns their sweet dreams into nightmares.
(d) Morpheus turns their nightmares to sweet dreams.
2. Who warns Ulysses in Section 8 that he will encounter the Sirens?
3. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
(a) The Cyclops monsters.
(b) The monster Charybdis.
(c) The monster Scylla.
(d) The monster cyberus.
4. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) Green things.
(b) Black things.
(c) Brown things.
(d) White things.
5. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
(a) Their voices.
(b) Their appearances.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wedding does Eris attend uninvited?
2. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
3. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
4. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
5. What happens to the men Ulysses sends to scout out the island in Section 6?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)