|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
2. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Homerics.
(d) The Olympians.
3. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
(a) That he will be betrayed by those he trusts.
(b) That he will be blinded.
(c) That he will die at sea.
(d) That he will wander many years before returning home.
4. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(d) One hundred.
5. Who is Aeolus?
(a) Poseidon's son.
(b) Athene's son.
(c) Ares' son.
(d) Zeus' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
2. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
3. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
4. What do Ulysses' men block their ears with to sail thought the strait of the Sirens?
5. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)