|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
(a) Ask the villagers to feed them.
(b) Steal the village's livestock.
(c) Attack the village.
(d) Settle at the village.
2. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(b) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(c) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
(d) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
3. What is referred to as "a little death" by Hypnos?
(d) A coma.
4. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
5. What does Ulysses use to attack the giants?
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
2. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
3. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
4. What is the first giant that Ulysses encounters doing?
5. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)