|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
2. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
(b) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(c) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(d) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
3. What do the giants want with Ulysses' men?
(a) To eat them.
(b) To enslave them.
(c) To murder them.
(d) To send them away.
4. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That the gods will help him from now on.
(b) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
(c) That he will soon be home.
(d) That he will find more provisions for his men.
5. What do Ulysses' men block their ears with to sail thought the strait of the Sirens?
(c) Tree sap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
2. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
3. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
4. What does the flower Persephone makes cause people to do?
5. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)