|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Hellenes instructed not to eat by Teiresias?
(a) Wild pigs.
(b) Hyperion's golden cattle.
(c) Fruit offered by maidens.
(d) Fish from Poseidon's ocean.
2. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(b) A village.
(d) A great wall.
3. How many ships does Ulysses bring the shore of the island in Section 6?
4. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A stag.
(d) A fox.
5. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
(b) Lost at sea.
(c) Suffering illness.
(d) Being held captive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does Circe's spell turn Ulysses' men?
2. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
3. What strange noise does Ulysses hear in Section 9?
4. What insect does the monster Scylla resemble?
5. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)