|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men draw their swords.
(b) The men panic.
(c) The men fall asleep.
(d) The men become ill.
2. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
3. What is Thrinacia also known as?
(a) The Isle of Fire.
(b) The Isle of Dawn.
(c) The Isle of the Sun.
(d) The Isle of Dragons.
4. What is unique about the rocks that Ulysses' ship encounters in Section 9?
(a) The rocks float.
(b) The rocks are liquid.
(c) The rocks glow.
(d) The rocks fly.
5. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Docking at an island.
(b) Sailing to the north.
(c) Sailing to the east.
(d) Sailing to the south sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
2. Where do the Hellenes attempt to sail directly to following Ulysses' order?
3. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
4. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
5. Who is Aeolus?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)