|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thrinacia also known as?
(a) The Isle of Dawn.
(b) The Isle of the Sun.
(c) The Isle of Fire.
(d) The Isle of Dragons.
2. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(b) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(c) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(d) Ulysses shoots their horses.
3. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(b) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
(c) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(d) The Gods detest Ulysses.
4. What do Ulysses' men block their ears with to sail thought the strait of the Sirens?
(b) Tree sap.
5. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(b) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(c) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
(d) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
2. What God is angered by the defeat of Troy?
3. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
4. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
5. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)