|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Sirens & Scylla and Charybdis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Polyphemus' father?
2. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
3. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
4. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
(a) As hairy.
(b) As soft.
(c) As bright.
(d) As lush.
5. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(b) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(c) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(d) Ulysses shoots their horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
2. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
3. What does the physical appearance of the Sirens cause Ulysses' men to do?
4. Where do the Hellenes attempt to sail directly to following Ulysses' order?
5. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)