|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Circe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(a) Foggy and cold.
(c) A flat barren plain.
(d) Covered in thick jungle.
2. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(b) A monster with the head of a bull.
(c) A monster two heads.
(d) A monster with one eye.
3. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses shoots their horses.
(b) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(c) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
(d) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
4. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
5. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Ithaca.
(b) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
(c) Back to Troy.
(d) Back to Polymetheus' island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
2. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
3. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
4. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
5. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)