|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, Cannibal Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(b) From tales of the Trojan war.
(c) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(d) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
2. What kind of flower does Morpheus convince Persephone to make?
(a) A moby flower.
(b) A lotus flower.
(c) A hellebore flower.
(d) An aconite flower.
3. What does Ulysses order his men to do when he discovers the giant?
(a) Return to the ships.
(b) Hide within the foliage.
(c) Kill the giant.
(d) Build a large bonfire.
4. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
(b) One hundred.
5. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
(a) Athene, who warns him of danger.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) The Trojan war.
(d) The Elysian Fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
2. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
3. To whom does Eris intend to award the fruit at the wedding she attends uninvited?
4. How many ships are destroyed by the giants?
5. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)