|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, Cannibal Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
(a) Golden treasure.
(b) Barrels of wine.
(d) His men.
2. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(b) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
(c) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(d) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
3. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
(a) Athene, who warns him of danger.
(b) The Elysian Fields.
(c) The Trojan war.
(d) His wife and son.
4. Who bribes Paris by promising him any woman he desires?
5. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men become ill.
(b) The men panic.
(c) The men fall asleep.
(d) The men draw their swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
2. Who is Persephone?
3. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
4. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
5. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)