|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, Cannibal Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defeats Troy in an invasion?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Olympians.
(d) The Homerics.
2. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
3. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(b) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(c) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(d) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
4. In Section 3, what does Ulysses carry to his ship even though he is tired?
(a) Golden treasure.
(b) Barrels of wine.
(d) His men.
5. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(a) A flat barren plain.
(b) Foggy and cold.
(d) Covered in thick jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
2. How many ships are destroyed by the giants?
3. Who is Polyphemus' father?
4. What is the name of the island Ulysses lands on in Section 6?
5. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)