|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Cyclops' Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulysses do to stop the attacking villagers from following his men?
(a) Ulysses shoots their horses.
(b) Ulysses causes a rockslide.
(c) Ulysses sets dried grass on fire.
(d) Ulysses leads the villagers in another direction.
2. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
(b) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(c) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
(d) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
3. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
(a) In a field.
(b) In a town square.
(c) On the shore.
(d) Within a jungle.
4. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(a) A flat barren plain.
(c) Covered in thick jungle.
(d) Foggy and cold.
5. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. With how many ships does Ulysses set sail?
2. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
4. How many men are in each of Ulysses' ships?
5. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)