|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13, Ino's Veil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys Ulysses' ship as it sails away from Thrinacia?
(a) A storm.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) The west wind.
2. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
3. In Section 11, who suggests Ullyses' men should eat the sun-cattle?
(d) Athene, in a dream.
4. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(b) Live goats.
(c) Fellow cyclopses.
(d) Human flesh.
5. What animals are sacrificed so that Ulysses may talk to the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Poseidon been vacationing?
2. What do the Sirens enchant men with?
3. Who is Polyphemus' father?
4. How is the foliage of the tree Ulysses climbs described?
5. Which god tells Zeus that Poseidon's treatment of Ulysses is unjust?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)