|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13, Ino's Veil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(b) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(c) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(d) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
2. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dragonfly.
(c) A fish.
(d) An otter.
3. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
(a) To choose a husband.
(b) To give up her fortune.
(c) To leave her castle.
(d) To choose a wife for her son.
4. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
(a) Barrels of wine.
(d) Treasures from Troy.
5. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A stag.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
2. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
3. What birds does Ulysses catch by pretending to be dead?
4. What strange noise does Ulysses hear in Section 9?
5. How long are the Hellenes stuck at Thrinacia?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)