|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13, Ino's Veil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the south sea.
(b) Docking at an island.
(c) Sailing to the north.
(d) Sailing to the east.
2. What fruit does Eris bring with her to the wedding she attends uninvited?
(a) A pear.
(b) A lemon.
(c) An apple.
(d) A passion fruit.
3. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
(b) Goat meat.
4. What destroys Ulysses' ship as it sails away from Thrinacia?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) The west wind.
5. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
(b) Geographical obstacles.
(c) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
2. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
3. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
4. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
5. What does Calypso say Ulysses is in time for when waking up in Ogygia the second time?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)