|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13, Ino's Veil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant does Ulysses rest amongst after reaching land in Section 13?
2. What was Charybdis before she angered Zeus?
(a) A sorceress.
(b) A human girl.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A naiad.
3. What stops the Hellenes from leaving Thrinacia?
(a) A storm.
(c) A sleeping spell.
(d) Damage to their ship.
4. Why does Ino offer to help Ulysses in Section 13?
(a) Ino expects a favor in return for her help.
(b) Ino loves humans.
(c) Ino hates Poseidon.
(d) Ino respects Ulysses for his heroics in the Trojan war.
5. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What special ability does Calypso have?
2. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
3. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
4. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
5. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)