|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Keeper of the Winds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ulysses' ships carry in their cargo holds instead of food?
(a) Barrels of wine.
(c) Treasures from Troy.
2. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
(a) That he will be betrayed by those he trusts.
(b) That he will be blinded.
(c) That he will wander many years before returning home.
(d) That he will die at sea.
3. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(b) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(c) From tales of the Trojan war.
(d) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
4. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster with the head of a bull.
(b) A monster two heads.
(c) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(d) A monster with one eye.
5. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of the Dawn.
(b) The Island of Rhodes.
(c) The Island of Crete.
(d) The Island of the Winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Morpheus?
2. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
3. Where do Ulysses' men sleep in Libya?
4. What is attracted to the treasures unloaded from the ships in the Greek's retreat?
5. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)