|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals are outside the island's castle?
(a) Stags and foxes.
(b) Goats and sheep.
(c) Wolves and lions.
(d) Horses and Zebras.
2. From a distance, what does Ulysses see floating in the water in Section 9?
(a) White things.
(b) Black things.
(c) Green things.
(d) Brown things.
3. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
(b) Back to Ithaca.
(c) Back to Polymetheus' island.
(d) Back to Troy.
4. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
(b) A great wall.
(c) A village.
5. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Cyclops?
2. Where do the Hellenes attempt to sail directly to following Ulysses' order?
3. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
4. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
5. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)