|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction is Ulysses forced to sail due to the rocks in Section 9?
(a) North by Northwest.
(b) South by Southeast.
2. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals are sickly.
(b) The animals are unfriendly.
(c) The animals have human eyes.
(d) The animals walk upright.
3. How does the color of the sky affect Ulysses' mood in Section 9?
(a) Ulysses' spirits are lifted.
(b) Ulysses becomes fearful.
(c) Ulysses' spirits are dampened.
(d) Ulysses becomes vengeful.
4. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster with the head of a bull.
(b) A monster two heads.
(c) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(d) A monster with one eye.
5. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
2. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
3. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
4. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
5. What do the sailors aboard Ulysses' ship begin to suspect about the bag of winds?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)