|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thrinacia also known as?
(a) The Isle of the Sun.
(b) The Isle of Dragons.
(c) The Isle of Dawn.
(d) The Isle of Fire.
2. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(b) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(c) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(d) From tales of the Trojan war.
3. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
4. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Ithaca.
(b) Back to Polymetheus' island.
(c) Back to Troy.
(d) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
5. What do the Cyclops monsters like to eat?
(a) Fellow cyclopses.
(b) Live goats.
(d) Human flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
2. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
3. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
4. In Section 2, who convinces Ulysses that the village is a gift from God?
5. What does Ulysses dream about in Section 5?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)