|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the color of the sky affect Ulysses' mood in Section 9?
(a) Ulysses' spirits are dampened.
(b) Ulysses' spirits are lifted.
(c) Ulysses becomes vengeful.
(d) Ulysses becomes fearful.
2. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
(a) Attack the village.
(b) Ask the villagers to feed them.
(c) Steal the village's livestock.
(d) Settle at the village.
3. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
(a) The men become ill.
(b) The men fall asleep.
(c) The men panic.
(d) The men draw their swords.
4. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
5. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(b) The Gods detest Ulysses.
(c) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(d) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
2. Which god does Ulysses meet as he travels to the castle?
3. Into what animal does Circe say she would turn Ulysses?
4. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
5. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)