|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What island do Ulysses and his men land at in Section 5?
(a) The Island of the Winds.
(b) The Island of the Dawn.
(c) The Island of Rhodes.
(d) The Island of Crete.
2. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
3. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
4. Who is Circe?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) A naiad.
(d) A goddess.
5. What do Ulysses' men notice about the animals at the castle?
(a) The animals have human eyes.
(b) The animals walk upright.
(c) The animals are sickly.
(d) The animals are unfriendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the Greeks sacrifice to the Gods?
2. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
3. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
4. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
5. Who offers himself as a sacrifice to appease the Gods in Section 2?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)