|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
(a) By a river.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Within a ditch.
(d) In a hut.
2. How many days does Ulysses guard the bag of winds without sleeping?
3. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
4. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
(a) Back to Ithaca.
(b) Back to Polymetheus' island.
(c) Back to Aeolus' fortress.
(d) Back to Troy.
5. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(b) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
(c) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(d) From tales of the Trojan war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals are outside the island's castle?
2. What happens when Ulysses' ship is sucked in at the gate of the wall?
3. What does Aeolus ask Ulysses for when he greets him on the island?
4. Who is Polyphemus' father?
5. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)