|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors aboard Ulysses' ship begin to suspect about the bag of winds?
(a) That it is bad luck.
(b) That it has cast a spell on Ulysses.
(c) That it contains treasure.
(d) That it is empty.
2. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
(a) The Tartarans.
(b) The Circonians.
(c) The Harmonians.
(d) The Cyclopses.
4. Where do the villagers gather to organize an attack on the Hellenes?
(a) By a river.
(b) In the hills.
(c) At the coast.
(d) In a hut.
5. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
(a) That the gods will help him from now on.
(b) That he will find more provisions for his men.
(c) That he can avoid the tragedies he has been warned about.
(d) That he will soon be home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Aeolus dislike?
2. How does the color of the sky affect Ulysses' mood in Section 9?
3. What does Ulysses see from atop a tree in Section 7?
4. What color are the skies in Section 9?
5. Who is Polyphemus' father?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)