|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A horse.
(c) A stag.
(d) A wild pig.
2. Where do the Hellenes attempt to sail directly to following Ulysses' order?
3. What do the rocks in Section 9 prevent Ulysses and his crew from doing?
(a) Sailing to the south sea.
(b) Docking at an island.
(c) Sailing to the north.
(d) Sailing to the east.
4. How does Aeolus recognize Ulysses' name?
(a) From tales Aeolus has heard from his father.
(b) From tales of the Trojan war.
(c) The gods have warned Aeolus about Ulysses.
(d) Ulysses and Aeolus have met before.
5. What do Ulysses' men want to do when they spot a small village on an island in Section 2?
(a) Steal the village's livestock.
(b) Settle at the village.
(c) Ask the villagers to feed them.
(d) Attack the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses know he will encounter by heading toward Thrinacia?
2. After leaving the Island with the giants, which direction do Ulysses and his men sail?
3. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
4. What direction do Ulysses' ships sail in Section 5?
5. What is unique about the rocks that Ulysses' ship encounters in Section 9?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)