|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Wandering Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
2. Why can Aeolus not grant Ulysses a second favor?
(a) Ulysses broke his promise to Aeolus.
(b) Aeolus does not trust Ulysses' men.
(c) Aeolus has no more magic left.
(d) The Gods detest Ulysses.
3. How many Greeks from each ship are killed when the villagers in Section 2 are attacking?
4. In Section 2, who warns the Hellenes that an attack in coming?
(b) A villager.
(c) The sentries.
5. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
(b) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(c) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
(d) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange noise does Ulysses hear in Section 9?
2. What is Ulysses hopeful of as he and his men sail away from Tartarus?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
4. What animal does Ulysses kill to eat in Section 7?
5. What does Aeolus send to set Ulysses' ships off course?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)