|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird do the Hellenes follow from their ship in Section 8?
(a) A gull.
(b) A dove.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A crow.
2. What is the Cyclops?
(a) A monster with the head of a bull.
(b) A monster with hair made of serpents.
(c) A monster with one eye.
(d) A monster two heads.
3. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
(a) A fish.
(b) A dragonfly.
(c) An otter.
(d) A bird.
4. What special ability does Calypso have?
(a) Calypso can communicate telepathically.
(b) Calypso can control peoples' minds.
(c) Calypso can control the tides.
(d) Calypso can see the past and future.
5. What animals are sacrificed so that Ulysses may talk to the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ulysses believe he is when he awakes in Section 12?
2. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
3. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
4. Where does Pulyphemus trap the Hellenes?
5. What does Polyphemus pray will happen to Ulysses?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)