|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
(a) A shroud.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A rug.
(d) A cloak.
2. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
3. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
4. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses binds Polyphemus' feet.
(b) Ulysses stabs Polyphemus in the stomach.
(c) Ulysses cuts off Polyphemus' arms.
(d) Ulysses blinds Polyphemus.
5. What bird do the Hellenes follow from their ship in Section 8?
(a) A gull.
(b) A dove.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses offer to Polyphemus so that he can better enjoy his dinner?
2. What does Elpenor instruct Ulysses to avoid so that he does not lose his entire crew?
3. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
4. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
5. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)