|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
(a) A rug.
(b) A cloak.
(c) A shroud.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
3. What special ability does Calypso have?
(a) Calypso can see the past and future.
(b) Calypso can control the tides.
(c) Calypso can control peoples' minds.
(d) Calypso can communicate telepathically.
4. Who is Teiresias?
(a) A fallen soldier.
(b) A god.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A king.
5. What does Ulysses send to Ithaca in Section 12 to bring him a report about his wife and son?
(a) A gull.
(b) A dove.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction do Ulysses and his men sail at the beginning of Section 8?
2. What is the Cyclops?
3. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
4. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
5. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)