|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
(a) To give up her fortune.
(b) To choose a wife for her son.
(c) To choose a husband.
(d) To leave her castle.
2. Who is Hyperion?
(a) The God of Sleep.
(b) The Ocean-Titan.
(c) The Sun-Titan.
(d) The God of Dawn.
3. What does Calypso turn the men into who she grows bored with?
4. Through what device does Calypso watch Ulysses' journey?
(a) A magical basin.
(b) A magical tablet.
(c) A magical mirror.
(d) A magical fire.
5. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
(a) Covered in thick jungle.
(b) Foggy and cold.
(c) A flat barren plain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
2. Who is Polyphemus' father?
3. What are the Hellenes instructed not to eat by Teiresias?
4. What does Calypso say Ulysses is in time for when waking up in Ogygia the second time?
5. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)