|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Hellenes does Polyphemus eat?
2. Who is Polyphemus' father?
3. What bird do the Hellenes follow from their ship in Section 8?
(a) A dove.
(b) A gull.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
4. What demand is being made on Penelope in Ithaca?
(a) To choose a wife for her son.
(b) To give up her fortune.
(c) To choose a husband.
(d) To leave her castle.
5. Who is Hyperion?
(a) The Sun-Titan.
(b) The God of Sleep.
(c) The God of Dawn.
(d) The Ocean-Titan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Ulysses in Section 8 that he will encounter the Sirens?
2. How is Ulysses warned he would find his son upon his return home?
3. Which of his crewmembers does Ulysses accidentally kill?
4. What is Ulysses told that Penelope weaves every day?
5. Who exiled the Cyclops monsters from Olympus to live on the island?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)