|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Calypso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calypso claim to have turned Ulysses into when she saw him fall from his raft?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A fish.
(c) An otter.
(d) A bird.
2. What animal do the Hellenes hunt on the island?
(b) Wild pig.
3. What bird do the Hellenes follow from their ship in Section 8?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A gull.
(c) A dove.
(d) A crow.
4. What are the Hellenes instructed not to eat by Teiresias?
(a) Hyperion's golden cattle.
(b) Wild pigs.
(c) Fish from Poseidon's ocean.
(d) Fruit offered by maidens.
5. In Section 8, what does the sea slope and narrow to become?
(a) The River Styx.
(c) The strait of the Sirens.
(d) A passage to Ithaca.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulysses awake upon in Section 12?
2. What supply do the men run out of aboard Ulysses' ship in Section 4?
3. Which god tells Zeus that Poseidon's treatment of Ulysses is unjust?
4. What is the island that Ulysses lands his ship on in Section 4 like?
5. How does Ulysses handicap Polyphemus?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)