Section 1, Prologue & Ships and Men
• Eris attends the wedding of Peleus and Thetis uninvited.
• Eris offers an apple as an award to the fairest Goddess at the wedding.
• Aphrodite bribes the just of the contest, Paris, offering him any woman he desires.
• Paris kidnaps Helen.
• The Greeks set sail to Troy to save Helen.
• Ulysses devises a plan to hide men within a wooden horse in order to get them into Troy.
• The Greek army defeats Troy, angering Poseidon.
• Ulysses sets sail for Greece with three ships filled with treasures looted from Troy.
Section 2, The Ciconians
• On the second morning of the Greek's voyage home a small village is spotted on an island.
• Ulysses at first resists his crew's wish to attack the village, but concedes when he is convinced that the village is a gift from the gods.
• The villagers organize in the hills and...
This section contains 1,520 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)