|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(b) Stable worker.
2. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(c) Best man.
3. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
4. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(c) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
2. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
3. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
4. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you know about Sherlock Holmes from "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
2. What is Holder's niece's involvement with the stolen coronet?
3. Describe Mr. Angel's appearance at the ball.
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Isa Whitney has an embarrassing habit which she discloses to Watson. What is his embarrassing habit?
6. Who are the characters in "The Five Orange Pips"?
7. How does "The Five Orange Pips" end?
8. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery are included in "A Case of Identity"?
9. What dangerous favor does Isa Whitney ask of Watson?
10. Why do you think Doyle ends "The Five Orange Pips" with no real resolution?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)