|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
2. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(c) Angel walks with a limp.
(d) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
3. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(b) For the education of red-headed families.
(c) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(d) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
4. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
(c) Sunny and hot.
(d) Clear skies.
5. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Irene Adler.
(b) Wilma Robinson.
(c) Jane Johnson.
(d) Melanie Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
4. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
5. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "The Five Orange Pips" similar to "A Scandal in Bohemia"?
2. In "The Five Orange Pips", where are each of the letters sent from?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," Holmes goes out disguised as a drunken stable worker to Miss Adler's stable. What happens when he follows Miss Adler?
4. Describe the objective of "The Red-Headed League".
5. Describe Mr. Angel's appearance at the ball.
6. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Isa Whitney has an embarrassing habit which she discloses to Watson. What is his embarrassing habit?
7. Who are the main characters in "A Case of Identity"?
8. Who are the characters in "The Five Orange Pips"?
9. While pondering the clues of the case in "The Man with the Twisted Lip", what does Holmes do?
10. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Watson and Holmes meet up while working on separate cases. What do their two cases have in common?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)