|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Clay.
(b) Jake Jones.
(c) Jim Smith.
(d) John Warren.
2. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
3. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(b) She works as a prostitute.
(c) Her allowance from her stepfather.
(d) She is married and her husband supports her.
4. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(b) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
(c) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
(d) No, the lady takes the object with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
3. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Holmes and Watson's living situations.
2. Describe Holmes' process for solving cases.
3. Describe the mystery in "A Case of Identity".
4. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery are included in "A Case of Identity"?
5. In "The Five Orange Pips", where are each of the letters sent from?
6. Describe Mr. Angel's appearance at the ball.
7. What is Holmes' plan to recover the picture in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
8. In "The Red-Headed League", why does Holmes want to look at Spaulding's knees?
9. While pondering the clues of the case in "The Man with the Twisted Lip", what does Holmes do?
10. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes determine who the killer is?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)