|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Make him confess his guilt.
(b) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(c) Turn him over to the police.
(d) Let him go free.
2. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A picture.
(b) A letter.
(c) Incriminating evidence.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
3. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Having breakfast with his wife.
(b) On vacation with his wife.
(c) Seeing a patient.
(d) Researching in his library.
4. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Kate Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
3. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
5. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", why does St. Clair disguise himself as Boone?
2. How does "The Five Orange Pips" end?
3. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery are included in "A Case of Identity"?
4. Describe the mystery in "A Case of Identity".
5. Who are the characters in "The Five Orange Pips"?
6. How does Miss Sutherland come into a large sum of money in "A Case of Identity?"
7. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes determine who the killer is?
8. In "A Case of Identity", what does Holmes decide to do with the information he has found on Turner?
9. Doyle typically uses a character from a foreign land in his stories. Describe how he uses this in "The Five Orange Pips".
10. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," Holmes goes out disguised as a drunken stable worker to Miss Adler's stable. What happens when he follows Miss Adler?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)