|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
(a) On his wedding day.
(b) At the funeral.
(c) On Christmas morning.
(d) On election day.
2. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(a) Kate Whitney.
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
4. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to run out of town.
(b) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(c) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(d) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
3. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
4. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
5. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the characters in "The Five Orange Pips"?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Watson and Holmes meet up while working on separate cases. What do their two cases have in common?
3. Describe the advertisement "The Red-Headed League" places in the newspaper.
4. What is Holmes' plan to recover the picture in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", why does St. Clair disguise himself as Boone?
6. Describe Mr. Angel's appearance at the ball.
7. How does "The Five Orange Pips" end?
8. What does Peter Jones think of Holmes detective work in "The Red-Headed League"?
9. What are Wilson's job duties for "The Red-Headed League"?
10. As "A Case of Identity" begins, what are Watson and Holmes discussing?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)