|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A riding whip.
(b) The authorities.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The brothel.
(c) The opium den.
(d) The gambling room.
3. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
4. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(b) Play the violin.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Smoke a pipe.
5. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
3. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
4. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the main characters in "A Case of Identity"?
2. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery are included in "A Case of Identity"?
3. While pondering the clues of the case in "The Man with the Twisted Lip", what does Holmes do?
4. What does Peter Jones think of Holmes detective work in "The Red-Headed League"?
5. Doyle typically uses a character from a foreign land in his stories. Describe how he uses this in "The Five Orange Pips".
6. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," Holmes goes out disguised as a drunken stable worker to Miss Adler's stable. What happens when he follows Miss Adler?
7. How does Miss Sutherland come into a large sum of money in "A Case of Identity?"
8. In "A Case of Identity", what is Turner's reaction to being the accused killer?
9. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes solve the case?
10. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes determine who the killer is?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)