|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. Windbanks.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is sunk at sea.
(b) It is attacked by pirates.
(c) It is lost at sea for three months.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
(c) Has a girlfriend.
4. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 1212A Mystery Street.
(b) 342C Butcher Street.
(c) 4235D Baker Road.
(d) 221B Baker Street.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(b) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(c) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(d) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
2. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
4. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "The Five Orange Pips" end?
2. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes determine who the killer is?
3. Describe Holmes' process for solving cases.
4. What is the case Holmes takes on in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. Who are the characters in "The Five Orange Pips"?
6. In "The Five Orange Pips", where are each of the letters sent from?
7. What dangerous favor does Isa Whitney ask of Watson?
8. Describe the mystery in "A Case of Identity".
9. How is "The Five Orange Pips" similar to "A Scandal in Bohemia"?
10. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", why does St. Clair disguise himself as Boone?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)