|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(b) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(c) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(d) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
2. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) John Turner.
(b) Detective Lestrade.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Dr. Watson.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
(a) The pub.
(b) The gambling room.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The opium den.
4. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Read and knit.
(b) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(c) Draw and sew.
(d) Listen to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
5. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes determine who the killer is?
2. What are Wilson's job duties for "The Red-Headed League"?
3. How does Miss Sutherland come into a large sum of money in "A Case of Identity?"
4. What do you know about Sherlock Holmes from "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. Describe the objective of "The Red-Headed League".
6. What is the case Holmes takes on in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
7. In "A Case of Identity", what does Holmes decide to do with the information he has found on Turner?
8. Describe the advertisement "The Red-Headed League" places in the newspaper.
9. In "A Case of Identity", why does Windbanks masquerade as Angel?
10. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Isa Whitney has an embarrassing habit which she discloses to Watson. What is his embarrassing habit?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)