|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(b) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(c) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(d) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the bank.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the gym.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to run out of town.
(b) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(c) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(d) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
4. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Play the violin.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Take a walk.
5. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
3. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
4. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you know about Sherlock Holmes from "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
2. In "The Red-Headed League", why does Holmes want to look at Spaulding's knees?
3. How is "The Five Orange Pips" similar to "A Scandal in Bohemia"?
4. Describe the objective of "The Red-Headed League".
5. As "A Case of Identity" begins, what are Watson and Holmes discussing?
6. What is Turner's motive for killing McCarthy?
7. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes solve the case?
8. In "A Case of Identity", how does Holmes determine who the killer is?
9. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Watson and Holmes meet up while working on separate cases. What do their two cases have in common?
10. What dangerous favor does Isa Whitney ask of Watson?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)