Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(b) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
(c) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
(d) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
2. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(b) Holmes becomes the new leader.
(c) It continues on with a new leader.
(d) It is dissolved.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) John Turner.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) John McCarthy.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
4. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) July 24th.
(b) May 7th.
(c) June 15th.
(d) June 3rd.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
2. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb," how does Victor escape after Stark tries to kill him?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", Isa Whitney has an embarrassing habit which she discloses to Watson. What is his embarrassing habit?
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor", what happens to the couple after their marriage ceremony?
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what happens to Julia?
5. What dangerous favor does Isa Whitney ask of Watson?
6. Describe the advertisement "The Red-Headed League" places in the newspaper.
7. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who is the man who accompanies Miss Doran to Holmes' apartment?
8. Describe the plot twist in "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet."
9. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat.
10. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," why does Holder believe his son stole the coronet?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)