|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(b) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(c) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(d) For the education of red-headed families.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Kate Whitney.
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Mrs. St. Clair.
(d) Isa Whitney.
3. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Sutherland.
(b) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is attacked by pirates.
(b) It is lost at sea for three months.
(c) It is sunk at sea.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary life.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary books.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
2. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
3. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
5. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Wilson's job duties for "The Red-Headed League"?
2. In "A Case of Identity", why does Windbanks masquerade as Angel?
3. In "A Case of Identity", what is Turner's reaction to being the accused killer?
4. Who are the characters in "The Five Orange Pips"?
5. While pondering the clues of the case in "The Man with the Twisted Lip", what does Holmes do?
6. As "A Case of Identity" begins, what are Watson and Holmes discussing?
7. In "The Red-Headed League", why does Holmes want to look at Spaulding's knees?
8. What is Holmes' plan to recover the picture in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
9. What do you know about Sherlock Holmes from "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
10. Describe Mr. Angel's appearance at the ball.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)