|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is dissolved.
(b) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(c) Holmes becomes the new leader.
(d) It continues on with a new leader.
2. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A knife.
(c) A riding whip.
(d) The authorities.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
(a) To call while Holmes is in the home.
(b) To distract the lady.
(c) To wait in the car.
(d) To throw a smoke bomb.
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is lost at sea for three months.
(b) It is sunk at sea.
(c) It is attacked by pirates.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
5. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(c) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
2. Where is Boscombe Valley?
3. What is unusual about Angel?
4. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mystery in "A Case of Identity".
2. What is Turner's motive for killing McCarthy?
3. In "A Case of Identity", why does Windbanks masquerade as Angel?
4. How does Miss Sutherland come into a large sum of money in "A Case of Identity?"
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip", why does St. Clair disguise himself as Boone?
6. What does Peter Jones think of Holmes detective work in "The Red-Headed League"?
7. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery are included in "A Case of Identity"?
8. How does "The Five Orange Pips" end?
9. In "A Case of Identity", what is Turner's reaction to being the accused killer?
10. What do you know about Sherlock Holmes from "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)