|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They meet in secret.
(b) They don't communicate.
(c) They talk by telephone.
(d) They write each other letters.
2. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) The KKK.
(d) The Big Four.
3. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) A scream and a siren.
(b) A whistling and a metal clamp.
(c) Scraping on the wall.
(d) Animal noises.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To use as a tax shelter.
(b) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(c) To court his mistress.
(d) To buy Wilson's business.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) John Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
2. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
3. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
4. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)