|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
(a) A gun.
(b) A top hat.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A diamond ring.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
3. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
(a) The stolen blue carbuncle.
(b) A stolen check.
(c) The stolen hope diamond.
(d) The stolen crown jewels.
4. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At a ball.
(b) At a library.
(c) At a pub.
(d) At Sutherland's home.
5. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
(a) Holmes puts an ad in the paper.
(b) Holmes puts a flier up on the streetcorner.
(c) Holmes goes to a goose farm.
(d) Holmes goes to a hat maker's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
4. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)