|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
(a) John and James returning from the lake.
(b) Charles and John exchanging money.
(c) Charles and James quarreling at the lake.
(d) James walking with John.
2. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
(a) Downstairs in the basement.
(b) To a friends house.
(c) On the roof.
(d) To a nearby inn.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair.
4. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Big Four.
5. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(d) Best man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
3. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
4. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)