|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is attacked by pirates.
(b) It is lost at sea for three months.
(c) It is sunk at sea.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
2. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Webster's Dictionary.
3. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is attacked by a snake.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
(a) The main character's twin sister.
(b) The main character's mother.
(c) The main character's father.
(d) The main character's brother.
5. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Windbanks.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
(d) Miss Sutherland.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
2. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
3. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
4. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
5. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)