|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To the gym.
(d) To the library.
2. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
(a) He is forced to after beating his butler to death.
(b) He is bored with the country.
(c) He misses his family back home in England.
(d) He is forced to after not paying off a gambling debt.
3. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(a) Prime Minister.
5. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) From the side.
(b) From behind.
(c) There was no fatal blow.
(d) From the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
2. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
4. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)