|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) A scream and a siren.
(b) Animal noises.
(c) A whistling and a metal clamp.
(d) Scraping on the wall.
2. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cripple and some clothes.
(c) A pistol and ammunition.
(d) A bottle of gin.
4. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(b) Stable worker.
5. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is sunk at sea.
(b) It is lost at sea for three months.
(c) It is attacked by pirates.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
4. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)