|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is in disguise.
(b) Holmes is sleeping.
(c) Holmes has a mustache.
(d) Holmes is skipping along the road.
2. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
3. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
4. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
(a) That he is intelligent.
(b) That he is stupid.
(c) That he is fat.
(d) That he is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
2. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
5. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)