|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A riding whip.
(b) A knife.
(c) The authorities.
(d) A pistol.
2. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Kate Whitney.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Merryweather.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. McCarthy.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. Windbank.
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
3. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
4. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
5. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)