|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(b) Woos her to be her lover.
(c) Breaks in.
(d) Stages a fight.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Smoke a pipe.
3. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
(b) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
(c) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(d) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Windbank.
(d) Mr. McCarthy.
5. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(b) Isa Whitney.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," how are the first and second letter similar?
3. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
4. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
5. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)