|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) For the education of red-headed families.
(b) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(c) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(d) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
2. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
(a) Clear skies.
(d) Sunny and hot.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A rat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A snake.
4. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) An blind man in his sixties.
(b) A young man in his twenties.
(c) A large old woman.
(d) A pretty young woman.
5. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) 50 pence an hour.
(b) Four pounds a week.
(c) Ten pounds a month.
(d) Three pounds a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
4. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)