|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
(a) He will lose a large sum of money.
(b) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(c) He is scared he will never see her again.
(d) He dissaproves of her fiance.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) It is a surprise guest.
(b) Holmes receives a telegram.
(c) Holmes receives a letter.
(d) Holmes receives a phone call.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
(b) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(c) No, the lady takes the object with her.
(d) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
4. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) Pictures from his past.
(b) A blank check.
(c) Five orange pips.
(d) Directions to treasure.
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Denies his involvement.
(b) Confesses to the crime.
(c) Flees the scene.
(d) Attempts to murder Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
3. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
5. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)