|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Windbanks.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
2. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) A blank check.
(b) Five orange pips.
(c) Directions to treasure.
(d) Pictures from his past.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The brothel.
(b) The pub.
(c) The opium den.
(d) The gambling room.
4. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
(a) Catherine Cusak.
(b) Ms. Irene Adler.
(c) The Countess of Morcar.
(d) Miss Sutherland.
5. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Bank president.
(b) City detective.
(c) Holmes' landlord.
(d) Hotel concierge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
2. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
3. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
4. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
5. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)