|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Lets him go free.
(b) Tells him to get out of town.
(c) Turns him over to the police.
(d) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
2. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At a ball.
(b) At a pub.
(c) At Sutherland's home.
(d) At a library.
3. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
(a) It was left on his front step.
(b) A policeman.
(d) A mysterious man in a mask.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A pistol and ammunition.
(b) A cripple and some clothes.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A bottle of gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
2. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
3. How does Elias Openshaw die?
4. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
5. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)