|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
(a) Charles and John exchanging money.
(b) James walking with John.
(c) John and James returning from the lake.
(d) Charles and James quarreling at the lake.
2. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
(b) Miss Sutherland.
(c) Mr. Windbanks.
(d) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
3. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(b) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A goose.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A picture.
(d) A wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
2. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
5. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)