|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Grotesque details.
(b) A young woman about to be married.
(c) Exotic murder weapon.
(d) Character from a foreign land.
2. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(c) Angel walks with a limp.
(d) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
3. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Irene Adler.
(b) Wilma Robinson.
(c) Melanie Smith.
(d) Jane Johnson.
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is dissolved.
(b) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(c) It continues on with a new leader.
(d) Holmes becomes the new leader.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A picture.
(b) A goose.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
2. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
3. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
4. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)