|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A letter.
(b) Incriminating evidence.
(c) A picture.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He falls and breaks his leg.
(b) He is in a car accident.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He calls off the wedding.
3. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
(a) In the piano in his house.
(b) In a goose.
(c) In his sandwhich.
(d) In his pocket.
4. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
(b) Tells him to get out of town.
(c) Turns him over to the police.
(d) Lets him go free.
5. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
2. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
3. What is unusual about Angel?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)