|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary people.
(c) Ordinary books.
(d) Ordinary life.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(b) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
4. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A picture.
(b) Incriminating evidence.
(c) A letter.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
5. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
3. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
4. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)