|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is sunk at sea.
(b) It is run aground just outside of England.
(c) It is lost at sea for three months.
(d) It is attacked by pirates.
2. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(b) Isa Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Kate Whitney.
3. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(c) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(d) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
5. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
3. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
4. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)