|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A riding whip.
(c) The authorities.
(d) A pistol.
2. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
(a) On the roof.
(b) To a nearby inn.
(c) Downstairs in the basement.
(d) To a friends house.
3. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) Pictures from his past.
(b) A blank check.
(c) Five orange pips.
(d) Directions to treasure.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he is in jail.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he left his wife.
(d) That he will never be found.
5. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A letter.
(b) Embarrassing tapes.
(c) Incriminating evidence.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," how are the first and second letter similar?
2. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
3. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
4. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
5. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)