|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) Miss Irene Adler.
(b) Miss Helen Stoner.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Miss Victoria Bentley.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
3. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
4. What does Helen mutter about before dying?
(a) An enormous spider.
(b) A rogue bat.
(c) A lost necklace.
(d) A speckled band.
5. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Jane Johnson.
(b) Irene Adler.
(c) Melanie Smith.
(d) Wilma Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
2. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
3. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
4. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)