|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 342C Butcher Street.
(b) 4235D Baker Road.
(c) 221B Baker Street.
(d) 1212A Mystery Street.
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By horse.
(d) By foot.
3. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(b) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(c) The killer is being blackmailed.
(d) The victim lied to the killer.
4. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Bank president.
(b) Holmes' landlord.
(c) City detective.
(d) Hotel concierge.
5. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
2. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
3. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
4. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
5. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)