|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A gun.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A top hat.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) Charles McCarthy.
(c) None of these.
(d) John Turner.
3. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
(b) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(c) Angel walks with a limp.
(d) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
4. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(a) The KKK.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The Big Four.
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(b) Breaks in.
(c) Woos her to be her lover.
(d) Stages a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
3. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
4. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
5. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)