|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) An atlas.
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(b) "The temptress."
(c) "The woman."
(d) "The sleuth."
3. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
(a) He is scared he will never see her again.
(b) He will lose a large sum of money.
(c) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) He dissaproves of her fiance.
4. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Stages a fight.
(b) Breaks in.
(c) Woos her to be her lover.
(d) Disguises himself as a salesman.
5. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Kate Whitney.
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
3. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
4. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)