|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(b) Turn him over to the police.
(c) Let him go free.
(d) Make him confess his guilt.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) His revolver.
(c) A knife.
3. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) Pictures from his past.
(b) A blank check.
(c) Five orange pips.
(d) Directions to treasure.
4. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(b) Best man.
5. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
(a) Post bail.
(b) Clean him up.
(c) Get him dressed.
(d) Pay his bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
2. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
3. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
5. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)