|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A picture.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A goose.
(d) A wallet.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(a) Prime Minister.
3. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) John Turner.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) Detective Lestrade.
4. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The woman."
(b) "The temptress."
(c) "The sleuth."
(d) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
5. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
(a) He is forced to after not paying off a gambling debt.
(b) He misses his family back home in England.
(c) He is forced to after beating his butler to death.
(d) He is bored with the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
2. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)