|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(c) United States.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He calls off the wedding.
(c) He falls and breaks his leg.
(d) He is in a car accident.
3. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(b) Opera singer.
4. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(b) To later use the information as a bribe.
(c) To save money on publications.
(d) To cover up a murder.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
4. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)