|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They talk by telephone.
(b) They meet in secret.
(c) They don't communicate.
(d) They write each other letters.
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The temptress."
(b) "The sleuth."
(c) "The woman."
(d) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) City detective.
(b) Bank president.
(c) Hotel concierge.
(d) Holmes' landlord.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. William Prince.
(b) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. Windbank.
5. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At a library.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At Sutherland's home.
(d) At a pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
2. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
3. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)