|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To buy Wilson's business.
(b) To use as a tax shelter.
(c) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(d) To court his mistress.
2. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Ten pounds a month.
(b) 50 pence an hour.
(c) Three pounds a day.
(d) Four pounds a week.
3. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Play the violin.
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(b) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(c) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(d) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(b) Woos her to be her lover.
(c) Breaks in.
(d) Stages a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
2. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
3. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)