|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Bank president.
(b) Holmes' landlord.
(c) Hotel concierge.
(d) City detective.
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The temptress."
(b) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(c) "The woman."
(d) "The sleuth."
3. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(b) She is married and her husband supports her.
(c) She works as a prostitute.
(d) Her allowance from her stepfather.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a letter.
(b) Holmes receives a phone call.
(c) Holmes receives a telegram.
(d) It is a surprise guest.
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(b) For the education of red-headed families.
(c) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(d) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
2. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
5. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)