|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a phone call.
(b) Holmes receives a telegram.
(c) It is a surprise guest.
(d) Holmes receives a letter.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He calls off the wedding.
(d) He falls and breaks his leg.
3. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Character from a foreign land.
(b) Grotesque details.
(c) Exotic murder weapon.
(d) A young woman about to be married.
4. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Play the violin.
5. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
(a) Hiding in the stable.
(b) She is no longer there.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) Eating in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
2. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
4. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
5. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)