|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Play the violin.
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) A flier.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The phonebook.
(d) The post office.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) His revolver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of gin.
4. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The sleuth."
(b) "The temptress."
(c) "The woman."
(d) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
5. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the gym.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
2. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)