|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A stolen book.
(c) A man beating his wife.
(d) A murder.
2. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Windbanks.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
3. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The sleuth."
(b) "The temptress."
(c) "The woman."
(d) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a telegram.
(b) Holmes receives a letter.
(c) It is a surprise guest.
(d) Holmes receives a phone call.
5. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Bank president.
(b) Hotel concierge.
(c) City detective.
(d) Holmes' landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
3. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)