|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) A flier.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The phonebook.
(d) The post office.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(b) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
3. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pistol.
(c) The authorities.
(d) A riding whip.
4. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(b) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(c) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
(d) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(b) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(c) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(d) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
2. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
3. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)