Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) A young woman about to be married.
(b) Grotesque details.
(c) Character from a foreign land.
(d) Exotic murder weapon.
2. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To later use the information as a bribe.
(b) To cover up a murder.
(c) To save money on publications.
(d) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
4. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) 100 guineas.
(b) 50 guineas.
(c) 30 schillings.
(d) 25 pounds.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
(b) Has a girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
3. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
4. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)