Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(b) Holmes becomes the new leader.
(c) It continues on with a new leader.
(d) It is dissolved.
2. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) July 24th.
(b) May 7th.
(c) June 15th.
(d) June 3rd.
3. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
(a) The brothel.
(b) The opium den.
(c) The pub.
(d) The gambling room.
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
(a) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Dr. Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
4. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)