|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(b) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
(c) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
(d) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
2. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Isa Whitney.
3. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
(b) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
(c) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(d) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
4. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They write each other letters.
(b) They talk by telephone.
(c) They don't communicate.
(d) They meet in secret.
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
3. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
5. How does Holmes know the owner of the hat's wife no longer loves him in "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)