|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Boscombe Valley?
(b) In the countryside.
(c) In the city.
(d) On an island.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(b) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(c) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(d) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
3. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Jenny Fromberg.
(b) Miss Mary Sutherland.
(c) Miss Irene Adler.
(d) Miss Jane Jones.
4. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Four pounds a week.
(b) Three pounds a day.
(c) Ten pounds a month.
(d) 50 pence an hour.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That he is intelligent.
(c) That he is old.
(d) That he is fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
3. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
4. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
5. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)