|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Having breakfast with his wife.
(b) Researching in his library.
(c) On vacation with his wife.
(d) Seeing a patient.
2. How does Holmes know the owner of the hat's wife no longer loves him in "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) The hat has not been brushed for weeks.
(b) The hat has tags on it.
(c) The hat has not been pressed for days.
(d) The hat smells of perfume.
3. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Boss and employee.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes has a mustache.
(b) Holmes is sleeping.
(c) Holmes is in disguise.
(d) Holmes is skipping along the road.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the strap?
(a) That he is cautious.
(b) That he is poor.
(c) That he is wealthy.
(d) That he has foresight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
4. What is unusual about Angel?
5. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)