|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair.
(b) His wife.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
2. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
3. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(c) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(d) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Go for a walk.
5. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(b) She works as a prostitute.
(c) Her allowance from her stepfather.
(d) She is married and her husband supports her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
4. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)