|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Kate Whitney.
2. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Having breakfast with his wife.
(b) On vacation with his wife.
(c) Researching in his library.
(d) Seeing a patient.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To talk to the detective.
(c) To see Hugh Boone.
(d) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Read and knit.
(b) Listen to music.
(c) Draw and sew.
(d) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(b) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
(c) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
(d) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
2. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
3. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
4. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
5. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)