|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
(a) James walking with John.
(b) Charles and John exchanging money.
(c) John and James returning from the lake.
(d) Charles and James quarreling at the lake.
2. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Isa Whitney.
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) City detective.
(b) Bank president.
(c) Holmes' landlord.
(d) Hotel concierge.
4. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A knife.
(b) The authorities.
(c) A riding whip.
(d) A pistol.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Isa Whitney.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
2. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
3. Where is Boscombe Valley?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
5. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)