|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Read a book.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the strap?
(a) That he is wealthy.
(b) That he is poor.
(c) That he has foresight.
(d) That he is cautious.
3. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Kate Whitney.
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To use as a tax shelter.
(b) To buy Wilson's business.
(c) To court his mistress.
(d) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
2. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)