|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(b) Webster's Dictionary.
(c) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(d) The Bible.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
(a) Makes a bribe.
(b) Makes a bet.
(c) Threatens with his fists.
(d) Asks the owner.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he will never be found.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is in jail.
(d) That he left his wife.
4. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
(a) The stolen hope diamond.
(b) A stolen check.
(c) The stolen blue carbuncle.
(d) The stolen crown jewels.
5. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Windbanks.
(b) Miss Sutherland.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Boscombe Valley?
2. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
3. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)