|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
(a) Asks the owner.
(b) Threatens with his fists.
(c) Makes a bet.
(d) Makes a bribe.
2. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Seeing a patient.
(b) Having breakfast with his wife.
(c) On vacation with his wife.
(d) Researching in his library.
3. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Warren.
(b) Jim Smith.
(c) John Clay.
(d) Jake Jones.
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is dissolved.
(b) It continues on with a new leader.
(c) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(d) Holmes becomes the new leader.
5. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The killer is being blackmailed.
(b) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(c) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(d) The victim lied to the killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
4. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)