|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Attempts to murder Holmes.
(b) Confesses to the crime.
(c) Flees the scene.
(d) Denies his involvement.
2. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A riding whip.
(c) The authorities.
(d) A knife.
3. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A stolen book.
(b) A murder.
(c) A man beating his wife.
(d) A bank robbery.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) John McCarthy.
(b) John Turner.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
2. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
3. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)