|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
2. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is dissolved.
(b) Holmes becomes the new leader.
(c) It continues on with a new leader.
(d) It is brought up on tax evasion.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair.
(b) Isa Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Kate Whitney.
4. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The phonebook.
(b) A flier.
(c) The post office.
(d) The newspaper.
5. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They write each other letters.
(b) They meet in secret.
(c) They don't communicate.
(d) They talk by telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
2. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
3. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
4. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)