|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) June 3rd.
(b) July 24th.
(c) June 15th.
(d) May 7th.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Go for a walk.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A knife.
(d) His revolver.
4. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Dr. Watson.
(b) Detective Lestrade.
(c) John Turner.
(d) James McCarthy.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(c) Mr. Windbank.
(d) Mr. McCarthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
2. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
3. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
4. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
5. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)