|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Kate Whitney.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Read a book.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
(a) James walking with John.
(b) John and James returning from the lake.
(c) Charles and James quarreling at the lake.
(d) Charles and John exchanging money.
5. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the gym.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
4. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
5. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)