|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. McCarthy.
(c) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(d) Mr. Windbank.
2. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Having breakfast with his wife.
(b) Seeing a patient.
(c) Researching in his library.
(d) On vacation with his wife.
3. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
(a) Pay his bill.
(b) Clean him up.
(c) Post bail.
(d) Get him dressed.
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Boss and employee.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
(a) It was left on his front step.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A mysterious man in a mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
2. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)