|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
(a) A post office.
(b) A pub.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A bank.
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(b) A thief.
(c) Sutherland's real father.
(d) A criminal.
3. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel walks with a limp.
(b) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(c) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
(d) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) Charles McCarthy.
(b) John McCarthy.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) John Turner.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A goose.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
2. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
3. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)