|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
(a) Ms. Irene Adler.
(b) Miss Sutherland.
(c) The Countess of Morcar.
(d) Catherine Cusak.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He falls and breaks his leg.
(b) He calls off the wedding.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is in a car accident.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(b) To buy Wilson's business.
(c) To court his mistress.
(d) To use as a tax shelter.
4. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The victim lied to the killer.
(b) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(c) The killer is being blackmailed.
(d) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To see Hugh Boone.
(b) To talk to the detective.
(c) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
(d) To apply for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
2. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
3. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)