|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Draw and sew.
(b) Listen to music.
(c) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(d) Read and knit.
2. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Flees the scene.
(b) Denies his involvement.
(c) Confesses to the crime.
(d) Attempts to murder Holmes.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes has a mustache.
(b) Holmes is sleeping.
(c) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(d) Holmes is in disguise.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) John Turner.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(b) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(c) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(d) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
3. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
4. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
5. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)