|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Play the violin.
(d) Take a walk.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(b) Holmes has a mustache.
(c) Holmes is sleeping.
(d) Holmes is in disguise.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair.
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary life.
(b) Ordinary people.
(c) Ordinary books.
(d) Ordinary dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
2. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
4. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)