|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Merryweather.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
2. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(b) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(c) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(d) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To talk to the detective.
(b) To apply for a job.
(c) To see Hugh Boone.
(d) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A cripple and some clothes.
(b) A pistol and ammunition.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
4. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)