|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
2. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) May 7th.
(b) June 3rd.
(c) July 24th.
(d) June 15th.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To see Hugh Boone.
(b) To talk to the detective.
(c) To apply for a job.
(d) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
(a) Makes a bet.
(b) Threatens with his fists.
(c) Makes a bribe.
(d) Asks the owner.
5. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Character from a foreign land.
(b) Exotic murder weapon.
(c) Grotesque details.
(d) A young woman about to be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
2. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
3. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
5. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)