|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Windbanks.
(b) Mr. Merryweather.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
2. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Seeing a patient.
(b) On vacation with his wife.
(c) Researching in his library.
(d) Having breakfast with his wife.
3. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The opium den.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The gambling room.
5. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Tells him to get out of town.
(b) Lets him go free.
(c) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
(d) Turns him over to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
3. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
4. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)