|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the bank.
(d) To the gym.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) Charles McCarthy.
(b) John Turner.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
3. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
(a) That he is intelligent.
(b) That he is old.
(c) That he is stupid.
(d) That he is fat.
4. How does Holmes know the owner of the hat's wife no longer loves him in "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) The hat has not been brushed for weeks.
(b) The hat has tags on it.
(c) The hat smells of perfume.
(d) The hat has not been pressed for days.
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A picture.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A goose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
2. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
3. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)