|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary life.
(b) Ordinary books.
(c) Ordinary dreams.
(d) Ordinary people.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(b) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(c) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(d) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cat.
(d) A snake.
4. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Sutherland.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Irene Adler.
(b) Miss Jenny Fromberg.
(c) Miss Mary Sutherland.
(d) Miss Jane Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
2. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
4. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
5. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)