|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Ten pounds a month.
(b) 50 pence an hour.
(c) Three pounds a day.
(d) Four pounds a week.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
(a) It was left on his front step.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A mysterious man in a mask.
3. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(b) McCarthy owns it.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(b) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(c) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(d) Tells him to run out of town.
5. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) His wife.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
3. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
4. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
5. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)