|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They talk by telephone.
(b) They write each other letters.
(c) They don't communicate.
(d) They meet in secret.
2. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Detective Lestrade.
(b) John Turner.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Dr. Watson.
3. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It continues on with a new leader.
(b) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(c) It is dissolved.
(d) Holmes becomes the new leader.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to run out of town.
(b) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(c) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(d) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. Windbank.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. McCarthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
2. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
4. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)