|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dunn think the information about cultures came from?
2. Why did ToghonTemur like to open relationships with the Muslims?
3. How many ships were loaded in Cambay?
4. What kind of ruler was in Mali?
5. Where did Battuta meet the Moroccan Sultan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Battuta demand before taking a position in the Maldives?
2. How was Tughluq described in this book?
3. What surprised Battuta about the Mongol leader thrones?
4. Why didn’t Battuta go to Delhi when finished with his trip to China?
5. What did Battuta find in Hangzhao?
6. Why did Battuta go back to Fez after visiting Mali?
7. What does Dunn say probably happened when Battuta returned home?
8. How do scholars feel about the Rihla?
9. What was important about Adam’s Peak?
10. Why does Dunn say it was a good thing Battuta didn’t go to Delhi after his trip to China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Battuta changed when he got into high leadership positions. What were some of these changes, and what do you think caused them?
Essay Topic 2
Some scholars think a lot of what Battuta wrote about was falsified. Having read this version of his story, what do you think about these accusations?
Essay Topic 3
Battuta was devoted to learning in his life. How did he display this devotion, and what affect did this have on his life?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)