|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ibn Jazayy’s occupation?
2. Who wanted the Rihla made?
3. Where did Abu Inan live?
4. How did the Rihla come to be?
5. How many wagons were in the train to New Saray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Battuta to look down on the leadership in Mali?
2. What does Dunn say probably happened when Battuta returned home?
3. What did Battuta find in Hangzhao?
4. What does Battuta demand before taking a position in the Maldives?
5. How does Battuta almost fall out of favor with Tughluq?
6. Why did Battuta go back to Fez after visiting Mali?
7. Why was Battuta going to China?
8. What caused Battuta to leave the Maldives?
9. What sad news did Battuta learn on his return to Damascus?
10. What was a common occurrence for Battuta when meeting high officials?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Benbow had more than 4 wives in his lifetime, but we learn very little about any of them. Why is this, and what does this teach us?
Essay Topic 2
Battuta learned that his parents died long after it had happened. How did he react to this news, and what did this mean to him personally?
Essay Topic 3
Battuta did finally find a place to settle down. Where was this, and why do you think he chose this place?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)