|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dunn say Battuta headed without knowing when he left China?
2. Where was Abu l-Hasan in power?
3. How many wagons did Battuta hire to get to New Saray?
4. How long did it take for the Rihla to be made?
5. Which ocean surrounds the Maldives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Battuta feel about the people in Mali?
2. How does Battuta almost fall out of favor with Tughluq?
3. Why didn’t Battuta go to Delhi when finished with his trip to China?
4. How did ToghonTemur feel about foreign scholars?
5. Why was Battuta going to China?
6. What does Battuta demand before taking a position in the Maldives?
7. What did Battuta find in Hangzhao?
8. What was important about Adam’s Peak?
9. What does Dunn say probably happened when Battuta returned home?
10. What information does Dunn give us about Tughluq’s empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Battuta changed when he got into high leadership positions. What were some of these changes, and what do you think caused them?
Essay Topic 2
Battuta witnessed and wrote about many different forms of government in his life. What are some of these governmental forms, and how do they differ from each other?
Essay Topic 3
Battuta had a family, and this is something that should be of utmost importance to most Muslims. Do you think Battuta lived this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)