|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunn call the time of these travels in history?
2. What was all around the city of Cairo?
3. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
4. What was the status of Orkhan?
5. What was Battuta’s first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the important facts Dunn shares about Tangier?
2. How was the hajj described in this book?
3. How did Battuta feel about his first sea voyage?
4. What was important about Medina?
5. What was the Maghrib?
6. How did Battuta’s first marriage happen?
7. What does Dunn think Battuta did in his time in Mecca?
8. How did Battuta spend his time in Damascus?
9. Why did Battuta begin his journey?
10. How did the spread of Islam affect Battuta in his travels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loyalty was very important to Battuta. How did he show this through his actions?
Essay Topic 2
Battuta was devoted to learning in his life. How did he display this devotion, and what affect did this have on his life?
Essay Topic 3
Battuta had many high and lofty goals in life. How did he go about achieving these?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)