|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dunn think the information about cultures came from?
(a) Battuta’s journal.
(b) Other records.
2. Where did Battuta wait to hear from Tughluq about a position?
3. What kind of ruler was in Mali?
(a) A Prince.
(b) A governor.
(c) A Sultan.
(d) A King.
4. Where did IbnJuzayy get most of his information?
(a) Interviews with people.
(b) Notes from Battuta.
(c) His own experience.
(d) Talks with Battuta.
5. How long did it take for the Rihla to be made?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was killing many people in Europe at the time of this book?
2. What surprised Dunn about Battuta contacting Teghon Temur?
3. Where does Dunn say Battuta headed without knowing when he left China?
4. What shocked Battuta about the Mongol leaders?
5. Where did Tughluq’s empire begin to crumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Battuta have to promise to get a position in Delhi?
2. What caused Battuta to look down on the leadership in Mali?
3. How did Battuta feel about the people in Mali?
4. What does Dunn say probably happened when Battuta returned home?
5. Why did Battuta choose to visit Mali?
6. What surprised Battuta about the Mongol leader thrones?
7. Why didn’t Battuta go to Delhi when finished with his trip to China?
8. What sad news did Battuta learn on his return to Damascus?
9. How do scholars feel about the Rihla?
10. What happened in Calicut?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)