|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Battuta waiting for while on Samutra?
(a) His wife to give birth.
(b) Good sailing weather.
(c) His son to heal.
(d) A message from his parents.
2. Who wanted the Rihla made?
(a) Abu Inan.
(c) Princess Bayalun.
(d) The Sultan of Delhi.
3. What saved Battuta when the ships sunk in Calicut?
(a) He swam.
(b) One of his wives.
(c) He was on land praying.
(d) His servants.
4. How many khanates were there at the time of this book?
5. What is a Rihla?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A mantle.
(c) A poem.
(d) A record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What desert borders Mali?
2. What does Dunn say many scholars think of Battuta’s account of China?
3. What made Battuta feel disloyal to Tughluq?
4. Where does Dunn say Battuta headed without knowing when he left China?
5. What bothered Battuta about the people in Mali?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Battuta choose to visit Mali?
2. What does Battuta demand before taking a position in the Maldives?
3. How does Battuta almost fall out of favor with Tughluq?
4. Why did Battuta travel with Princess Bayalun?
5. Why does Dunn say it was a good thing Battuta didn’t go to Delhi after his trip to China?
6. What happened to the Rihla after it was made?
7. Why did Battuta go back to Fez after visiting Mali?
8. How did Battuta feel about the people in Mali?
9. What did Battuta find in Hangzhao?
10. How did ToghonTemur feel about foreign scholars?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)