|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships were loaded in Cambay?
2. Where did IbnJuzayy get most of his information?
(a) Notes from Battuta.
(b) Interviews with people.
(c) His own experience.
(d) Talks with Battuta.
3. What shocked Battuta most about the government in the Maldives?
(a) It was led by a woman.
(b) It was not a theocracy.
(c) It was democratic.
(d) It had very few laws.
4. Where did Tughluq’s empire begin to crumble?
(a) The South.
(b) The West.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
5. What did Battuta lose when the ships sunk in Calicut?
(a) His friends.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Some servants.
(d) The royal gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gifts did Battuta get in Mali?
2. What position did Jamal al-Din hold?
3. Where did Dunn think Battuta should have settled down?
4. When was the Rihla rediscovered?
5. How does Dunn describe the Islamic divorce process?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dunn say probably happened when Battuta returned home?
2. How does Battuta almost fall out of favor with Tughluq?
3. Why does Dunn say it was a good thing Battuta didn’t go to Delhi after his trip to China?
4. Why was the Rihla made?
5. What information does Dunn give us about Tughluq’s empire?
6. What surprised Battuta about the Mongol leader thrones?
7. Why didn’t Battuta go to Delhi when finished with his trip to China?
8. What do some scholars think about Battuta’s account of China?
9. What happened in Calicut?
10. Why did Battuta travel with Princess Bayalun?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)