|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocked Battuta most about the government in the Maldives?
(a) It was not a theocracy.
(b) It had very few laws.
(c) It was democratic.
(d) It was led by a woman.
2. How did the people raise their children at the time of this book?
3. How many khanates were there at the time of this book?
4. What sunk the ships in Calicut?
(a) Too much cargo.
(b) A storm.
(c) An explosion.
5. What did Battuta prepare before meeting Tughluq?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A gift.
(c) A song.
(d) A speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was turned against Battuta in the Maldives?
2. How many wagons were in the train to New Saray?
3. How long did it take for the Rihla to be made?
4. What was Battuta accused of when the Rihla was finished?
5. What river was near New Saray?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Battuta travel with Princess Bayalun?
2. What happened in Calicut?
3. What did Battuta find in Hangzhao?
4. What sad news did Battuta learn on his return to Damascus?
5. What happened to the Rihla after it was made?
6. What caused Battuta to look down on the leadership in Mali?
7. What do some scholars think about Battuta’s account of China?
8. How did ToghonTemur feel about foreign scholars?
9. Why was Battuta going to China?
10. What does Dunn say probably happened when Battuta returned home?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)