|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Muslim community in China like at the time of this book?
(a) Present, but small.
(b) Slowly growing.
2. How long had Battuta’s father been dead when he learned about it?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. What was Ibn Jazayy’s occupation?
4. What country is where Mahtuli used to be?
5. Where did the Sultan of Delhi want Battuta to take lavish gifts to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wagons did Battuta hire to get to New Saray?
2. What did Battuta lose when the ships sunk in Calicut?
3. What skills was Tughluq lauded for?
4. Where was Battuta when he learned one of his sons died?
5. Who wanted the Rihla made?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do scholars feel about the Rihla?
2. What did Battuta find in Hangzhao?
3. Why was Battuta going to China?
4. Why was the Rihla made?
5. What caused Battuta to look down on the leadership in Mali?
6. Why does Dunn say it was a good thing Battuta didn’t go to Delhi after his trip to China?
7. What does Battuta demand before taking a position in the Maldives?
8. What information does Dunn give us about Tughluq’s empire?
9. What happened to the Rihla after it was made?
10. Why did Battuta go back to Fez after visiting Mali?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)