|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
2. What was the status of Orkhan?
3. Where did Battuta decide to seek his fortune?
4. How many certificates did Battuta say he received while waiting for a hajj?
5. What is a hajj?
(a) A tree.
(b) A group of travelers.
(c) A fence.
(d) A sacred script.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Battuta do while waiting for a hajj?
2. What country is now where Anatolia used to be?
3. What was Battuta’s profession?
4. How did Battuta make his pilgrimage more dangerous than it had to be at the beginning?
5. What kind of town does Dunn call Tangier at this point in history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dunn think Battuta hoped to find in his travels?
2. Where did Battuta usually stay while traveling, and why?
3. How did Battuta’s first marriage happen?
4. What bad thing did Battuta learn about his Arabic guide, and how did he respond to this?
5. Who were the Fityan, and how did Battuta feel about them?
6. Who were the Mamluks?
7. How did Battuta spend his time in Damascus?
8. What were some of the parts of the Ka’ba ritual?
9. How was the hajj described in this book?
10. What are some of the important facts Dunn shares about Tangier?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)