|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Marinids?
(a) Religious activists.
(b) Political leaders.
(c) Famous travelers.
(d) Brilliant scholars.
2. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
(a) It was reforming.
(b) It was isolated.
(c) It was small.
(d) It was too religious.
3. What did Battuta have in a bundle on his way to Qahat?
(a) His writings.
4. What country was Battuta born in?
5. Which Century did this book take place?
(a) The 14th.
(b) The 15th.
(c) The 16th.
(d) The 13th.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Battuta say he stayed in Mecca?
2. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
3. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
4. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
5. What was Battuta educated in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Battuta usually stay while traveling, and why?
2. How did Battuta feel about Cairo, and why?
3. What does Dunn think Battuta hoped to find in his travels?
4. Why did Battuta begin his journey?
5. What happened to Battuta while traveling across the Pontic Mountains?
6. What happened as Battuta was traveling to Qahat?
7. What did Battuta think of his first exposure to Africa in Zeila?
8. What was the Maghrib?
9. What happened at the bath house in Cairo?
10. What made the pilgrimage so dangerous?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)