|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Battuta meet his first wife?
2. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
3. What impressed Battuta most about the feat he attended in Anatolia?
(a) There was food he had never seen.
(b) He learns of new books.
(c) They were very generous.
(d) The talk was purely religious.
4. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
5. Who told Battuta about his future?
(a) A priest.
(b) A mystic.
(c) A street dancer.
(d) A rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Battuta do at the Mount of Mercy?
2. What did Battuta love about traveling along the Nile?
3. How long did Battuta say he stayed in Mecca?
4. What did most people do after their pilgrimage?
5. What was Battuta’s profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Battuta hope to seek his fortune?
2. How did Battuta’s first marriage happen?
3. What happened as Battuta was traveling to Qahat?
4. Why did Battuta begin his journey?
5. Who were the Mamluks?
6. What did the pilgrims do at Dhul’Hulaifa?
7. What happened to Battuta at Bijaya?
8. What bad thing did Battuta learn about his Arabic guide, and how did he respond to this?
9. How was the hajj described in this book?
10. What does Dunn think Battuta hoped to find in his travels?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)