|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
(a) He got in a fight with her father.
(b) He met someone he liked better.
(c) She spoke back to him.
(d) She didn’t have a son.
2. What was Battuta’s profession?
3. What did Battuta have to recover from when he got to Qahat?
(a) Swollen feet.
(b) Back pain.
(c) Dislocated shoulder.
(d) A fever.
4. What was the most common animal to see in a hajj?
5. Who invited Battuta to a feast in Anatolia?
6. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
(a) It was isolated.
(b) It was reforming.
(c) It was too religious.
(d) It was small.
7. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
8. How did Battuta feel about the people in Zeila?
(a) They were strange.
(b) They were amazing.
(c) They were easily impressed.
(d) They were dirty.
9. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
10. Who did Battuta stay with in Aden?
(a) A dignitary.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A scholar.
11. What was important about Hebron?
(a) Muhammad taught there.
(b) Adam was born there.
(c) Abraham was buried there.
(d) The burning bush was there.
12. What did Battuta love about traveling along the Nile?
(a) All the people were Muslim.
(b) The people were nice.
(c) He could find everything he needed on shore.
(d) It was very beautiful.
13. What was Battuta’s first name?
14. What language did the Mamluks speak?
15. What kind of illness did Battuta come down with after leaving Algiers?
(a) A fever.
(b) A rash.
(c) An infection.
(d) A cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Zeila located?
2. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
3. What did Battuta protect himself with during his journey to Qahat?
4. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
5. What color did all the pilgrims wear?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)