|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Battuta have to recover from when he got to Qahat?
(a) Dislocated shoulder.
(b) Back pain.
(c) Swollen feet.
(d) A fever.
2. How did Battuta make his pilgrimage more dangerous than it had to be at the beginning?
(a) He didn’t shave his head.
(b) He packed a lot of money.
(c) He didn’t go with a group.
(d) He brought a woman with him.
3. What does Dunn call the time of these travels in history?
(a) The Religious Awakening.
(b) The Muslim Middle Ages.
(c) The Islamic Overtake.
(d) The Middle Eastern Industrial Period.
4. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
5. What did Battuta love about traveling along the Nile?
(a) All the people were Muslim.
(b) The people were nice.
(c) It was very beautiful.
(d) He could find everything he needed on shore.
6. What is a hajj?
(a) A tree.
(b) A sacred script.
(c) A group of travelers.
(d) A fence.
7. What was the Maristan?
(a) A grand ship.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A mosque.
(d) A trade center.
8. What was Battuta’s first name?
9. What was special about the Mosque of the Prophet?
(a) Isaac was buried there.
(b) God touched a stone there.
(c) Mohammed once taught there.
(d) Moses slept there.
10. How many certificates did Battuta say he received while waiting for a hajj?
11. What did the pilgrims do at Dhi I-Haifa?
(d) Begin the fast.
12. What law required a trip to Mecca?
(a) Buddhist Law.
(b) Islamic Law.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Middle Eastern Law.
13. Who told Battuta about his future?
(a) A street dancer.
(b) A mystic.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A priest.
14. What kind of town does Dunn call Tangier at this point in history?
(a) A port town.
(b) A rural town.
(c) A frontier town.
(d) A metropolitan town.
15. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Battuta’s profession?
2. What was all around the city of Cairo?
3. What city along the Nile did Battuta spend time at before continuing on?
4. What was the status of Orkhan?
5. Who led Battuta to Qahat?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)