|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Marinids?
(a) Political leaders.
(b) Famous travelers.
(c) Brilliant scholars.
(d) Religious activists.
2. How did Battuta feel about his travel choice to Yemen?
(a) He swore to never use it again.
(b) He was nervous.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He was highly amused.
3. What did Battuta do at the Mount of Mercy?
(c) Offer a sacrifice.
(d) Break his fast.
4. What did most people do after their pilgrimage?
(a) Travel to other destinations.
(b) Donate their ceremonial garb.
(c) Stay in Mecca for a time.
(d) Return to their lives.
5. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
6. What does Dunn say about the ceremonies described in this book?
(a) They are incorrect.
(b) They are the same today as they were then.
(c) They are antiquated.
(d) They are symbolic.
7. How long was the journey from Damascus to Mecca?
(a) 1,200 kilometers.
(b) 800 kilometers.
(c) 1,200 miles.
(d) 800 miles.
8. What did Battuta have to recover from when he got to Qahat?
(a) Back pain.
(b) Swollen feet.
(c) Dislocated shoulder.
(d) A fever.
9. What is a hajj?
(a) A fence.
(b) A group of travelers.
(c) A sacred script.
(d) A tree.
10. How long did Battuta stay in Cairo?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
11. What was Battuta told about his future?
(a) He would travel extensively.
(b) He would die young.
(c) He would make his mother proud.
(d) He would be wealthy.
12. What was the status of Orkhan?
13. How did Battuta feel about the people in Zeila?
(a) They were dirty.
(b) They were amazing.
(c) They were easily impressed.
(d) They were strange.
14. What country is now where Anatolia used to be?
15. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Battuta stay in Tunis?
2. What is involved in Sufism?
3. How old was Battuta when he began his pilgrimage?
4. What color did all the pilgrims wear?
5. What is Dunn’s role in this book?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)