|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rihla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Battuta stay with in Aden?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A dignitary.
2. What language did the Mamluks speak?
3. Where did Battuta meet Orkhan?
4. What did Battuta love about traveling along the Nile?
(a) The people were nice.
(b) It was very beautiful.
(c) He could find everything he needed on shore.
(d) All the people were Muslim.
5. Who was turned against Battuta in the Maldives?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) The Vizier.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
2. Why did ToghonTemur like to open relationships with the Muslims?
3. What shocked Battuta most about the government in the Maldives?
4. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
5. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)