|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rihla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did most of Battuta’s duties in Delhi?
(a) His interpreters.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) The Vizier.
(d) His sons.
2. What kind of town does Dunn call Tangier at this point in history?
(a) A frontier town.
(b) A metropolitan town.
(c) A rural town.
(d) A port town.
3. What law required a trip to Mecca?
(a) Islamic Law.
(b) Buddhist Law.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Middle Eastern Law.
4. What is a rihla?
(a) A statue.
(b) A painting.
(c) A written history.
(d) A prayer roll.
5. What does Dunn say caused the diversity in Mecca?
(a) The pilgrims.
(b) The trading routes.
(c) The schools.
(d) The prisons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Abu l-Hasan in power?
2. How long did it take for Battuta to get to the Nile Delta?
3. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
4. How long did it take for the Rihla to be made?
5. Who did Battuta stay with in Aden?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)