|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Sultan of Delhi want Battuta to take lavish gifts to?
2. Why does Dunn say it was good Battuta didn’t go to Delhi?
(a) He would not have been given a job.
(b) He would have been arrested.
(c) A war was starting.
(d) The empire was crumbling.
3. What was killing many people in Europe at the time of this book?
(a) The crusades.
(d) The plague.
4. Where was Tophon Temur from?
(a) Sri Lanka.
5. What is involved in Sufism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Battuta protect himself with during his journey to Qahat?
2. What did the pilgrims do at Dhi I-Haifa?
3. How many times did Battuta circle in the Ka’ba?
4. What kind of town does Dunn call Tangier at this point in history?
5. Who went for help when danger was encountered while crossing the Pontic mountains?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)