|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Malabar and the Maldives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mamluks start out as before they came into power?
(c) Religious zealots.
2. What was something Tughluq punished people for severely?
(a) Breaking religious rules.
3. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
4. What is a Qadi?
(a) A healer.
(b) A mapmaker.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A judge.
5. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
(a) Inventions and technology.
(b) Religious reform.
(c) Warring tribes.
(d) Trade routes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other traveler is Battuta compared to?
2. Which ocean surrounds the Maldives?
3. How old was Battuta when he began his pilgrimage?
4. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
5. Why did Battuta take a harder route to get to al-Qiram?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)