|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Malabar and the Maldives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocked Battuta most about the government in the Maldives?
(a) It was not a theocracy.
(b) It was democratic.
(c) It had very few laws.
(d) It was led by a woman.
2. Where did Tughluq’s empire begin to crumble?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
3. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
4. What was special about the Mosque of the Prophet?
(a) God touched a stone there.
(b) Moses slept there.
(c) Mohammed once taught there.
(d) Isaac was buried there.
5. What did most people do after their pilgrimage?
(a) Stay in Mecca for a time.
(b) Return to their lives.
(c) Donate their ceremonial garb.
(d) Travel to other destinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Battuta to a feast in Anatolia?
2. What law required a trip to Mecca?
3. What danger did Battuta encounter when crossing the Pontic mountains?
4. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
5. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)