|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Malabar and the Maldives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did an official at Constantine give Battuta?
(a) A mantle.
(b) A certificate.
(c) A book.
(d) A horse.
2. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
3. What was the status of Orkhan?
4. How did Battuta get to al-Qiram?
(a) He joined a hajj.
(b) He walked.
(c) He rode a camel.
(d) He went by sea.
5. What was Battuta told about his future?
(a) He would travel extensively.
(b) He would die young.
(c) He would be wealthy.
(d) He would make his mother proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main religion in India at the time of this book?
2. What danger did Battuta encounter when crossing the Pontic mountains?
3. Where did Battuta wait to hear from Tughluq about a position?
4. What does Dunn think Battuta spent his time doing in Mecca?
5. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)