|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Malabar and the Maldives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger did Battuta encounter when crossing the Pontic mountains?
(a) Heavy snow.
(b) Robbers and thieves.
(c) Falling rocks.
(d) All of the above.
2. What saved Battuta when the ships sunk in Calicut?
(a) He swam.
(b) His servants.
(c) He was on land praying.
(d) One of his wives.
3. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
(a) To further his education.
(b) To seek his fortune.
(c) To leave his parents.
(d) To find a wife.
4. Where did the Sultan of Delhi want Battuta to take lavish gifts to?
5. What did most people do after their pilgrimage?
(a) Return to their lives.
(b) Donate their ceremonial garb.
(c) Travel to other destinations.
(d) Stay in Mecca for a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is where Mahtuli used to be?
2. Who led Battuta to Qahat?
3. How did Battuta plan to leave Delhi without being charged?
4. Why does Dunn doubt Battuta stayed in Mecca as long as he claimed?
5. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)