|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arabian Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was this book translated in America?
(a) The 18th Century.
(b) The 19th Century.
(c) The 20th Century.
(d) The 17th Century.
2. What did the Mamluks start out as before they came into power?
(a) Religious zealots.
3. Who led Battuta to Qahat?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A hajj leader.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A Qadi.
4. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
5. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Qadi?
2. What does Dunn think Battuta spent his time doing in Mecca?
3. What does Dunn say caused the diversity in Mecca?
4. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
5. What language did the Mamluks speak?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)