|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arabian Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mamluks start out as before they came into power?
(b) Religious zealots.
2. What city along the Nile did Battuta spend time at before continuing on?
3. What is a hajj?
(a) A sacred script.
(b) A group of travelers.
(c) A fence.
(d) A tree.
4. What did Battuta do while waiting for a hajj?
(a) Find a wife.
5. How did Battuta get to Yemen?
(a) He hired a camel.
(b) He went by sea.
(c) He joined a caravan.
(d) He walked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
2. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
3. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
4. How long did Battuta say he stayed in Mecca?
5. How long did Battuta stay in Cairo?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)