|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arabian Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
(a) She spoke back to him.
(b) She didn’t have a son.
(c) He met someone he liked better.
(d) He got in a fight with her father.
2. Who told Battuta about his future?
(a) A priest.
(b) A street dancer.
(c) A mystic.
(d) A rabbi.
3. What was important about Hebron?
(a) Abraham was buried there.
(b) The burning bush was there.
(c) Muhammad taught there.
(d) Adam was born there.
4. How does Dunn say Muslim women lived at the time of this book?
(a) Like hermits.
(b) In constant fear.
(d) In seclusion.
5. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
(a) Religious reform.
(b) Trade routes.
(c) Inventions and technology.
(d) Warring tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Battuta feel about his travel choice to Yemen?
2. What tribe was Battuta descended from?
3. What is Dunn’s role in this book?
4. What was special about the Mosque of the Prophet?
5. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)