|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arabian Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Battuta when he began his pilgrimage?
2. How did Battuta make his pilgrimage more dangerous than it had to be at the beginning?
(a) He didn’t shave his head.
(b) He brought a woman with him.
(c) He didn’t go with a group.
(d) He packed a lot of money.
3. What is a rihla?
(a) A statue.
(b) A painting.
(c) A written history.
(d) A prayer roll.
4. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
(a) It was small.
(b) It was reforming.
(c) It was too religious.
(d) It was isolated.
5. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
(a) To leave his parents.
(b) To further his education.
(c) To seek his fortune.
(d) To find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Zeila located?
2. Who were the Marinids?
3. How long did it take for Battuta to get to the Nile Delta?
4. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
5. What was Battuta told about his future?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)