|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arabian Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
(a) He walked away.
(b) He ran.
(c) He reported the problem.
(d) He challenged someone to a fight.
2. Who did the Mamluks have to fight against the most?
(a) The Catholics.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Moroccans.
(d) The Egyptians.
3. What did Battuta do while waiting for a hajj?
(d) Find a wife.
4. How did Battuta get to Yemen?
(a) He went by sea.
(b) He walked.
(c) He joined a caravan.
(d) He hired a camel.
5. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To seek his fortune.
(c) To further his education.
(d) To leave his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big does Dunn say the hajj can get?
2. How long did Battuta stay in Cairo?
3. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
4. What is a Qadi?
5. What was the Maristan?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)