|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arabian Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dunn describe Mecca in off seasons?
2. What was all around the city of Cairo?
(a) A mural.
(b) A serpentine pattern.
(c) A wall.
(d) A trench.
3. What does Dunn say caused the diversity in Mecca?
(a) The trading routes.
(b) The prisons.
(c) The pilgrims.
(d) The schools.
4. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
(a) He got in a fight with her father.
(b) He met someone he liked better.
(c) She spoke back to him.
(d) She didn’t have a son.
5. What did Battuta have to recover from when he got to Qahat?
(a) A fever.
(b) Back pain.
(c) Swollen feet.
(d) Dislocated shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Battuta get to Yemen?
2. What was important about Hebron?
3. How long did Battuta say he stayed in Mecca?
4. When was this book translated in America?
5. What did Battuta do at the Mount of Mercy?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)