|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mecca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Battuta make his pilgrimage more dangerous than it had to be at the beginning?
(a) He didn’t go with a group.
(b) He didn’t shave his head.
(c) He packed a lot of money.
(d) He brought a woman with him.
2. How many certificates did Battuta say he received while waiting for a hajj?
3. How long did Battuta stay in Cairo?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
(a) Warring tribes.
(b) Inventions and technology.
(c) Trade routes.
(d) Religious reform.
5. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Battuta circle in the Ka’ba?
2. What made Battuta sad when leaving on his pilgrimage?
3. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
4. How long did Battuta stay in Tunis?
5. When was this book translated in America?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)