|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mecca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Battuta circle in the Ka’ba?
2. What was important about Hebron?
(a) Adam was born there.
(b) The burning bush was there.
(c) Abraham was buried there.
(d) Muhammad taught there.
3. What did the Mamluks start out as before they came into power?
(d) Religious zealots.
4. What is a Qadi?
(a) A mapmaker.
(b) A judge.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A healer.
5. What bothered Battuta in a bathhouse?
(a) The men were naked.
(b) The windows didn’t quite face West.
(c) There was a whore.
(d) The music was too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dunn say Muslim women lived at the time of this book?
2. What other traveler is Battuta compared to?
3. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
4. Who told Battuta about his future?
5. How long did Battuta stay in Tunis?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)