|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mecca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunn say caused the diversity in Mecca?
(a) The trading routes.
(b) The pilgrims.
(c) The prisons.
(d) The schools.
2. What was Battuta’s profession?
3. What was special about the Mosque of the Prophet?
(a) God touched a stone there.
(b) Moses slept there.
(c) Isaac was buried there.
(d) Mohammed once taught there.
4. What is involved in Sufism?
5. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
2. What other traveler is Battuta compared to?
3. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
4. What religion did Battuta follow?
5. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)