|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mecca.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Battuta go after leaving Algiers?
2. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
3. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
4. What tribe was Battuta descended from?
(a) The Berbers.
(b) The Brays.
(c) The Brahmas.
(d) The Brastias.
5. How long was the journey from Damascus to Mecca?
(a) 1,200 miles.
(b) 800 miles.
(c) 1,200 kilometers.
(d) 800 kilometers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
2. How long did it take for Battuta to get to the Nile Delta?
3. What was Battuta’s profession?
4. Who were the Marinids?
5. Which Century did this book take place?
This section contains 132 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)