|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
(a) She spoke back to him.
(b) She didn’t have a son.
(c) He got in a fight with her father.
(d) He met someone he liked better.
2. Where did Battuta meet his first wife?
3. Who told Battuta about his future?
(a) A street dancer.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A mystic.
(d) A priest.
4. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
5. What other traveler is Battuta compared to?
(a) King Ferdinand.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Rob Maher.
(d) Marco Polo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
2. What was Battuta told about his future?
3. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
4. How old was Battuta when he began his pilgrimage?
5. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)