|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Battuta about his future?
(a) A mystic.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A priest.
(d) A street dancer.
2. What was all around the city of Cairo?
(a) A serpentine pattern.
(b) A mural.
(c) A wall.
(d) A trench.
3. What bothered Battuta in a bathhouse?
(a) The music was too loud.
(b) The men were naked.
(c) The windows didn’t quite face West.
(d) There was a whore.
4. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
(a) He challenged someone to a fight.
(b) He walked away.
(c) He reported the problem.
(d) He ran.
5. How does Dunn say Muslim women lived at the time of this book?
(a) Like hermits.
(b) In constant fear.
(c) In seclusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Battuta to get to the Nile Delta?
2. What is a rihla?
3. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
4. What did an official at Constantine give Battuta?
5. How old was Battuta when he began his pilgrimage?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)