|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Mamluks have to fight against the most?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Catholics.
(c) The Moroccans.
(d) The Mongols.
2. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
3. Who told Battuta about his future?
(a) A mystic.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A street dancer.
4. What was Battuta’s profession?
5. What does Dunn call the time of these travels in history?
(a) The Middle Eastern Industrial Period.
(b) The Religious Awakening.
(c) The Islamic Overtake.
(d) The Muslim Middle Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
2. What kinds of robbers were often on the road to Constantine?
3. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
4. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
5. Where did Battuta meet his first wife?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)