|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
(a) He was scared of it.
(b) He was impressed by it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He didn’t even notice it.
2. Which Century did this book take place?
(a) The 16th.
(b) The 13th.
(c) The 15th.
(d) The 14th.
3. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
4. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
(a) He got in a fight with her father.
(b) She spoke back to him.
(c) He met someone he liked better.
(d) She didn’t have a son.
5. Where did Battuta meet his first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
2. When was this book translated in America?
3. What kinds of robbers were often on the road to Constantine?
4. What is a rihla?
5. What was Battuta’s profession?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)