|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tangiers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunn call the time of these travels in history?
(a) The Muslim Middle Ages.
(b) The Islamic Overtake.
(c) The Religious Awakening.
(d) The Middle Eastern Industrial Period.
2. What was Battuta’s first name?
3. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
(a) It was isolated.
(b) It was reforming.
(c) It was small.
(d) It was too religious.
4. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
(a) Agricultural struggles.
(b) Trading struggles.
(c) Power struggles.
(d) Religious struggles.
5. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
2. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
3. What is a rihla?
4. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
5. What is involved in Sufism?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)