|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tangiers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of town does Dunn call Tangier at this point in history?
(a) A port town.
(b) A rural town.
(c) A metropolitan town.
(d) A frontier town.
2. Who were the Marinids?
(a) Religious activists.
(b) Political leaders.
(c) Brilliant scholars.
(d) Famous travelers.
3. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
4. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
5. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Battuta’s profession?
2. What country was Battuta born in?
3. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
4. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
5. When was this book translated in America?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)