|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tangiers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
(a) Agricultural struggles.
(b) Trading struggles.
(c) Power struggles.
(d) Religious struggles.
2. What does Dunn call the time of these travels in history?
(a) The Islamic Overtake.
(b) The Middle Eastern Industrial Period.
(c) The Religious Awakening.
(d) The Muslim Middle Ages.
3. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
(b) All of the above.
4. What religion did Battuta follow?
5. What was Battuta’s first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Battuta educated in?
2. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
3. What is a rihla?
4. What is involved in Sufism?
5. What tribe was Battuta descended from?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)