|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tangiers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a rihla?
(a) A prayer roll.
(b) A painting.
(c) A statue.
(d) A written history.
2. Who were the Marinids?
(a) Brilliant scholars.
(b) Political leaders.
(c) Famous travelers.
(d) Religious activists.
3. What caused growth in Tangier at the time in this book?
4. What religion did Battuta follow?
5. What country was Battuta born in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
2. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
3. What does Dunn call the time of these travels in history?
4. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
5. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)