|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Battuta do when he got cold after leaving Constantinople?
(a) Made a fire.
(b) Put on all his clothing.
(c) Returned to the city.
(d) Drank spirits.
2. What kind of town does Dunn call Tangier at this point in history?
(a) A metropolitan town.
(b) A frontier town.
(c) A port town.
(d) A rural town.
3. Who were the Marinids?
(a) Religious activists.
(b) Political leaders.
(c) Brilliant scholars.
(d) Famous travelers.
4. What shocked Battuta about the Mongol leaders?
(a) They knew much about the Muslims.
(b) They were kind and generous.
(c) They spoke Hindu.
(d) They allowed their women in the courtroom.
5. What does Dunn think Battuta spent his time doing in Mecca?
(b) Attending lectures.
(d) Raising his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is where Mahtuli used to be?
2. What color did all the pilgrims wear?
3. What was the most common animal to see in a hajj?
4. What does Dunn say about the ceremonies described in this book?
5. Where was Abu l-Hasan in power?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)