|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Battuta meet his first wife?
2. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
(a) Warring tribes.
(b) Trade routes.
(c) Religious reform.
(d) Inventions and technology.
3. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
4. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
(c) All of the above.
5. What is a Qadi?
(a) A mapmaker.
(b) A healer.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Battuta wait to join a hajj?
2. What kind of illness did Battuta come down with after leaving Algiers?
3. What is a hajj?
4. What was important about Hebron?
5. What was all around the city of Cairo?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)