|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To seek his fortune.
(c) To further his education.
(d) To leave his parents.
2. How long did Battuta stay in Tunis?
(a) 1 Month.
(b) 4 Months.
(c) 2 Months.
(d) 3 Months.
3. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
(a) Power struggles.
(b) Religious struggles.
(c) Trading struggles.
(d) Agricultural struggles.
4. What tribe was Battuta descended from?
(a) The Brahmas.
(b) The Brays.
(c) The Brastias.
(d) The Berbers.
5. Where did Battuta meet his first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dunn say Muslim women lived at the time of this book?
2. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
3. Who told Battuta about his future?
4. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
5. Who were the Marinids?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)