|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was all around the city of Cairo?
(a) A mural.
(b) A serpentine pattern.
(c) A trench.
(d) A wall.
2. What bothered Battuta in a bathhouse?
(a) The windows didn’t quite face West.
(b) The men were naked.
(c) The music was too loud.
(d) There was a whore.
3. What was Battuta told about his future?
(a) He would be wealthy.
(b) He would die young.
(c) He would make his mother proud.
(d) He would travel extensively.
4. What city along the Nile did Battuta spend time at before continuing on?
5. What was important about Hebron?
(a) The burning bush was there.
(b) Muhammad taught there.
(c) Abraham was buried there.
(d) Adam was born there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe was Battuta descended from?
2. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
3. What is a rihla?
4. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
5. What other traveler is Battuta compared to?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)