|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Battuta do when something bothered him in a bathhouse?
(a) He reported the problem.
(b) He challenged someone to a fight.
(c) He walked away.
(d) He ran.
2. What was Battuta told about his future?
(a) He would be wealthy.
(b) He would make his mother proud.
(c) He would die young.
(d) He would travel extensively.
3. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
(b) All of the above.
4. Why does Dunn say he thinks Battuta was so eager to travel?
(a) To seek his fortune.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To further his education.
(d) To leave his parents.
5. How long did it take for Battuta to get to the Nile Delta?
(a) 9 Months.
(b) 8 Months.
(c) 7 Months.
(d) 6 Months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
2. How did Battuta make his pilgrimage more dangerous than it had to be at the beginning?
3. Who were the Marinids?
4. What was the profession of Battuta’s father?
5. How many certificates did Battuta say he received while waiting for a hajj?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)