|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mamluks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
(a) He didn’t even notice it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He was impressed by it.
(d) He was scared of it.
2. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
(a) Inventions and technology.
(b) Warring tribes.
(c) Religious reform.
(d) Trade routes.
3. What was Battuta’s first name?
4. How did Battuta make his pilgrimage more dangerous than it had to be at the beginning?
(a) He didn’t go with a group.
(b) He brought a woman with him.
(c) He didn’t shave his head.
(d) He packed a lot of money.
5. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is involved in Sufism?
2. Why did Battuta divorce his first wife?
3. Where did Battuta meet people who were of his religion as he travelled?
4. Why was Tangier not a center of learning?
5. How does Dunn say Muslim women lived at the time of this book?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)