|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Steppe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the Mamluks speak?
2. What was the most common animal to see in a hajj?
3. What was important about Hebron?
(a) Muhammad taught there.
(b) The burning bush was there.
(c) Adam was born there.
(d) Abraham was buried there.
4. Why did Battuta take a harder route to get to al-Qiram?
(a) To take a new path.
(b) To make another pilgrimage.
(c) To avoid danger.
(d) To visit family.
5. What was all around the city of Cairo?
(a) A wall.
(b) A serpentine pattern.
(c) A trench.
(d) A mural.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Battuta meet Orkhan?
2. What country is now where Anatolia used to be?
3. What country is where Mahtuli used to be?
4. What kind of guide did Battuta need to find before seeking his fortune?
5. Which ocean lies near Tangier?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)