|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Steppe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river was near New Saray?
(a) The Viger River.
(b) The Volga River.
(c) The Vula River.
(d) The Vega River.
2. How does Dunn describe Mecca in off seasons?
3. What country is where Mahtuli used to be?
4. What was the status of Orkhan?
5. What kind of struggles in Tangier does Dunn say changed history?
(a) Agricultural struggles.
(b) Power struggles.
(c) Trading struggles.
(d) Religious struggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Battuta do at the Mount of Mercy?
2. Who were the Marinids?
3. What does Dunn say was one of the major centers of learning at this time for Muslims?
4. How long was the journey from Damascus to Mecca?
5. How many times did Battuta circle in the Ka’ba?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)