|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Steppe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many major cities were near Tangier at the time of this book?
2. What did Battuta do at the Mount of Mercy?
(b) Break his fast.
(d) Offer a sacrifice.
3. Why did Battuta take a harder route to get to al-Qiram?
(a) To visit family.
(b) To take a new path.
(c) To make another pilgrimage.
(d) To avoid danger.
4. Who showed Battuta around Constantinople?
(a) The Sultan of Delphi.
(b) Princess Bayalun.
(c) The Zhoau Emperor.
(d) A hired guide.
5. What were the yurts on the wagons to New Saray made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was special about the Mosque of the Prophet?
2. What shocked Battuta about the Mongol leaders?
3. What language did the Mamluks speak?
4. How long was the journey from Damascus to Mecca?
5. What was the most common animal to see in a hajj?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)