|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Steppe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunn say caused the diversity in Mecca?
(a) The prisons.
(b) The pilgrims.
(c) The trading routes.
(d) The schools.
2. Where did Battuta meet Orkhan?
3. Who showed Battuta around Constantinople?
(a) A hired guide.
(b) The Sultan of Delphi.
(c) Princess Bayalun.
(d) The Zhoau Emperor.
4. What tribe was Battuta descended from?
(a) The Berbers.
(b) The Brays.
(c) The Brahmas.
(d) The Brastias.
5. What does Dunn say about the ceremonies described in this book?
(a) They are incorrect.
(b) They are antiquated.
(c) They are the same today as they were then.
(d) They are symbolic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Battuta cross the Pontic mountains?
2. What was Battuta educated in?
3. What did the pilgrims do at Dhi I-Haifa?
4. How long was the journey from Damascus to Mecca?
5. What was the Maristan?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)