|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through China.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Battuta cross the Pontic mountains?
(a) He rode a camel.
(b) He walked.
(c) He hired a litter.
(d) He rode a horse.
2. What kind of guide did Battuta need to find before seeking his fortune?
(a) A religious zealot.
(b) A child rearing servant.
(c) A law expert.
(d) A Persian speaker.
3. Who did the Mamluks have to fight against the most?
(a) The Catholics.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Moroccans.
4. How did Battuta describe China?
(b) All of the above.
5. What is a fityan?
(a) A book.
(b) A stew made with lamb.
(c) An organization.
(d) A Muslim sect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunn say many scholars think of Battuta’s account of China?
2. What was all around the city of Cairo?
3. Who went for help when danger was encountered while crossing the Pontic mountains?
4. What kind of stability does Dunn praise the Mamluks for?
5. What was the Maristan?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)