|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through China.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
(a) He was scared of it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He was impressed by it.
(d) He didn’t even notice it.
2. Where did Battuta decide to seek his fortune?
3. Who went for help when danger was encountered while crossing the Pontic mountains?
(c) A slave.
(d) The camel hand.
4. Who ruled China at the time of this book?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Crusaders.
(d) The Shiners.
5. What was the Maristan?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A grand ship.
(c) A trade center.
(d) A mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the Arabic guide hired by Battuta?
2. Where in China does Dunn say Battuta is not likely to have visited?
3. What was Cairo a crossroads of in the time of this book?
4. What was the Muslim community in China like at the time of this book?
5. What surprised Dunn about Battuta contacting Teghon Temur?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)