|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through China.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Battuta stay in Cairo?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 months.
2. What was Battuta told about his future?
(a) He would travel extensively.
(b) He would die young.
(c) He would be wealthy.
(d) He would make his mother proud.
3. Why did ToghonTemur like to open relationships with the Muslims?
(a) To hide his real ambitions.
(b) To increase trade routes.
(c) To educate himself.
(d) To spread his empire.
4. What did the Mamluks start out as before they came into power?
(a) Religious zealots.
5. What was the status of Orkhan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Battuta describe China?
2. What was the Muslim community in China like at the time of this book?
3. How did Battuta feel about Alexandria Port?
4. What bothered Battuta in a bathhouse?
5. Where in China does Dunn say Battuta is not likely to have visited?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)