|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ailments begins to plague Momma in her old age?
(a) All of the above.
(b) She is going deaf.
(c) She is going weak.
(d) She is going blind.
2. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
(a) George III.
3. Which of the following characters believes that "everyone sees to it his fate is shared"?
(a) Kayo Obermark.
(b) Charlotte Magnus.
(c) Mimi Villars.
(d) Clem Tambow.
4. What crime did the daughter of the Dutch-Zeeland family commit before getting off scot free?
5. How old is Augie when he gets his first job?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Augie expected to get married?
2. What role is Augie hired to play in the department store Christmas scene?
3. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
4. What is Augie asked to distribute for his first real job?
5. What type of store does Mr. Renling own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Augie fired from his job at Deever's Department Store?
2. Why does the Magnus family demand for the breakup of Augie and Lucy?
3. Where does Augie meet Esther Fenchel, and what is his reaction to her?
4. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
5. How is Augie received when he meets the Magnus family for the first time?
6. Why does Simon lose out on his engagement to Cissy Flexner?
7. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
8. What lecture does William give to Augie after the break in at his pool hall?
9. How does Augie betray William after the stock market crash?
10. What was Georges-Jacques Danton?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)