|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog is Winnie?
2. In what year of high school does Augie get his job working for William Einhorn?
(a) Junior year.
(b) Sophomore year.
(c) Senior year.
(d) Freshman year.
3. Why does the matchmaker, Kriendle, believe that Simon should not marry?
(a) Because he is too dumb.
(b) Because he is too irresponsible.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) All of the above.
4. What does Augie pawn to help pay for his mother's medical expenses?
(a) He stereo.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His car.
5. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
(d) George III.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Augie have?
2. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
3. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
4. Which room of his house does William burn down to please his wife's redecorating ideals?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the Coblins', household?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Augie help Dingbat with which involves travel to Michigan?
2. Why does Simon lose out on his engagement to Cissy Flexner?
3. Why does Augie leave the services of Mr. and Mrs. Renling?
4. Why is Augie fired from his job at Deever's Department Store?
5. Where does Augie meet Esther Fenchel, and what is his reaction to her?
6. How does Augie betray William after the stock market crash?
7. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
8. Who was King Croesus?
9. What quarrelsome love triangle does Augie have to sort out, even though he is not involved in it?
10. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)