|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Augie react when the beautiful heiress turns down his dinner date proposal?
(a) He slaps her in the face.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He runs away, crying.
2. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
3. What is Augie asked to distribute for his first real job?
(b) Restaurant menus.
(c) Ration cards.
(d) Theater playbills.
4. What is the term "skyscraper leaps" another name for?
5. How does WInnie die?
(a) Old age.
(b) She is poisoned from chocolate.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) She has leukemia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will the March family's co-pay be to put Momma in a home for the blind?
2. Why does Simon owe money to the mob?
3. What type of business does William run?
4. To which city did Simon wire money that he borrowed from William?
5. Which of the following characters believes that "everyone sees to it his fate is shared"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Simon sell his family house without telling anyone?
2. What religion does Augie's family practice?
3. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
4. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
5. Who is Augie meant to marry when he is a teenager, and what is his reaction to this agreement?
6. Who was King Croesus?
7. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
8. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
9. How does William accommodate his wife's decorating whims in their living room?
10. Who is "Grandma"?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)