|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much will the March family's co-pay be to put Momma in a home for the blind?
(a) $5 per month.
(b) $15 per month.
(c) $20 per month.
(d) $10 per month.
2. Who illegally plays matchmaker for Five Properties when he decides it is time to get married?
(a) Anna Coblin.
3. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She was electrocuted.
(d) She was hanged.
4. How does Georgie feel about being institutionalized?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Augie when he gets his first job?
2. Why doesn't Augie want to marry Friedle Coblin?
3. What does Manny Pedilla train Augie to steal with him?
4. How much rent does Augie pay to the Owens every month for the room he shares with two other students?
5. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
2. What is Augie's relationship to his younger brother, Georgie?
3. Why is Augie fired from his job at Deever's Department Store?
4. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
5. What religion does Augie's family practice?
6. How does Augie feel about attending school?
7. Who was King Croesus?
8. Why does Simon lose out on his engagement to Cissy Flexner?
9. What type of obituary does William write after his father's death?
10. Who is Augie meant to marry when he is a teenager, and what is his reaction to this agreement?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)