|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma feel about Augie working for William Einhorn?
(a) She is displeased.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is apathetic.
2. Who demands that Georgie be institutionalized when he reaches puberty?
3. Who marries Simon's fiancé when he is forbidden to marry her?
(a) Hyman Coblin.
(b) William Einhorn.
(d) Five Properties.
4. Which of the following roles is NOT one Augie plays for millionaire tycoon, William Einhorn?
5. What type of store does Mr. Renling own?
(a) A sporting goods store.
(b) An electronics store.
(c) A music store.
(d) A shoe store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augie perform in school in comparison to his brother Simon?
2. Which of the following characters does MImi VIllars NOT have a romantic relationship with?
3. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Grandma?
5. How does William treat his tenants that cannot pay their rent on time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Augie leave the services of Mr. and Mrs. Renling?
2. Why does Augie meet regularly with his caseworker, Lubin?
3. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
4. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
5. Why does Simon sell his family house without telling anyone?
6. Who is Augie meant to marry when he is a teenager, and what is his reaction to this agreement?
7. Who was King Croesus?
8. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
9. What other famous disabled persons does Augie contemplate as he is caring for William Einhorn?
10. Who is Charlotte Magnus?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)