|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
(a) She was hanged.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was electrocuted.
(d) She was poisoned.
2. How does Grandma feel about Augie working for William Einhorn?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is displeased.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is apathetic.
3. From where does Augie steal a collection of Harvard Classics books?
(a) From the school library.
(b) From William's library.
(c) From the church library.
(d) From the public library.
4. Which historical king takes the Greek philosopher Salon into refuge?
5. Why does Augie leave the services of the Renlings?
(a) Because they lowered his rates.
(b) Because he was fired.
(c) Because he missed his family.
(d) Because they wanted to adopt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of neighborhood does the March family live in?
2. Who sold Augie's family home without telling him?
3. What city does the March family live in?
4. How does William treat his tenants that cannot pay their rent on time?
5. Which of the following ailments begins to plague Momma in her old age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What religion does Augie's family practice?
2. What job does Augie help Dingbat with which involves travel to Michigan?
3. What other famous disabled persons does Augie contemplate as he is caring for William Einhorn?
4. Who is William Einhorn?
5. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
6. Why do Augie and William visit a whore house together?
7. What lecture does William give to Augie after the break in at his pool hall?
8. What was Georges-Jacques Danton?
9. Who is Charlotte Magnus?
10. How does William accommodate his wife's decorating whims in their living room?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)