|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
2. What crime did the daughter of the Dutch-Zeeland family commit before getting off scot free?
3. Where was the Rosetta Stone discovered in the 18th Century?
4. Which of the following roles is NOT one Augie plays for millionaire tycoon, William Einhorn?
5. What does Augie steal from the department store at Christmas time, leading to his prompt firing from the position?
(b) Masking tape.
(c) Shaving cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much rent does Augie pay to the Owens every month for the room he shares with two other students?
2. Why doesn't Augie want to marry Friedle Coblin?
3. What type of animal does Augie associate with the Biblical prophet, Elijah?
4. What room of the Owens' house does Augie live in with Kayo and Mimi?
5. What event does William celebrate with Augie by taking him to a whorehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Einhorn?
2. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
3. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
4. What lecture does William give to Augie after the break in at his pool hall?
5. What other famous disabled persons does Augie contemplate as he is caring for William Einhorn?
6. What is Augie's relationship to his younger brother, Georgie?
7. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
8. Who was King Croesus?
9. Who is "The Commissioner" and how does he die?
10. Why does Augie meet regularly with his caseworker, Lubin?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)