|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
2. What University does William's only son, Arthur, attend?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Idaho.
(c) University of Indiana.
(d) University of Iowa.
3. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
4. At what age is Augie expected to get married?
(a) 16-17 years of age.
(b) 20-21 years of age.
(c) 18-19 years of age.
(d) 14-15 years of age.
5. What city does the March family live in?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does William celebrate with Augie by taking him to a whorehouse?
2. What is the name of the old folks' home that Simon arranges for Grandma?
3. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
4. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
5. Who pays for Augie to get new clothes before he meets the wealthy Magnus family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Simon lose out on his engagement to Cissy Flexner?
2. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
3. Who is "The Commissioner" and how does he die?
4. What type of obituary does William write after his father's death?
5. How does William accommodate his wife's decorating whims in their living room?
6. How does the March family feel about Grandma's demand to institutionalize Georgie?
7. Why is Augie sent to live with his cousins, the Coblins?
8. Who is "Grandma"?
9. How is Augie received when he meets the Magnus family for the first time?
10. Who is William Einhorn?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)