|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made love to Momma's maid, leading to her prompt firing?
2. Which of the following characters believes that "everyone sees to it his fate is shared"?
(a) Mimi Villars.
(b) Charlotte Magnus.
(c) Kayo Obermark.
(d) Clem Tambow.
3. What school subject does Manny Pedilla excel in?
4. From where does Augie steal a collection of Harvard Classics books?
(a) From the church library.
(b) From the public library.
(c) From William's library.
(d) From the school library.
5. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
(a) He climbs up the stairs on his belly.
(b) He rides on Augie's back.
(c) He takes an elevator.
(d) He is harnessed to a rope and pulled up through the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
2. To which state does Mrs. Renling take Augie so he can vacation in a resort?
3. What color hair does Augie have?
4. Which of the following characters aligns himself with communism after the stock market crash?
5. How does Georgie feel about being institutionalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Augie received when he meets the Magnus family for the first time?
2. Who is William Einhorn?
3. Why does Simon sell his family house without telling anyone?
4. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
5. What job does Augie help Dingbat with which involves travel to Michigan?
6. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
7. Why does the Magnus family demand for the breakup of Augie and Lucy?
8. What quarrelsome love triangle does Augie have to sort out, even though he is not involved in it?
9. Who is "Grandma"?
10. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)