|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the Coblins', household?
(a) All of the above.
2. How do the Magnuses receive Augie?
(a) They love him.
(b) They are disgusted by him.
(c) They ignore him completely.
(d) They are weary of him.
3. How does WIlliam's wife feel about his frequent trips to the whorehouse?
(a) She is outraged by them.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) She does not know about them.
(d) She is pleased by them.
4. What type of business does William run?
(a) A music recording business.
(b) A pool cleaning business.
(c) A real estate business.
(d) A medical research business.
5. What role is Augie hired to play in the department store Christmas scene?
(a) A reindeer.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) An elf.
(d) A snowflake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
2. At what age is Augie expected to get married?
3. Who marries Simon's fiancé when he is forbidden to marry her?
4. Which of the following characters does MImi VIllars NOT have a romantic relationship with?
5. What rubberized decoration does Augie attempt to sell for bathroom redecoration after leaving the Renlings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Augie and William visit a whore house together?
2. Why is Augie forced to leave Chicago after signing up with the CIO?
3. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
4. How does William feel about Augie's relationship with Mimi Villars?
5. How has Simon's appearance changed during the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
6. Who does the CIO represent, and what is their aim?
7. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
8. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
9. Who is "The Commissioner" and how does he die?
10. Where does Augie meet Esther Fenchel, and what is his reaction to her?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)