|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rubberized decoration does Augie attempt to sell for bathroom redecoration after leaving the Renlings?
(d) Bath ducks.
2. Where is Augie's father at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in a mental institution.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He is in prison.
3. What does Dingbat do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a dog trainer.
(c) He is a florist.
(d) He is a boxer.
4. At what age is Augie expected to get married?
(a) 16-17 years of age.
(b) 18-19 years of age.
(c) 14-15 years of age.
(d) 20-21 years of age.
5. To which city did Simon wire money that he borrowed from William?
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
2. What does Augie steal from the department store at Christmas time, leading to his prompt firing from the position?
3. What role is Augie hired to play in the department store Christmas scene?
4. How does William treat his tenants that cannot pay their rent on time?
5. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Augie betray William after the stock market crash?
2. What other famous disabled persons does Augie contemplate as he is caring for William Einhorn?
3. What type of obituary does William write after his father's death?
4. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
5. Who is William Einhorn?
6. Why does Augie meet regularly with his caseworker, Lubin?
7. Why does Augie leave the services of Mr. and Mrs. Renling?
8. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
9. Why is Augie fired from his job at Deever's Department Store?
10. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)