|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Augie's childhood best friend?
2. Why does Simon owe money to the mob?
(a) For a burglary he committed.
(b) For business expenses.
(c) He does not owe money to the mob.
(d) For gambling debts.
3. How does Grandma feel about Augie working for William Einhorn?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is displeased.
(d) She is excited.
4. How old is Augie when he gets his first job?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
5. What is the name of the old folks' home that Simon arranges for Grandma?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dingbat do for a living?
2. What type of neighborhood does the March family live in?
3. Which of the following characters does MImi VIllars NOT have a romantic relationship with?
4. What does Augie steal from the department store at Christmas time, leading to his prompt firing from the position?
5. Why does Augie leave the services of the Renlings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was King Croesus?
2. Who is "Grandma"?
3. Who is William Einhorn?
4. How does William accommodate his wife's decorating whims in their living room?
5. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
6. What type of obituary does William write after his father's death?
7. What was Georges-Jacques Danton?
8. How does the March family feel about Grandma's demand to institutionalize Georgie?
9. Why does the Magnus family demand for the breakup of Augie and Lucy?
10. Why is Augie fired from his job at Deever's Department Store?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)