|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
2. Which of the following characters aligns himself with communism after the stock market crash?
3. Who does Augie find living in his house when he returns home from the Renlings?
(a) A Russian family.
(b) A Polish family.
(c) A Swiss family.
(d) A Jewish family.
4. How does WInnie die?
(a) She is hit by a car.
(b) She is poisoned from chocolate.
(c) Old age.
(d) She has leukemia.
5. What is the name of William's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
2. What is Augie asked to distribute for his first real job?
3. Who pays for Augie to get new clothes before he meets the wealthy Magnus family?
4. Who does Joe Gormon partner up with to rob William's pool hall?
5. Why doesn't Augie want to marry Friedle Coblin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
2. Who is Charlotte Magnus?
3. Why does Simon sell his family house without telling anyone?
4. Who is "The Commissioner" and how does he die?
5. Why does the Magnus family demand for the breakup of Augie and Lucy?
6. How does Augie betray William after the stock market crash?
7. Why does Augie meet regularly with his caseworker, Lubin?
8. Who is Augie meant to marry when he is a teenager, and what is his reaction to this agreement?
9. What was Georges-Jacques Danton?
10. What religion does Augie's family practice?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)