|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
2. Which of the following characters believes that "everyone sees to it his fate is shared"?
(a) Charlotte Magnus.
(b) Kayo Obermark.
(c) Clem Tambow.
(d) Mimi Villars.
3. Which room of his house does William burn down to please his wife's redecorating ideals?
(a) The library.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The music room.
4. Who marries Simon's fiancé when he is forbidden to marry her?
(b) Five Properties.
(c) William Einhorn.
(d) Hyman Coblin.
5. What type of business does William run?
(a) A pool cleaning business.
(b) A music recording business.
(c) A real estate business.
(d) A medical research business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augie perform in school in comparison to his brother Simon?
2. What is the term "skyscraper leaps" another name for?
3. How much rent does Augie pay to the Owens every month for the room he shares with two other students?
4. Who sold Augie's family home without telling him?
5. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
2. Why is Oliver evicted from the hotel where he is staying in Mexico City?
3. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
4. How has Simon's appearance changed during the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
5. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
6. How does William accommodate his wife's decorating whims in their living room?
7. Who does the CIO represent, and what is their aim?
8. Who was King Croesus?
9. Why does Simon lose out on his engagement to Cissy Flexner?
10. How does Augie feel about attending school?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)