Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
(b) George III.
2. In what year did the stock market crash?
3. How does Grandma feel about Augie working for William Einhorn?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She is displeased.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is excited.
4. How does WIlliam's wife feel about his frequent trips to the whorehouse?
(a) She is outraged by them.
(b) She is pleased by them.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She does not know about them.
5. Where was the Rosetta Stone discovered in the 18th Century?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Mimi Villar's baby?
2. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
3. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
4. Which of the following monkeys does NOT belong to the "household trinity"?
5. What does Augie steal from the department store at Christmas time, leading to his prompt firing from the position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
2. What quarrelsome love triangle does Augie have to sort out, even though he is not involved in it?
3. Who is William Einhorn?
4. Who is Talavera?
5. How does William feel about Augie's relationship with Mimi Villars?
6. How does William react when the stock market crashes in 1929?
7. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
8. What job does Augie almost take working for Leon Trotsky?
9. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
10. What lecture does William give to Augie after the break in at his pool hall?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)