|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts about Charlotte Magnus is NOT true?
(a) She is overweight.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is older than her boyfriend.
2. Which of the following monkeys does NOT belong to the "household trinity"?
(a) Speak no evil.
(b) Hear no evil.
(c) See no evil.
(d) Smell no evil.
3. How does WInnie die?
(a) She is poisoned from chocolate.
(b) She has leukemia.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) Old age.
4. What does Augie steal from the department store at Christmas time, leading to his prompt firing from the position?
(b) Masking tape.
(c) Shaving cream.
5. How does Augie perform in school in comparison to his brother Simon?
(a) He performs equally to Simon.
(b) Simon does not attend school.
(c) He performs better than Simon.
(d) He performs worse than Simon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does WIlliam's wife feel about his frequent trips to the whorehouse?
2. What is the name of Augie's mentally challenged brother?
3. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
4. What is "Grandma's" real name?
5. What type of store does Mr. Renling own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Simon and Augie compete when enrolled in college?
2. Who collects venomous snakes, and why?
3. How does Bateshaw prevent Augie from flagging down a passing ship after their Marine boat sinks?
4. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
5. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
6. How does Augie betray William after the stock market crash?
7. Where does Augie meet Esther Fenchel, and what is his reaction to her?
8. Why is Oliver evicted from the hotel where he is staying in Mexico City?
9. Who is Sophie Geratis?
10. What type of obituary does William write after his father's death?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)