|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term "skyscraper leaps" another name for?
2. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
(a) She was hanged.
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She was electrocuted.
(d) She was shot.
3. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
(a) He is a journalist.
(b) He is a thief.
(c) He is a race car driver.
(d) He is an economist.
4. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
5. Which room of his house does William burn down to please his wife's redecorating ideals?
(a) The living room.
(b) The library.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The music room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime did the daughter of the Dutch-Zeeland family commit before getting off scot free?
2. What type of dog is Winnie?
3. How do the Magnuses receive Augie?
4. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
5. Who does Joe Gormon partner up with to rob William's pool hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Georges-Jacques Danton?
2. How is Augie received when he meets the Magnus family for the first time?
3. How does Augie betray William after the stock market crash?
4. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
5. Where does Augie meet Esther Fenchel, and what is his reaction to her?
6. What quarrelsome love triangle does Augie have to sort out, even though he is not involved in it?
7. How does the March family feel about Grandma's demand to institutionalize Georgie?
8. Who is "The Commissioner" and how does he die?
9. How does Simon first show his cruelty when Augie works for him?
10. What job does Augie help Dingbat with which involves travel to Michigan?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)