|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Mr. Renling want to hire Augie when he first applied for the job?
(a) Because he is Jewish.
(b) Because he is too young.
(c) Because he had no experience.
(d) Because he has a criminal record.
2. Why does Simon owe money to the mob?
(a) For gambling debts.
(b) For a burglary he committed.
(c) He does not owe money to the mob.
(d) For business expenses.
3. How does Thea respond when she meets her husband's lawyers to discuss divorce proceedings?
(a) She is too afraid to speak.
(b) She dawdles through the conversation.
(c) She weeps openly.
(d) She speaks quickly and viciously.
4. Why does Augie leave the services of the Renlings?
(a) Because they lowered his rates.
(b) Because he was fired.
(c) Because they wanted to adopt him.
(d) Because he missed his family.
5. How does WInnie die?
(a) Old age.
(b) She has leukemia.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) She is poisoned from chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Augie have?
2. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
3. What penalty does Augie receive when the department store presses charges against him?
4. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
5. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)