|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jenna when a picture of her Father and his first car hung in their brownstone?
2. What brushes the windows of Ethan's truck as he drives down Allys's lane in "They Know"?
3. In "Silver," where does Jenna half remember being when a gust of wind whips her hair across her face?
4. In "Match," where is Mr. Bender to take Lily and Jenna if something happens?
5. What does Jenna break in "Control"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Allys's condition in "They Know"?
2. Why does Jenna tell Lily about her memory and other things rather than tell her parents?
3. What is Jenna's life like at the end of the novel?
4. In "Would They Ask That of Someone Who Was Real," how does Jenna describe her existence during the 18 months when she was reconstructed?
5. In "The Beach," what does Jenna tell her mother that she wants?
6. What does Jenna learn was uploaded into her system?
7. In "Pieces," what does Jenna realize about what happens when someone is busy delivering?
8. What does Jenna find in the locked room in her parents' bedroom in "Environment," and what does she realize about her find?
9. What does Father call the box with Jenna's name on it in the closet and what is it for?
10. What does Jenna tell her mother when she finds her after she destroys the backups?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Allys believes that she would not have contracted a terrible infection if there had been an Ethics Task force in place. What is Allys work with the Ethics Task Force? What is the debate about medical ethics? Why are there two sides to the medical ethics question?
Essay Topic 2
Jenna was not driving when the accident happened. Why does Jenna think that she is responsible for the accident? Who was responsible for the accident?
Essay Topic 3
Jenna is her parents’ only child. How does being her parents’ only child affect the relationship that Jenna has with her parents? What things have the three of them done to sabotage their relationship? How would you describe their relationship and how it evolves?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)