|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Blue," how much of the real Jenna does Lily say survived?
2. Of what descent is the new woman president in "California"?
3. What sport did ten-year-old Jenna play?
4. In "Persona," how many birds does Jenna see when she and Mr. Bender go into the garden?
5. What color hair does Mitch have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "School, who is the director, and what is the curriculum like at the school Jenna attends?
2. Why is Ethan at the village charter?
3. How does Jenna observe her 14-year-old self moving on a sidewalk in Paris?
4. Why does Allys attend the charter school?
5. Who is Clayton Bender and what is he working on when Jenna meets him?
6. In "Message," what does Jenna do when she is angry?
7. How did Mr. Bender meet and take Clayton Bender's name?
8. How does Jenna describe the school building in "School"?
9. Why is it surprising that Ethan asks Jenna to go with them to get something to eat at the market during their break from school?
10. What does Jenna find in the locked room in her parents' bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lily does not seem to like Jenna in the first part of the novel. Why does Jenna think that Lily does not like her? How does Lily act? What does Lily feel about Jenna? How does that cause an emotional distance between them?
Essay Topic 2
Jenna remembers buying a red skirt when she went shopping with Kara. Why is the red skirt important to Jenna? What does it symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Jenna has brief memories of her relationship with Lily before the accident. Why does Jenna think that their relationship has changed? What has changed their relationship? How has their relationship changed?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)