|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was intercepted by Madison.
(b) It was lost in the mail.
(c) It was read by Adams quickly.
(d) It was never mailed.
2. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
3. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Laws were not irreversible.
(b) Laws were irreversible.
(c) Politicians were self-interested.
(d) Politicians were not self-interested.
4. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
(a) Most places.
(b) All places.
(c) Only certain places.
(d) Not very many places.
5. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was not an elitist.
(b) That he was too vague.
(c) That he was too complicated.
(d) That he was too elitist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
2. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
3. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
4. Despite the Wars, what did Adams and Jefferson think about the century?
5. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestions for education were discussed, in Chapter 12?
2. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
3. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
4. Why was Adams skeptical and concerned about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
5. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
6. What were Adams and Jefferson trying preserve, at the end of Chapter 11?
7. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
8. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
9. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)