|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
(a) The philosophical aspects.
(b) The psychological aspects.
(c) The political aspects.
(d) The economical aspects.
2. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
3. What month did Jefferson's daughter pass away?
4. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was optimistic.
(b) He was skeptical.
(c) He was uncertain.
(d) He was concerned.
5. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The commercial interests of other countries.
(b) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(c) The political interests of the West.
(d) The political interests of the East.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
2. How many years were covered, by the letters included in Chapter 11?
3. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
4. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
5. Which state's Compromise of 1820 concerned Adams and Jefferson, in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
2. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
3. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
4. What were Adams and Jefferson trying preserve, at the end of Chapter 11?
5. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
6. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
7. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
8. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
9. Why was Adams skeptical and concerned about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)