|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was pleased.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He had no reaction.
(d) He was confused.
2. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good and wise.
(b) The wise and experienced.
(c) The good, wise, and experienced.
(d) The good and experienced.
3. When were the public school systems set up in Virginia?
(a) The 1880s.
(b) The 1860s.
(c) The 1890s.
(d) The 1870s.
4. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
5. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was too complicated.
(b) That he was too elitist.
(c) That he was not an elitist.
(d) That he was too vague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
2. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
3. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
4. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about their past differences later in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
2. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
3. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
4. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
5. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
6. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
7. What were Adams and Jefferson trying preserve, at the end of Chapter 11?
8. How did Adams and Jefferson approach political topics in their renewed correspondence?
9. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)