|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state's Compromise of 1820 concerned Adams and Jefferson, in Chapter 12?
2. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was too complicated.
(b) That he was too vague.
(c) That he was too elitist.
(d) That he was not an elitist.
3. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good, wise, and experienced.
(b) The good and experienced.
(c) The wise and experienced.
(d) The good and wise.
4. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
(a) They mostly tried to avoid it.
(b) They did not discuss it at all.
(c) They only tried to avoid it in the initial letters after the correspondence has resumed.
(d) They discussed it frequently.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
3. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
4. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
5. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)