|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) It was mutual.
(c) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
2. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
(a) The had a conversation at a political meeting.
(b) Adams wrote to Jefferson.
(c) Jefferson wrote to Adams.
(d) They both wrote to each other at the same time.
3. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
4. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Public education and science.
(b) Public education, but not science.
(c) Science, but not public education.
(d) Neither public education nor science.
5. What year did the letters in Chapter 9 begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
2. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
3. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
4. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
5. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)