|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was pleased.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was surprised.
2. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was concerned.
(b) He was skeptical.
(c) He was optimistic.
(d) He was uncertain.
3. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
4. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
(a) Representative government was spreading in countries outside of Europe.
(b) Representative government was spreading in Europe.
(c) Representative government was spreading in Europe and other countries.
(d) Representative government was the only style used in Europe.
5. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
2. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
3. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
4. How did both Adams and Jefferson consider the possibility of establishing a mutually beneficial association with Britain?
5. Which one of the following was not provided as a reason for Jefferson's monetary issues?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)