|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The political interests of the West.
(b) The commercial interests of other countries.
(c) The political interests of the East.
(d) The commercial interests of the North and South.
2. When was the last letter in Chapter 8 written?
3. What did Adams and Jefferson think about their past differences later in life?
(a) They thought of ways they could have been avoided.
(b) They thought they could have reconciled sooner.
(c) They were glad to have put them aside.
(d) They were unsure why they lasted so long.
4. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
(a) The philosophical aspects.
(b) The psychological aspects.
(c) The political aspects.
(d) The economical aspects.
5. Which state's Compromise of 1820 concerned Adams and Jefferson, in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
2. When did Jefferson establish the University of Virginia?
3. How did Abigail's correspondence with Jefferson resume?
4. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
5. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)