|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
(a) As generating only pleasure.
(b) As generating pleasure in order to replace pain.
(c) As generating more pleasure than pain.
(d) As generating equal amounts of pleasure and pain.
2. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was lost in the mail.
(b) It was never mailed.
(c) It was intercepted by Madison.
(d) It was read by Adams quickly.
3. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
(a) He wrote letters to the other friends of Adams and Jefferson.
(b) He wrote letters to both Adams and Jefferson.
(c) He wrote letters only to Adams.
(d) He wrote letters only to Jefferson.
4. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
(a) Law and political economy.
(b) Law, government, and political economy.
(c) Government and political economy.
(d) Government and law.
5. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was not surprised.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the letters of 1820 begin?
2. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
3. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
4. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
5. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)