|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
(a) They spoke with each other frequently.
(b) They did not have much to say.
(c) They preferred conversations.
(d) They did not know each other's addresses.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The political interests of the East.
(b) The commercial interests of other countries.
(c) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(d) The political interests of the West.
3. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
(a) Adams wrote to Jefferson.
(b) Jefferson wrote to Adams.
(c) The had a conversation at a political meeting.
(d) They both wrote to each other at the same time.
4. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
(a) Improved for all.
(b) Improved in some ways.
(c) Changed slightly.
(d) Changed drastically.
5. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Adams and Jefferson become sick?
2. Besides the depression, what type of problems were Adams and Jefferson following in England during the post-war world after 1815?
3. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
4. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
5. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
2. Which aspects of the country and its foundation did Adams and Jefferson think it was important for the American people to understand?
3. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
4. What interests did Adams and Jefferson have in the later years of their correspondence?
5. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
6. What did Adams and Jefferson think about the century's impact on human nature?
7. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
8. Who was Dr. Rush and why did he help Adams and Jefferson reconcile their differences?
9. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
10. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)