|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
2. How long did Dr. Rush try to reconcile Adams and Jefferson?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few years.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
3. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to change aristocracy.
(b) How to end aristocracy.
(c) How to discourage aristocracy.
(d) How to control aristocracy.
4. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
(a) December 31.
(b) November 24.
(c) January 1.
(d) July 4.
5. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
(a) He wrote letters to the other friends of Adams and Jefferson.
(b) He wrote letters to both Adams and Jefferson.
(c) He wrote letters only to Jefferson.
(d) He wrote letters only to Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
2. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
3. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
4. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
5. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson pass away, and what thoughts did they have about their lives?
3. Which aspects of the country and its foundation did Adams and Jefferson think it was important for the American people to understand?
4. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
5. What suggestions for education were discussed, in Chapter 12?
6. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
7. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
8. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
9. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)