|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the depression, what type of problems were Adams and Jefferson following in England during the post-war world after 1815?
(d) Social, economic, and political.
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. What year did Adams and Jefferson become sick?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(a) Preventing future wars.
(d) Protecting Independence.
5. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
(b) It was mutual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
2. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
3. How did both Adams and Jefferson consider the possibility of establishing a mutually beneficial association with Britain?
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
5. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which aspects of the country and its foundation did Adams and Jefferson think it was important for the American people to understand?
2. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
3. Which of Jefferson's actions upset the Adamses, in Chapter 8?
4. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
5. Who won the elections where Adams and Jefferson faced each other, and what did Adams do after hearing the results of the second election, in Chapter 7?
6. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
7. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
8. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
9. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
10. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)