|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
2. Which one of the following was not included in the description of Dr. Rush?
(a) Signer of the Declaration.
(b) Well known doctor.
(c) Writing teacher for both Adams and Jefferson.
(d) Mutual friend of Adams and Jefferson.
3. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
4. Which state's Compromise of 1820 concerned Adams and Jefferson, in Chapter 12?
5. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(c) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
(d) It was mutual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
2. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
3. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
4. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jefferson become involved with education in Virginia?
2. Which of Jefferson's actions upset the Adamses, in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
4. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about the century's impact on human nature?
6. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
7. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
8. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
9. What suggestions for education were discussed, in Chapter 12?
10. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)