|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
2. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
(b) A few.
(c) A couple.
3. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
(b) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
(c) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
(d) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
4. How did Abigail's correspondence with Jefferson resume?
(a) Jefferson wrote Abigail a letter.
(b) Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter separate from her husband's letters.
(c) Abigail added a postscript to one of her husband's letters.
(d) Adams informed Jefferson in a letter to resume writing to his wife.
5. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
2. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
3. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
4. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
5. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of Jefferson's actions upset the Adamses, in Chapter 8?
2. Who was Dr. Rush and why did he help Adams and Jefferson reconcile their differences?
3. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
5. Which aspects of the country and its foundation did Adams and Jefferson think it was important for the American people to understand?
6. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
7. How did Adams and Jefferson describe the world in their later letters?
8. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
9. What suggestions for education were discussed, in Chapter 12?
10. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)