|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(b) Protecting Independence.
(c) Preventing future wars.
2. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the Congress.
(b) The documents about the elections.
(c) The documents about their correspondence.
(d) The documents about the revolution.
3. Despite the Wars, what did Adams and Jefferson think about the century?
(a) That it understood human nature well.
(b) That it treated human nature well.
(c) That it treated human nature better than previous centuries.
(d) That it understood human nature better than previous centuries.
4. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
5. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to change aristocracy.
(b) How to control aristocracy.
(c) How to discourage aristocracy.
(d) How to end aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
2. How interested in politics were Adams and Jefferson later in life?
3. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
5. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Adams skeptical and concerned about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
2. Which of Jefferson's actions upset the Adamses, in Chapter 8?
3. Who won the elections where Adams and Jefferson faced each other, and what did Adams do after hearing the results of the second election, in Chapter 7?
4. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
6. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
7. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
8. What did Adams and Jefferson think about the century's impact on human nature?
9. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
10. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)