|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was Jefferson before the first academic session began at the University of Virginia?
2. How many years were covered, by the letters included in Chapter 11?
3. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He had no reaction.
(b) He was pleased.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was surprised.
4. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about their past differences later in life?
(a) They thought of ways they could have been avoided.
(b) They were glad to have put them aside.
(c) They were unsure why they lasted so long.
(d) They thought they could have reconciled sooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
2. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
3. What month did Jefferson's daughter pass away?
4. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
5. Besides the depression, what type of problems were Adams and Jefferson following in England during the post-war world after 1815?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
2. What were Adams and Jefferson trying preserve, at the end of Chapter 11?
3. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
4. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
5. What interests did Adams and Jefferson have in the later years of their correspondence?
6. How did Adams and Jefferson approach political topics in their renewed correspondence?
7. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
8. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
9. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
10. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)