|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
2. Which professional school subjects were included, in the letters of Chapter 12?
(a) Military and naval skill, architecture, geology, and agriculture.
(b) Military and naval skill, astronomy, fine arts, and agriculture.
(c) Military and naval skill, architecture, fine arts, and agriculture.
(d) Military and naval skill, architecture, fine arts, and accounting.
3. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In specific times of the past.
(b) In all times.
(c) In the past.
(d) In the present.
4. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
5. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
(a) Adams wrote to Jefferson.
(b) Jefferson wrote to Adams.
(c) They both wrote to each other at the same time.
(d) The had a conversation at a political meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
2. How did both Adams and Jefferson consider the possibility of establishing a mutually beneficial association with Britain?
3. Which one of the following was not provided as a reason for Jefferson's monetary issues?
4. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
5. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
2. What were Adams and Jefferson trying preserve, at the end of Chapter 11?
3. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
4. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
5. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
6. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
7. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
8. Who won the elections where Adams and Jefferson faced each other, and what did Adams do after hearing the results of the second election, in Chapter 7?
9. Who was Dr. Rush and why did he help Adams and Jefferson reconcile their differences?
10. What interests did Adams and Jefferson have in the later years of their correspondence?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)