|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month did Jefferson's daughter pass away?
2. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to control aristocracy.
(b) How to discourage aristocracy.
(c) How to change aristocracy.
(d) How to end aristocracy.
3. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
(a) He released Callendar from prison.
(b) He gave Callendar a loan.
(c) He transferred Callendar to a better prison.
(d) He gave Callendar a job.
4. What was the number of letters exchanged by Adams and Jefferson by 1820?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
(a) Improved for all.
(b) Improved in some ways.
(c) Changed slightly.
(d) Changed drastically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
2. What year did Adams and Jefferson become sick?
3. How did both Adams and Jefferson consider the possibility of establishing a mutually beneficial association with Britain?
4. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
2. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
3. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
6. Which of Jefferson's actions upset the Adamses, in Chapter 8?
7. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
8. How did Adams and Jefferson describe the world in their later letters?
9. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
10. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)