|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Adams and Jefferson remember their revolutionary days in their later letters?
2. What was the number of letters exchanged by Adams and Jefferson by 1820?
3. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
(a) A few.
(c) A couple.
4. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
(a) The political aspects.
(b) The economical aspects.
(c) The psychological aspects.
(d) The philosophical aspects.
5. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the revolution.
(b) The documents about the Congress.
(c) The documents about the elections.
(d) The documents about their correspondence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson establish the University of Virginia?
2. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
3. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
5. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about the century's impact on human nature?
3. Who won the elections where Adams and Jefferson faced each other, and what did Adams do after hearing the results of the second election, in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
5. What were Adams and Jefferson trying preserve, at the end of Chapter 11?
6. What suggestions for education were discussed, in Chapter 12?
7. Who was Dr. Rush and why did he help Adams and Jefferson reconcile their differences?
8. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
9. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
10. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)