|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to end aristocracy.
(b) How to discourage aristocracy.
(c) How to control aristocracy.
(d) How to change aristocracy.
2. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
3. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
(a) He was not surprised.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was happy.
4. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
(a) Rights of Man.
(b) Common Sense.
(c) The Crisis Papers.
(d) Agrarian Justice.
5. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years were covered, by the letters included in Chapter 11?
2. Which one of the following was not provided as a reason for Jefferson's monetary issues?
3. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
5. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
2. Which aspects of the country and its foundation did Adams and Jefferson think it was important for the American people to understand?
3. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
4. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
5. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
6. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
7. What interests did Adams and Jefferson have in the later years of their correspondence?
8. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
9. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)