|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last letter in Chapter 8 written?
2. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He was pleased.
(d) He had no reaction.
3. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
4. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
5. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
(a) Commissioner of finance.
(b) Security commissioner.
(c) Commissioner of bankruptcy.
(d) Trade commissioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Adams and Jefferson become sick?
2. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
3. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
4. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
5. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
2. Which aspects of the country and its foundation did Adams and Jefferson think it was important for the American people to understand?
3. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
4. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson approach political topics in their renewed correspondence?
6. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
7. When did Adams and Jefferson pass away, and what thoughts did they have about their lives?
8. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
9. Why was Adams skeptical and concerned about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. What opinions did Adams and Jefferson have about the post-war conditions, in Chapter 12?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)