Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
2. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
(a) Representative government was spreading in Europe and other countries.
(b) Representative government was the only style used in Europe.
(c) Representative government was spreading in Europe.
(d) Representative government was spreading in countries outside of Europe.
3. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1775 to 1779.
(b) From 1777 to 1779.
(c) From 1774 to 1776.
(d) From 1774 to 1778.
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters during 1801.
(b) The letters both before and after 1801.
(c) The letters before 1801.
(d) The letters after 1801.
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
3. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
4. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)