|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters before 1801.
(b) The letters during 1801.
(c) The letters both before and after 1801.
(d) The letters after 1801.
2. What was Dr. Rush's view of the estrangement of Adams and Jefferson?
(a) He thought it was necessary for the two to become better friends.
(b) He thought it was necessary for the two to understand each other better.
(c) He thought it was most likely irreconcilable.
(d) He thought it was a tragedy.
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
5. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(b) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(c) The lack of awareness of it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
3. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
5. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)