|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and reserved.
(b) Short, round, and reserved.
(c) Short, slender, and jovial.
(d) Short, round, and jovial.
2. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The beginning of April.
(b) The beginning of October.
(c) The end of October.
(d) The end of April.
3. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(c) Other documents.
(d) Books, poems, and other documents.
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 10.
(b) July 4.
(c) June 4.
(d) July 10.
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The decision to have elections.
(b) The authority to resist British oppression.
(c) The trade agreements.
(d) The economic status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
2. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
3. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)