Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 10.
(b) July 4.
(c) June 10.
(d) June 4.
2. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
3. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(d) Literature and other people's opinions.
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's politics.
(c) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(d) They resented Britain's economic acts.
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
2. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
3. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
4. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
5. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)