One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) The only concern.
(b) No concern.
(c) A major concern.
(d) A minor concern.
2. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good and wise.
(b) The good and experienced.
(c) The good, wise, and experienced.
(d) The wise and experienced.
3. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
4. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected for short periods of time.
(b) If elected or unelected.
(c) If elected for long periods of time.
(d) If elected.
5. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In the past.
(b) In the present.
(c) In specific times of the past.
(d) In all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
5. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)