|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
2. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
3. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
4. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
5. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Clouds end?
2. Describe Lysistrata.
3. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
4. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
5. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
6. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
7. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
8. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
9. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
10. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several other symbols, other than wine, are used in the three plays by Aristophanes. Pick three to describe and compare.
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from different plays and compare and contrast them. Draw a conclusion about Aristophanes's messages to Athenians.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in Aristophanes's lexicon let their self-interest get in the way of everyday life. Name three characters that do this, not all from the same play, and discuss how they are alike and different.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)