Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the two major kinds of male-to-male relationships that were common in Ancient Greece.
Essay Topic 2
The sacrifice of peace to Dionysus was a ritual performed in The Acharnians. though there are several more that occur in the three plays. Pick one other ritual and describe it in detail. Relate it to the sacrifice to Dionysis. How is it similar? Different? What makes it a ritual?
Essay Topic 3
War and peace are topics discussed at length in Aristophanes plays. Discuss how their concepts change in the series of plays and what Aristophanes overall message is to Athens.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)