Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 1
How is the majority of conflict resolved in Ancient Greece? In Aristophanes's work, name a conflict, no matter how large or small, in each of the three plays and talk about how it develops and how it is resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in Aristophanes's lexicon let their self-interest get in the way of everyday life. Name three characters that do this, not all from the same play, and discuss how they are alike and different.
Essay Topic 3
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)