|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
2. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
3. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
4. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
5. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the problems involved with the female empowerment in Lysistrata.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the situations and ideas expressed by Aristophanes throughout his work may come across today as offensive. Keeping in mind the range of things people find comedic today, talk about what those situations were and why they were historically considered fodder for comedy. In short, what did Ancient Greece find funny, and how have we changed?
Essay Topic 3
Now that we know a frame is a literary and dramatic device used to give the audience a way to look and understand the world of the play, such as Dikaiopolis suggesting in his beginning monologue all of his best memories are from theatre experiences, identify at least three other frames in the plays by Aristophanes. Know that frames can be physical as well as cultural or historical. Compare and contrast the frames used by Aristophanes and how the play would be different without them.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)