|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
2. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
3. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
4. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
5. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
2. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
3. Describe Lysistrata.
4. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
5. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
6. How does The Clouds end?
7. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
8. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
9. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
10. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the two major kinds of male-to-male relationships that were common in Ancient Greece.
Essay Topic 2
Talk about the use of the fourth wall in Aristophanes's work. What is it and why is it important? Give specific examples from the three plays.
Essay Topic 3
The gods and goddesses are peppered through Aristophanes's work. Collect and describe the gods place in Athenian everyday life. Talk about the relationship between the gods and the people.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)