|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
2. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
3. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
4. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
5. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the majority of conflict resolved in Ancient Greece? In Aristophanes's work, name a conflict, no matter how large or small, in each of the three plays and talk about how it develops and how it is resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Talk about the use of the fourth wall in Aristophanes's work. What is it and why is it important? Give specific examples from the three plays.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in Aristophanes's lexicon let their self-interest get in the way of everyday life. Name three characters that do this, not all from the same play, and discuss how they are alike and different.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)