Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
Aristophanes, as well as many other playwrights, has included historical figures in his work. As we know, Euripidies was an actual tragic playwright, and he is a character in the play. However, Cleon is another example of a real historical figure, though he is never represented onstage. Do you think fictional works affect how historical figures are presented, and if so, does it have a positive or negative effect on the person? Compare and contrast how you see Euripidies's, Cleon's, and Socrates's personalities today, and give evidence to support your conclusions.
Several other symbols, other than wine, are used in the three plays by Aristophanes. Pick three to describe and compare.
Talk about the two major kinds of male-to-male relationships that were common in Ancient Greece.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)