|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 1
These three plays speak to a broad spectrum of culture, life, ritual, and relationships in Ancient Greece. Pick three concepts that still exist today, and relate them to present time. Use materials from the book and trace how your three concepts have traveled through time and how they exist now. Some ideas include education, politics, and religion.
Essay Topic 2
Talk about the two major kinds of male-to-male relationships that were common in Ancient Greece.
Essay Topic 3
Talk about the use of the fourth wall in Aristophanes's work. What is it and why is it important? Give specific examples from the three plays.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)