Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 1
The Megarian is a classic rural stereotype Aristophanes uses to poke fun at another city and way of life. However, this is hardly the only stereotype used in the play. Identify another stereotype used by Aristophanes, keeping in mind stereotypes are not always about race. What has Aristophanes gained or lost by this depiction?
Essay Topic 2
In the world Aristophanes weaves for us in The Acharnians, politics and satire are so wrapped up in each other they are almost impossible to separate. Why do these two concepts go so well together? What makes this work, and if you separated them, what would happen to the play? What about how politics are practiced in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 3
Several other symbols, other than wine, are used in the three plays by Aristophanes. Pick three to describe and compare.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)