|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
2. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
3. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
4. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
5. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
2. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
3. The Chorus of Old Men also push logs up to the Acropolis. How do they handle the task and what does that symbolize?
4. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
5. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
6. Describe Cinesias.
7. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
8. How does The Clouds end?
9. Describe Lysistrata.
10. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters of Dikaiopolis and Lamachus foil each other in The Acharnians. Pick two other characters that strongly contrast with each other. Describe them separately, and then talk about what makes them similar and different.
Essay Topic 2
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)