|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
2. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
3. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
4. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
5. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
2. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
3. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
4. Outline Wrong's argument in the formal debate.
5. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
6. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
7. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
8. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
9. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
10. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the two major kinds of male-to-male relationships that were common in Ancient Greece.
Essay Topic 2
The characters of Dikaiopolis and Lamachus foil each other in The Acharnians. Pick two other characters that strongly contrast with each other. Describe them separately, and then talk about what makes them similar and different.
Essay Topic 3
War and peace are topics discussed at length in Aristophanes plays. Discuss how their concepts change in the series of plays and what Aristophanes overall message is to Athens.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)