|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
2. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
3. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
4. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
5. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
Essay Topic 1
These three plays speak to a broad spectrum of culture, life, ritual, and relationships in Ancient Greece. Pick three concepts that still exist today, and relate them to present time. Use materials from the book and trace how your three concepts have traveled through time and how they exist now. Some ideas include education, politics, and religion.
Essay Topic 2
Now that we know a frame is a literary and dramatic device used to give the audience a way to look and understand the world of the play, such as Dikaiopolis suggesting in his beginning monologue all of his best memories are from theatre experiences, identify at least three other frames in the plays by Aristophanes. Know that frames can be physical as well as cultural or historical. Compare and contrast the frames used by Aristophanes and how the play would be different without them.
Essay Topic 3
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)