|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
2. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
3. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
4. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
5. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline Wrong's argument in the formal debate.
2. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
3. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
4. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
5. Describe Cinesias.
6. Describe Lysistrata.
7. The Chorus of Old Men also push logs up to the Acropolis. How do they handle the task and what does that symbolize?
8. How does The Clouds end?
9. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
10. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wine is used throughout The Acharnians and Lysistrata as a symbol. Describe what it means and what it symbolizes. How does that symbol develop throughout its use in the plays? What does using wine mean for the festival of plays in Athens?
Essay Topic 2
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
Essay Topic 3
Talk about the problems involved with the female empowerment in Lysistrata.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)