|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
2. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
3. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
4. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
5. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
Essay Topic 2
Aristophanes, as well as many other playwrights, has included historical figures in his work. As we know, Euripidies was an actual tragic playwright, and he is a character in the play. However, Cleon is another example of a real historical figure, though he is never represented onstage. Do you think fictional works affect how historical figures are presented, and if so, does it have a positive or negative effect on the person? Compare and contrast how you see Euripidies's, Cleon's, and Socrates's personalities today, and give evidence to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
War and peace are topics discussed at length in Aristophanes plays. Discuss how their concepts change in the series of plays and what Aristophanes overall message is to Athens.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)