|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
2. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
3. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
4. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
5. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters of Dikaiopolis and Lamachus foil each other in The Acharnians. Pick two other characters that strongly contrast with each other. Describe them separately, and then talk about what makes them similar and different.
Essay Topic 2
Several other symbols, other than wine, are used in the three plays by Aristophanes. Pick three to describe and compare.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)