Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 1
In the world Aristophanes weaves for us in The Acharnians, politics and satire are so wrapped up in each other they are almost impossible to separate. Why do these two concepts go so well together? What makes this work, and if you separated them, what would happen to the play? What about how politics are practiced in Lysistrata?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from different plays and compare and contrast them. Draw a conclusion about Aristophanes's messages to Athenians.
Essay Topic 3
Now that we know a frame is a literary and dramatic device used to give the audience a way to look and understand the world of the play, such as Dikaiopolis suggesting in his beginning monologue all of his best memories are from theatre experiences, identify at least three other frames in the plays by Aristophanes. Know that frames can be physical as well as cultural or historical. Compare and contrast the frames used by Aristophanes and how the play would be different without them.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)