|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
2. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
3. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
4. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
5. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
2. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
3. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
4. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
5. Describe Lysistrata.
6. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
7. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
8. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
9. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
10. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several other symbols, other than wine, are used in the three plays by Aristophanes. Pick three to describe and compare.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
Essay Topic 3
War and peace are topics discussed at length in Aristophanes plays. Discuss how their concepts change in the series of plays and what Aristophanes overall message is to Athens.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)