|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
2. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
3. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
4. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
5. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
2. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
3. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
4. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
5. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
6. Why are the Chorus of Acharnians angry as they make their first appearance in The Acharnians?
7. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
8. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
9. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
10. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several other symbols, other than wine, are used in the three plays by Aristophanes. Pick three to describe and compare.
Essay Topic 2
Talk about the problems involved with the female empowerment in Lysistrata.
Essay Topic 3
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)