|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
2. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
3. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
4. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
5. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
2. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
3. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
4. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
5. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
6. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
7. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
8. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
9. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
10. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The gods and goddesses are peppered through Aristophanes's work. Collect and describe the gods place in Athenian everyday life. Talk about the relationship between the gods and the people.
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from different plays and compare and contrast them. Draw a conclusion about Aristophanes's messages to Athenians.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)