|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
3. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
4. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
5. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Chorus of Acharnians's attitude toward Dikaiopolis and Lamachus at the end of the play?
2. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
3. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
4. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
5. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
6. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
7. Why are the Chorus of Acharnians angry as they make their first appearance in The Acharnians?
8. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
9. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
10. The playwright highlights Dikaiopolis's character arc by juxtaposing Lamachus getting ready for battle with Dikaiopolis getting ready to go feast. How has the character of Dikaiopolis changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in Aristophanes's lexicon let their self-interest get in the way of everyday life. Name three characters that do this, not all from the same play, and discuss how they are alike and different.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
Essay Topic 3
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)