Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
2. Who poses as the eunuchs?
3. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
5. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
2. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
3. How does The Clouds end?
4. Who is Lampito? Describe how she is treated by the Athenian women.
5. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
6. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
7. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
8. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
9. Now that all the men have gathered, what is their condition before meeting Lysistrata?
10. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
War and peace are topics discussed at length in Aristophanes plays. Discuss how their concepts change in the series of plays and what Aristophanes overall message is to Athens.
The gods and goddesses are peppered through Aristophanes's work. Collect and describe the gods place in Athenian everyday life. Talk about the relationship between the gods and the people.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)