|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
2. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
3. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
4. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
5. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
2. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
3. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
4. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
5. What is the Chorus of Acharnians's attitude toward Dikaiopolis and Lamachus at the end of the play?
6. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
7. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
8. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
9. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
10. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline the current state of affairs or status quo in The Acharnians or Lysistrata. Include three major areas of topic, such as politics, religion, or trade.
Essay Topic 2
The characters of Dikaiopolis and Lamachus foil each other in The Acharnians. Pick two other characters that strongly contrast with each other. Describe them separately, and then talk about what makes them similar and different.
Essay Topic 3
Talk about the two major kinds of male-to-male relationships that were common in Ancient Greece.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)