|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
2. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
3. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
4. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
5. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
2. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
3. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
4. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
5. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
6. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
7. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
8. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
9. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
10. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from different plays and compare and contrast them. Draw a conclusion about Aristophanes's messages to Athenians.
Essay Topic 2
The characters of Dikaiopolis and Lamachus foil each other in The Acharnians. Pick two other characters that strongly contrast with each other. Describe them separately, and then talk about what makes them similar and different.
Essay Topic 3
Wine is used throughout The Acharnians and Lysistrata as a symbol. Describe what it means and what it symbolizes. How does that symbol develop throughout its use in the plays? What does using wine mean for the festival of plays in Athens?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)