|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
2. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
3. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
4. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
5. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
2. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
3. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
4. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
5. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
6. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
7. What is Pheidippides immediate opinion of Socrates's school?
8. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
9. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
10. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in Aristophanes's lexicon let their self-interest get in the way of everyday life. Name three characters that do this, not all from the same play, and discuss how they are alike and different.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a Chorus that fascinates you and talk about their arc throughout the play they are featured in.
Essay Topic 3
These three plays speak to a broad spectrum of culture, life, ritual, and relationships in Ancient Greece. Pick three concepts that still exist today, and relate them to present time. Use materials from the book and trace how your three concepts have traveled through time and how they exist now. Some ideas include education, politics, and religion.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)